What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SunPurity Mineral Purifier  (Read 36043 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: SunPurity Mineral Purifier
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 12:30:52 am »
Needaspa.....

I have no idea what you do for a living....but...from someone who works with lenders.....again you are wrong.....I am not thinking about credit cards.....I am talking about the store you walk in and it says...no intrest....for 60....90.....6 months....12 months.....as was in the post you mentioned....the dealers are charged for it....again check with wells or any bank you like and you  can find how it works.....I just wondered......do you believe in free delvery for things...no matter what it is......if you do you must think that the driver is donating his time and truck to do it for nothing.......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 12:30:52 am »

poolboy34

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2004, 01:01:41 am »
hey needaspa!!!!!!!!!!!1  Mendo is right, truast me.  just ask him what industry he's worked in.   AND YES there is a cost to the dealer to offer financing through a third party.  Take this from someone who works in the pool and spa biz.  NOTHING in life is FREE.  "FREE Delivery", "Free Financing"............LOL wow, I guess the old saying a sucker is born every minute is correct in your case.....lol  I guess when all the radio stations, TV Stations and yellow pages come around I'll ask them about their "free advertising programs" too!!!!  At this rate, I'd suggest you get a "haven spa" or a thermospa.......b/c you and those companies are perfect for one another.

Electro

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2004, 01:37:01 am »
Hi All,    ::)

Does anyone have something else on the topic of mineral purifiers?

I'd encourage everyone who uses something else to consider using these silver and copper ions, i.e., Nature2 and other similar products, for disinfection.  There is substantial scientific evidence that levels of bacteria and algae are reduced or eliminated, compared with traditional methods.

It may not be obvious to most folks, but your observations of clear water are not good measures that bacteria and algae are reduced or eliminated.  It takes fairly expensive equipment, scientific, or medical tests to compare and check for the levels of bacteria, viruses and algae.

Electro

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2004, 11:15:49 am »
Electro

Go over to www.rhtubs.com and get to the message board (excellent).  Then do a search for posts by Vermonter.  He is a micro biologist and a chlorine advocate.  He also uses N2.  I think you might find some interesting reading.

His routine is listed in the FAQ section of that board along with another regular poster, Northman, who has a slightly different version.

Electro

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2004, 06:03:08 pm »
tony,       :)

Thanks, I'm going to do exactly as you suggest.

Electro    :)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 03:57:07 am »
Should the metal balls in the SunPurity get smaller over time?  I left mine in the tub for 6 months and did not notice them shrink any.  That is one of the reasons I did not think it was getting enough flow throw the bromine container.  I am currently trying just using Dichloro and MPS.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 03:57:26 am by brian_tr »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 06:52:34 am »
Ok, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the little bb looking things in the cartridges (I haven't used SunPurity but have used Freshwater III ag+ cartridge) are only coated with the minerals.  As the water rushes passed, it dissolves (?) the minerals into the water.  Once the minerals are gone, they leave a plain looking bb.

Just my observation!!!  ::) Forgive me for the technical terminology!!  (J/T)  LOL!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Electro

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 12:42:05 pm »
brian_tr,

Please check out the site of the manufacturer (Zodiac) at http://www.nature2.com/spas.asp
According to one answer in their FAQ, there is nothing that affects the ion distribution flow rate that uses up the cartridge in 4 months.  This means that water flow around the device does not affect how fast it is used up.  I suspect that is not entirely true, but is likely an adequate model, as long as the device is in water that is not completely stagnant.

Lori, thanks for your input.  I think you're right.

To see the utility of the Nature2 or SunPurity or other similar products, such as FreshWater Ag+ and  Rain Forest Blue, a homeowner without an extensive testing lab can baseline the use of chemicals (without the ions), then install the ion product and carefully reduce the amount of chemicals to see the effects.  I noted that 2 spa experts (Northman and Vermonter) have indicated that  2-3 ppm of free chlorine for 2 hours are necessary to kill all microorganisms in a spa.  The Zodiac manufacturer states on their site that only 0.5 ppm of free chlorine is necessary when using their product in conjunction with the lower level of chlorine.

Electro

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 02:09:24 pm »
The reason for raising the free chlorine level to 2-3 ppm is because it is impossible to maintain a .5 ppm level with dichlor in a spa.  The 2-3ppm level gives an effective kill rate and then the levels will drop to zero and can stay at zero for some time using the N2 or frog cartridge.  I have left my spa for over two weeks with just a normal shock and came back to perfectly clear water.  It also makes it a simple system to use.

With a pool you can maintain the .5 ppm with the use of a chlorinator.  In a spa, you should only use dichlor or lithium because of their near neutral pH and quick dissolving character, so there is no way to continually add chlorine.  One thing for sure, it certainly works and has helped many people who have converted from other methods of sanitation that had problems.

tony

Electro

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2004, 05:39:25 pm »
tony,

I have posted and communicated with Northman on another board and he says the same thing.  Basically that it is necessary to use chlorine for the heavy duty work of disinfection; then you may rely on an ozonator and/or N2 to keep the water disinfected while no one goes into the tub, even for many days.

So, in practice it is not realistic to maintain the 0.5 ppm chlorine residual continuously as Zodiac indicates is necessary in a hot tub.

Does that sound right?

Electro

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2004, 12:40:06 am »
That sounds about right.  Chlorine does the heavy work and then goes away.  I also have an ozonator on my spa.  You will find your Sundance spa very easy to maintain.  This is a good program, if you choose to sanitize this way.  I would not suggest trying the non chlorine alternative that Nature2 promotes...it does not give anywhere near the sanitization needed.

I saw your posts on the other board.  You are in good hands under Northman and Chas.  Vermonter may even chime in when he sees the posts.

tony
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 12:41:50 am by tony »

Electro

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2004, 03:23:04 am »
tony, Lori, and brian,                                                 :)

From what I've learned, I plan to go with the sanitanizer approach recommended by Northman.  This includes using dichlor as the main disinfectant and shock, with ozone and Nature2 ions providing continuing disinfection between uses of the tub.

I was stunned to learn that there are no scientific studies validating the use of ozone as a disinfectant for home hot tubs.  This flies in the face of the manufacturers' sales brochures which indicate that the ozonator eliminates bacteria and microorganisms.   Check your sale brochure and see what it says.

Also,  I learned that Nature2 (or their manufacturer equivalents like SunPurity) apparently not as effective as ionizer systems that supply the same silver and copper ions to the water.

Electro                                                                         :)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2004, 08:38:15 am »
I was looking at the compartment where the SunPurity fits in the other day.  There are no holes in the sides and when the pumps are not on the top of it floats above the water level so I would think it would have no flow from only the circulation pump.  My spa dealer had a regular N2 cartridge for $35 when I was there the other day.  I decided I am going to try just Dichloro and MPS this time it see how it goes.  I have been expermenting with differant combinations and so far I like EcoOne with Dichloro the best but it is to expensive.  I tried to go 2 months on one bottle but found for me I need to add it once a month like instructions say.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2004, 08:38:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42