What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Costco Divine dal-1040  (Read 45818 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Costco Divine dal-1040
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »
Oh no a ford!!! Our fleet may have to switch back to them. Chevrolet no longer makes a long box half ton x-cab. We had Fords 12 years ago and have filtered all them out as they don't last as long. We will pay a bit less for the Fords. But we won't get the longevity.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »

sorebikr

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »
"Costco got them back in droves".. exactly my point if its not up to par they simply take it back..where's the risk ?..and y pay a premium if you can keep testing Costco until your happy at half the price..jmho:)

An honest question here:  How do you return a hottub to Costco?  Assuming they take it, no questions asked, they don't fit in the back of a pickup do they?  I suppose they could, if they were on their side, and properly strapped down.  So you'd ask a few friends to move it 10', or 100' to get to the truck, and then up into the truck.  I guess there's a ramp involved.  Then you goto the store, stand in line at the customer "service" line, deal with someone else who you haven't spoken to on the phone, who needs to get their manager, and then you drive around back and drop it off?

I really don't have much of a point here except that time isn't free and that sounds like a royal pain in the ass.  Not to mention if you damage it in transit, I'd imagine Costco would have grounds for refusal? 

It seems like the likely outcome is "I'll just settle for the tub I bought" not "I'll just return it".

Disclosure:  I don't sell tubs.  I do have a costco membership.

There really isn't a need for some forum members to manufacture an "us" vs "them" mentality here.  I think everyone is trying their best* to be helpful here, and sometimes there's a middle ground.

*your mileage may vary

bimmerdog

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 01:49:57 pm »
"Costco got them back in droves".. exactly my point if its not up to par they simply take it back..where's the risk ?..and y pay a premium if you can keep testing Costco until your happy at half the price..jmho:)

An honest question here:  How do you return a hottub to Costco?  Assuming they take it, no questions asked, they don't fit in the back of a pickup do they?  I suppose they could, if they were on their side, and properly strapped down.  So you'd ask a few friends to move it 10', or 100' to get to the truck, and then up into the truck.  I guess there's a ramp involved.  Then you goto the store, stand in line at the customer "service" line, deal with someone else who you haven't spoken to on the phone, who needs to get their manager, and then you drive around back and drop it off?

I really don't have much of a point here except that time isn't free and that sounds like a royal pain in the ass.  Not to mention if you damage it in transit, I'd imagine Costco would have grounds for refusal? 

It seems like the likely outcome is "I'll just settle for the tub I bought" not "I'll just return it".

There really isn't a need for some forum members to manufacture an "us" vs "them" mentality here.  I think everyone is trying their best* to be helpful here, and sometimes there's a middle ground.

*your mileage may vary

You know me here to help...20 seconds to find answer

"If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up"

Your welcome

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 02:05:58 pm »

*your mileage may vary

"If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up"

Your welcome

Thats interesting because I thought the people who in the past have talked about returnign a spa said they were told they had to return it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

sorebikr

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:58 pm »

*your mileage may vary

Your welcome

Thats interesting because I thought the people who in the past have talked about returnign a spa said they were told they had to return it.

He read it on the internet, it must be true. 

sorebikr

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 03:06:50 pm »

*your mileage may vary

Your welcome

Seriously - do you get your kicks trying to be obnoxious?

I would expect, if people had great experience with Costco returns, then it would be simple to find testimonials about how easy it was.  SOMEONE would come back to the boards and say "hey, you guys were right, the tub sucked and here's what happened when I tried to return it.  It was SO easy.  Now I'm in the market for a tub and I'm looking for features XYZ because that's what I didn't like about the costo tub".  Or maybe costco has a 100% satisfaction rate.

As I said, I don't have a stake in this, I really don't.  I already own a tub I'm happy with, I don't sell them, etc.  But living in the real world, we all know its not as simple as giving Costco a call and a truck magically appears to haul away your used tub. 

vangoghsear

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 03:34:56 pm »
Is 144000 miles a lot for what you've been buying? Let me guess, Kia, Hyundia? Yes throw them away. I'm surprised you made it to 144. I like to buy 200,000 mile vehicles. Or even more. I plan on going to 300,000 or more with my truck.

I gota pay more though.

My point is if you pay less for a box store tub. Please don't think your experience is indicative of a more expensive top brand.

My 2006 Kia Rio came with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, has 97,000 miles on it, never had a major problem, or even minor ones outside of normal issues (battery died after 6 years, about the expected battery life), it gets 31 miles per gallon average and can get 39 on long trips, and cost me a wopping $10,000 new.  It's my third Kia.  I sold my first one a Sportage with 160,000 miles on it and it is still being used by the guy who bought it.  My wife still drives the second Kia:  a Sorento.  The ride is so nice in the Sorento our neighbors dubbed it, "The limo."

My point is, sometimes you get what you pay for and other times, you just pay more for who made it.

That said, I wouldn't buy a Costco Hot Tub.  I'd recommend going through a dealer.  I'd look at the big name roto-molded options if price is an issue.  Some of those look real nice.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:43:50 pm by vangoghsear »

brillskill

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »
They pick it up curbside..I called that was the answer..Costco goes out of their way to please customers..everyone knows that.. Not just the "Internet"

bimmerdog

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:26 pm »
I just got off the phone with Costco.  I know I'M obnoxious for actually finding answers and not just "HEARSAY" The nice lady said and I quote "you can send back a hot tub up to 90 days with out any review from Costco for a full refund"  She did say up to a year without a review but she said it would be a for sure thing up to 90 days.  She then said "after a year there would be a review if Costco would accept it back" 

Here is the number if you want to call yourself 1-800-955-2292 I did use option 4 to get to a person.  I wouldn't trust me I'M a shady person 8)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 04:31:57 pm »
I just got off the phone with Costco.  I know I'M obnoxious for actually finding answers and not just "HEARSAY" The nice lady said and I quote "you can send back a hot tub up to 90 days with out any review from Costco for a full refund"  She did say up to a year without a review but she said it would be a for sure thing up to 90 days.  She then said "after a year there would be a review if Costco would accept it back" 

Here is the number if you want to call yourself 1-800-955-2292 I did use option 4 to get to a person.  I wouldn't trust me I'M a shady person 8)

Is there a fee for that?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2013, 04:52:20 pm »
Is 144000 miles a lot for what you've been buying? Let me guess, Kia, Hyundia? Yes throw them away. I'm surprised you made it to 144. I like to buy 200,000 mile vehicles. Or even more. I plan on going to 300,000 or more with my truck.

I gota pay more though.

My point is if you pay less for a box store tub. Please don't think your experience is indicative of a more expensive top brand.

My 2006 Kia Rio came with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, has 97,000 miles on it, never had a major problem, or even minor ones outside of normal issues (battery died after 6 years, about the expected battery life), it gets 31 miles per gallon average and can get 39 on long trips, and cost me a wopping $10,000 new.  It's my third Kia.  I sold my first one a Sportage with 160,000 miles on it and it is still being used by the guy who bought it.  My wife still drives the second Kia:  a Sorento.  The ride is so nice in the Sorento our neighbors dubbed it, "The limo."

My point is, sometimes you get what you pay for and other times, you just pay more for who made it.

That said, I wouldn't buy a Costco Hot Tub.  I'd recommend going through a dealer.  I'd look at the big name roto-molded options if price is an issue.  Some of those look real nice.

My girlfriend loved her Kia also. She had a Sportage. At a little over 100g's it started to become unreliable. Little problems no biggy. Rattle here, rattle there, front end wear. A zero tolerance engine spooked me a bit. I put her in a Malibu. 3 times the vehicle. She loves it more.

You never changed your timing belt? If it breaks the motor is junk. Careful with that.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 05:01:35 pm »
No fee!!.. It's Costco!!...they take it back if your not satisfied ..period!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »

I think we can all agree on that, Costco has always been good like that on all those spas they took back in the past when they had issues. Its the actual return that I'm not so sure is as easy as some might think.

The nice lady said and I quote "you can send back a hot tub up to 90 days with out any review from Costco for a full refund" 

You posted something earlier from their site that said you can have an item "picked up for return" which I can see for items that are simple for them to pick up; now you are quoting the rep as saying you can "send it back" which is how I thought it worked?

There's a big difference between them picking it up at the curb vs someone bringing it back which is not something most would want to do under normal cicumstances. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:05:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vangoghsear

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:56 pm »
You never changed your timing belt? If it breaks the motor is junk. Careful with that.

Thanks for the warning; you are right about the timing belt, if they go they can absolutely trash an engine.  I just changed that this past year, if I remember it was a little past due, but not much. Took it to the dealer for check over and they reminded me about the timing belt.  I try and keep up on the scheduled maintenance items, but get behind sometimes.

One reason I like my Kia is that there is a great Kia dealership close by, which is also the reason I would prefer to buy a hot tub from a dealer.  I wouldn't know how to go about getting service for the small stuff.  You wouldn't want to send back a hot tub that has a leaky ozone hose, but you would still want to get it fixed.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »

I understand that they take it back for no fee but are you saying that they will send a truck out to your house to pick up your tub free of charge?  That I find almost unbelievable.

My biggest problem with purchasing at Costco opposed to a dealer is you really have no idea what you are getting.  You aren't able to sit in it, try it out and make sure that is actually the tub you want.  Even if you are able to return it you are still on the hook fr the wiring, cement slab and putting it in place. When I'm spending that much money n anything I want to now exactly what I'm getting.  You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it would you?  Something might look great n paper but its not really what it is. Then there is the atter of who actually does the warranty work? If I was to buy a tb from Costco I would stick to a basic one like the rot molded Watkins. Costco doesn't exactly have a great record with there hot tub suppliers [hydro spa, tatum Beth outf business]. Obviously it's your money ad you can spend it where you want just be carefull

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42