What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Pulse - Good Deal?  (Read 11743 times)

derekb

Limelight Pulse - Good Deal?
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:49:36 pm »
Hello,  I live around Detroit,MI and I'm looking to get the pulse. I just wet tested it today and I like it alot. Prices don't change much anywhere around here, right at $9,500 for the tub, stairs, and the cover lifter attachment. However they are running a special for a few more days where each purchase comes with a free ACE salt water care system($1,500) which I've seen great reviews on.

Is this a "good" deal? It also comes with 15months no interest...

Hot Tub Forum

Limelight Pulse - Good Deal?
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:49:36 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Limelight Pulse - Good Deal?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:36:19 pm »
  I think the pulse is a nice spa, but not 9500 nice.   What other brands do you have in your area?   And yes the free salt system is great but to me it seems they are making it up in the price of the spa!   

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:35:13 am »
I probably agree with Jim. While the pulse is a nice spa, I was offered less for a HS Vanguard. (no opinion on the ACE)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:47:20 am »
  I think the pulse is a nice spa, but not 9500 nice.   What other brands do you have in your area?   And yes the free salt system is great but to me it seems they are making it up in the price of the spa!

"Jacuzzi" Jim doesn't think a competitor is worth $9,500....I'm shocked  ::)

Free Salt is a nice promo right now, although you cannot do the 15month AND the free salt unless your local dealer is offering that financing deal in house, manufacturer is covering one or the other

Pulse is a nice spa, have you wet tested?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:49:28 am by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

dagboi

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:14:18 am »
I got my Pulse for about $1500 less without Ace, so there ya go.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 01:15:37 pm »
The Pulse is offered at my competitor for $8495

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »
 Enough said!        And FWIW I didn't say there was anything wrong with the spa, but I wouldn't spend 9500 on that "particular" spa.   Nor would I spend it on a J-365 either which in my opinion is nicer than the pulse, but I am not going to argue with you on that, not worth the time.   

Also I doubt the mnfg is covering it completely,  my guess would be it's a co-op between the mnfg and the dealer.     

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »
Enough said!        And FWIW I didn't say there was anything wrong with the spa, but I wouldn't spend 9500 on that "particular" spa.   Nor would I spend it on a J-365 either which in my opinion is nicer than the pulse, but I am not going to argue with you on that, not worth the time.   

Also I doubt the mnfg is covering it completely,  my guess would be it's a co-op between the mnfg and the dealer.    

and again your guess would be wrong, keep swinging though...and if anyone should know that tub prices can vary widely across the country it should be someone like you who works in the industry..."I'm 1,000 miles from you and I got my tub for $1,000 less, ok great go drive 1,000 miles to pick one up at that price then"

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »
I would think Detroit would be at the bottom of the price scale seeing as though the city is in dire economic straits.  Find it hard to believe that a lot of hot tubs are getting moved that way.  Hot Springs will make their money back on the ace system over 5 years because by then they will be on there 3rd cell lol

derekb

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 02:06:39 pm »
thanks for all the replies! especially the heated ones... $9,500 is the lowest in michigan because they are the only place in michigan that sell it. I know prices are cheaper in other states, but adding delivery to that would make it the same or more.... We wet tested the pulse and love it. I know people have bought the pulse for $1,000 cheaper but thats why I'm asking about the entire package, and for the fact that this is the cheapest price in michigan....

My dealer offers both 15 month financing AND saltwater ace system(2 seperate promos) until the 30th, which is when I have to decide.

Can anyone tell me:
1. is there any reason to NOT get the free ace salt system?
2. am I better off buying a used pulse somewhere?
3. what would you do?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »
If it comes included it's worth it.  They do work well it's just a matter of longevity which there are various opinions on that.  Used is a crapshoot, if that's the only game in town then you could absolutely do a lot worse.  The Pulse is a nice tub.  Have you looked at any other manufacturers or are you set on Hot Spring?  Also it wouldn't hurt to offer $8500 and see what happens

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 02:47:29 pm »
This is just "my" opinion!    If your heart is set on it then buy it.    As far as the salt system I wouldn't pay for it,  but if it's free then why not get it.  I could give a few reasons why not to buy it, but that's gonna start another debate. :roll:     As far as used if your willing to spend 9500 on a spa why even look at used and like mentioned it's a crap shoot.   If the only spa dealer you have there is  HS dealer not many other options then, or if you have looked at others and didn't find anything you liked or would consider then again go buy it..           

Hope this makes TwinCities happy, probably won't as he's been bit defensive lately..     ;D 

Wannatub

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 06:04:55 pm »
In the spring I had decided the Pulse was the tub I wanted and was price shopping trying to beat $8,200 for pretty much the same packsge you're looking at.  I'm in New Hampshire so I'd imagine the freight would be somewhat higher which should have been reflected in the prices I was geting.  I did a quick check on the Caldera site and there's a guy in Utica who says he services your area, and their Salina was a real contender when I was shopping.  There's also another guy in someplace called Livonia (hard to tell if that's too far afield from the google map) who sells both Jacuzzi and Sundance, both of which have attractive oferings, so you've got options...  You may have found the only Hot Springs guy around, but there are other quality manfacturers out there to look at.  The Pulse will always be available -- especially at that price, so you can always go back and get it if that's what's best for you at the end of the day.  I hope you do yourself a favor and explore some of these other choices.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 02:18:31 pm »
In the spring I had decided the Pulse was the tub I wanted and was price shopping trying to beat $8,200 for pretty much the same packsge you're looking at.  I'm in New Hampshire so I'd imagine the freight would be somewhat higher which should have been reflected in the prices I was geting.  I did a quick check on the Caldera site and there's a guy in Utica who says he services your area, and their Salina was a real contender when I was shopping.  There's also another guy in someplace called Livonia (hard to tell if that's too far afield from the google map) who sells both Jacuzzi and Sundance, both of which have attractive oferings, so you've got options...  You may have found the only Hot Springs guy around, but there are other quality manfacturers out there to look at.  The Pulse will always be available -- especially at that price, so you can always go back and get it if that's what's best for you at the end of the day.  I hope you do yourself a favor and explore some of these other choices.

freight has little or nothing to do with it...dealer sets the margin, if the dealer happens to be a big pool builder or sell fireplaces, patio furniture, etc. he can keep a lower margin on the spas because he makes a large % of his money off other items.  What folks don't seem to realize is that no matter what spa your looking at it will always be cheaper somewhere else in the country...Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Bullfrog...doesn't matter, so while your recommendation to look at other spas is definitely valid, there will still be better pricing on that different spa somewhere else in the country just like on the Pulse model he is looking at.  Other factors include volume, some owners keep very thin margins and rely on huge volume to keep the doors open (A brand new Pulse at $8,200 is an example of this), others would rather keep margins a big higher, therefore moving less volume (A brand new Pulse at $9,500 is an example of this) typically these are "spa only" dealers and although your paying a little bit more, generally you could expect a little better service since they only deal with spas, we have a pool company who sells spas near us and in the summer its 2-3 weeks to get a service call done on a spa because they are so busy with "pool season"

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »
I think by looking at other brands he will get a sense if that's the going rate in his area for a premium spa brand.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42