What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bromine[chlorine] generators and high ph?  (Read 2848 times)

J.C.McGILLICUDDY

• ask a million questions
bromine[chlorine] generators and high ph?
« on: June 17, 2004, 09:01:34 pm »
has anyone have any knowledge or experience with Bromine generators?I have a genesis aqua pure system. it works quite well except during heavy use ,its a little slow to recover,so i throw some MPS to free up some Bromine and speed things up a bit.My question is,do these system also tend to generate high ph?I've been told that the Bromine produced is ph neutral.There is some gas that comes out in small amounts now and then.I suspect this is hydrogen.Is it possible that this is causing the high ph?Ihave soft water 200ppm,ch35,no metals,ta&ph both start off low.as soon as the Bromine starts being produce ph goes up to7.9-8.0 shocking with MPS and ph down lowers ph but only temporary.My ch is 150ppm,ta 100ppm.should i continue trying to bring it down or let it stay where it wants to be?interesting thou, my balance is right where it should be if i was using the hamilton index for water balancing,which will be the topic of my next post. thanks for any insite on this subject J.C.

Hot Tub Forum

bromine[chlorine] generators and high ph?
« on: June 17, 2004, 09:01:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42