What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Costco Divine dal-1040  (Read 45820 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Costco Divine dal-1040
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 04:24:17 pm »
No this thread started out with a guy looking at buying a tub from Costco.

Then it turned in to....don't buy there they suck.  You will hate your tub....you can not get a refund....you have to load it into your truck and damage the truck and tub......

Well then some of us had to come on and set the record straight and actually have facts not "It's my understanding" crap.  I 100% agree that buying from a hot tub store would be a better thing IF YOU CAN but if not I would buy a tub from Costco. 

I think that is about it. 8)

not trying to start an argument, this is just for discussion and maybe its just me, but I personally don't see 1 advantage to buying from Costco specifically because the price gap is not nearly as large as it used to be.  I guess they have a good return policy? big frickin deal, guess what I've never had to return a tub because you can touch it, sit in it, wet-test it 5 times if you need to at my store..if your buying something off a website I would hope it would have a good return policy because you have no idea what your getting because you've never seen it, touched it, sat in it, etc...

as I look at my sales floor I see 6 models under $6,500 and guess what I'll have it delivered exactly where you want it, install the lift, assemble the steps, include the GFCI panel, come out on site and do a 'spa orientation' with you, test your water for free when you come in, and when you need a service call we will be there within 48-72 hours at most (sooner if its a no heat or emergency situation)

so again, can someone tell me 1 single advantage to buying from a big box warehouse?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 04:24:17 pm »

brillskill

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »
You service Long Island???..good luck getting that price and service on Long Island!

brillskill

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »
Oh and by the way some of the tubs Costco sells are manufactured by Watkins.. "Decades long history " no?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:53 pm »
Oh and by the way some of the tubs Costco sells are manufactured by Watkins.. "Decades long history " no?

Yea and Watkins builds them exactly the same for Costco.
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:44 pm »

nope...only in the last decade have companies started buying up the smaller companies (mainly roto-mold), slapping their name on it and selling it...different facilities, different components, different employees, hell they don't even produce a brochure for them, and if they do it doesn't say hotspring anywhere on it, check the national website (hotspring.com) any mention of those tubs on their? nope...like I said, buy out a smaller struggling company, keep the equipment, staff, parts, brochures, location, etc exactly the same and slap a new brand name on it...voila

and yes I know the entire New York area in general sucks for buying spas, super expensive for sure...again I'm just trying to gain insight...so your saying location vs price point of the "big name" tub prices? what else is it? do they offer interest free financing on these spas?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:28:07 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

brillskill

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »
Not sure about financing as I wouldn't even pay a buck to these "used car salesmen"..the entire point to my original post was simple..does anyone have any experience with costco's divine tub..and the answer is apparently no one in this forum does..

bimmerdog

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »
Not sure about financing as I wouldn't even pay a buck to these "used car salesmen"..the entire point to my original post was simple..does anyone have any experience with costco's divine tub..and the answer is apparently no one in this forum does..

brillskill please just say you are buying a Hot Springs. Then eveyone will be happy. 

brillskill

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:30 pm »
Ok buying a hot spring:)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2013, 05:59:26 am »
Don't buy a Hot Springs. They are over priced and have a lot of proprietary parts. There are other brands that are better IMO
Retired

fishn4life

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:46 am »
I was set on buying a Costco Aquaterra (milano). The Aquaterra tech guy was extremely helpful when I called with "research" questions and if it weren't for the fact I couldn't wet test, I probably would have bought it. I ended up going with D1 which is located down the street from Watkins. You can read my write up on D1 in a different thread but I am very happy with my purchase. I spent 5 hours at the D1 factory wet testing and touring the factory so that played a large role in my decision.
I think that in general Costco carries quality items and their consumers are generally happy with their purchases. If they don't like their purchases, they return them for full refund - makes a happy consumer. The thing with a hot tub is who wants to go to the hassle of returning it once it's filled and ready to go? I personally didn't want to spend $4,000 + on a tub that I had no idea if me and my family would be comfortable in. Yes, Watkins makes a solid product, great customer service, but in the end I want to "test drive" before I spend that kind of money and I certainly don't want to go through the hassle of taking back a hot tub. Everyone on the forum advises to wet test before buying, I agree. I sat in a friends Hot Spring tub and as nice as the tub is, I'm glad I went with D1.  ;D
Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Audi....how are you going to know until you test drive?
Just my opinion....

HuMan321

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2013, 11:09:23 am »
I agree with the previous poster. Costco also carries nice looking bedroom furniture which we are looking for at the moment. What keeps me from buying is that I cannot see and touch before buying. Knowing I could buy and return is not an option for me on these larger ticket items.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2013, 11:15:06 am »

brillskill please just say you are buying a Hot Springs. Then eveyone will be happy.

lol, While I think the hot springs are a great spa I don't think a hot springs is what brillskill should buy.  People on here are making recomendations.  If you are buying a spa at Costco buy the rotomold from watkins

brillskill

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »
Thx !

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42