What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Costco Divine dal-1040  (Read 45897 times)

brillskill

Re: Costco Divine dal-1040
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:56 pm »
I am prob going with the aquaterra..only going by what I read on clear waters site on almost an identical model..they just change names for retailers like Watkins does..but if I was going for 220 mid to high end I'd def consider buying from Costco also..the reviews on the tub also are great and again it's Costco

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:56 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 10:54:36 pm »
I think you are making the safer choice. Watkins has the reputation of a stand up company.

brillskill

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
Thx for your input..I'll let ya know as soon as I decide

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:20:22 pm »
One other thing to keep in mind. I'm guessing that the divine is not te same quality as the Clearwater. Be it different equipment, different insulation or some other difference. If hat was the exact spa that Clearwater offered to their dealers then they probably wouldn't have any dealers.  I don't know this for a fact but I would want to now te difference. Good luck ad keep us informed on how you like the new tub

brillskill

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 11:29:20 pm »
You could be right..but again a comparable so called name brand tub would be at least 50% more and again I gotta believe Costco buyers would not sell junk to there consumers..I almost feel compelled to buy the Devine just to be the Ginny pig:)..for an example Watkins sells very similar plug and play tubs all over the Internet under various names but none have the same specs as there aquaterra spas sold at Costco near costco's price

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:03 am »
Who are you going to call... when you need service or advice?  Does Costco employ a full time hot tub service person?  Buy local for your sake and the small business owners in your area.  I've owned our (Jacuzzi) hot tub 5 months and have been very happy with it.  I have called the owners a few times and taken samples of water for testing. Does Costco test your water for you?  Perhaps if you are an experienced hot tub owner you don't need help with the water.  But I'm sure there will be issues down the road - for any brand.  That's just my 2 cents!

Buying local sounds all well and nice..  but buying local doesnt get me "into a tub".  Local guy allegedly only sells "high end tubs", although that excludes Hot Springs.  I figured the Aquaterra for $3k is a good "starter" tub.  If we use it a decent amount, and we "outgrow" it, then I can jump into a Hotsprings, D1, Jacuzzi, etc.   Im not sure I want to drop $8-10k+ on a tub at this point.  As far as who will service it, thats a valid point, but Im sure there are spa service companies that will accept money to service if I run into issues down the road.
By the time I run the electric, put down concrete, and buy a tub, I am spending waaaay too much $$ on a first tub.

The problem with this is that you will buy this cheapo tub and think that all tubs feel the same. So you don't like the feel and you get rid of it. But you never do find out what a true hydrotherapy experience is. All you have is how a cheap spa feels.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 09:28:45 am »
Who are you going to call... when you need service or advice?  Does Costco employ a full time hot tub service person?  Buy local for your sake and the small business owners in your area.  I've owned our (Jacuzzi) hot tub 5 months and have been very happy with it.  I have called the owners a few times and taken samples of water for testing. Does Costco test your water for you?  Perhaps if you are an experienced hot tub owner you don't need help with the water.  But I'm sure there will be issues down the road - for any brand.  That's just my 2 cents!

Buying local sounds all well and nice..  but buying local doesnt get me "into a tub".  Local guy allegedly only sells "high end tubs", although that excludes Hot Springs.  I figured the Aquaterra for $3k is a good "starter" tub.  If we use it a decent amount, and we "outgrow" it, then I can jump into a Hotsprings, D1, Jacuzzi, etc.   Im not sure I want to drop $8-10k+ on a tub at this point.  As far as who will service it, thats a valid point, but Im sure there are spa service companies that will accept money to service if I run into issues down the road.
By the time I run the electric, put down concrete, and buy a tub, I am spending waaaay too much $$ on a first tub.

The problem with this is that you will buy this cheapo tub and think that all tubs feel the same. So you don't like the feel and you get rid of it. But you never do find out what a true hydrotherapy experience is. All you have is how a cheap spa feels.

Cheap?That thing has 115 jets with 4 pumps, hell they even throw in curbside delivery. 

brillskill

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 01:27:33 pm »
Exactly Jim !..if it ain't at a dealer it has to be cheap according to these guys..that tub is far from "cheap" am except in price!

bimmerdog

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 01:33:59 pm »

I had the same problem I bought a cheapo car once and drove it till the wheels fell off...really they did after 144,000 miles.  I just figured all cars felt the way my cheapo car felt so I never bought another car again.  I ride my bicycle everywhere....it sucks. 

I actually think the brillskill is making the right decision for his situation.  I would rather see some one buy from Costco then from a semi load hot tub sell in a parking lot.  Costco will stand behind anything they sell and will still be doing business the next day. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 03:50:31 pm »
You could be right..but again a comparable so called name brand tub would be at least 50% more and again I gotta believe Costco buyers would not sell junk to there consumers..I almost feel compelled to buy the Devine just to be the Ginny pig:)..for an example Watkins sells very similar plug and play tubs all over the Internet under various names but none have the same specs as there aquaterra spas sold at Costco near costco's price

The less expensive roto molded spas make sense based on the manufacturer and price but when you start getting into $6k-9k range I'll remain skeptical but you made a statement that history shows to be untrue. In the 2000s Costco sold multiple brands that ended up being major duds. Costco got them back in droves and the manufacturers went out of business largely because of it. Costco's buying agents look for a couple things, what price will you sell it for and what specs. They don't delve into the quality of the components/spas they are buying, what size jets/how they feel, how well its insulated... Are the current offerings better? Maybe, time will tell but you can't say Costco only sells quality spas because they failed that one many times when it came to spas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 04:40:35 pm »
I had the same problem I bought a cheapo car once and drove it till the wheels fell off...really they did after 144,000 miles.  I just figured all cars felt the way my cheapo car felt so I never bought another car again.  I ride my bicycle everywhere....it sucks. 
I actually think the brillskill is making the right decision for his situation.  I would rather see some one buy from Costco then from a semi load hot tub sell in a parking lot.  Costco will stand behind anything they sell and will still be doing business the next day.

Is 144000 miles a lot for what you've been buying? Let me guess, Kia, Hyundia? Yes throw them away. I'm surprised you made it to 144. I like to buy 200,000 mile vehicles. Or even more. I plan on going to 300,000 or more with my truck.

I gota pay more though.

My point is if you pay less for a box store tub. Please don't think your experience is indicative of a more expensive top brand.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 04:45:42 pm »
"Costco got them back in droves".. exactly my point if its not up to par they simply take it back..where's the risk ?..and y pay a premium if you can keep testing Costco until your happy at half the price..jmho:)

bimmerdog

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »
"Costco got them back in droves".. exactly my point if its not up to par they simply take it back..where's the risk ?..and y pay a premium if you can keep testing Costco until your happy at half the price..jmho:)

Trust me you will never get your point across.  That is why I am so loved on this forum by a few.  :-*
 Now one thing I do have to agree on sorta kinda maybe is that if I was spending anything over $7,000 I would look closely at a hot tub store. I'm lucky because I have a lot of stores to pick from.  Now if no hot tub store was to my liking I would be OK with spending that much or more at Costco.

My question to all the naysayers about buying from Costco is, if brillskill or anyone for that matter bought a hot tub from a hot tub store could they bring it back after lets say 1 month because they hate it? Will they give them all their money back?  I hope brillskill never has a problem and has his tub for years to come. For some it is a nice feeling knowing they could return the tub if they had to. 

bimmerdog

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 06:23:19 pm »

Is 144000 miles a lot for what you've been buying? Let me guess, Kia, Hyundia? Yes throw them away. I'm surprised you made it to 144. I like to buy 200,000 mile vehicles. Or even more. I plan on going to 300,000 or more with my truck.

I gota pay more though.

My point is if you pay less for a box store tub. Please don't think your experience is indicative of a more expensive top brand.

my play car

Ping Golf demo toy

My point is I have no point  8)

brillskill

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:28 pm »
Bahahahaha!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42