What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SunPurity Mineral Purifier  (Read 36041 times)

Electro

Re: SunPurity Mineral Purifier
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 09:40:22 am »
needaspa,

The special 2-year no-interest financing was apparently arranged for all Jacuzzi, Sundance and Sweetwater dealers thru Wells Fargo.  Contact Sundance or Wells Fargo, if your dealer was not paying attention.

Wells Fargo's credit application (Form 1191a) specifically refers to this under a lengthy special terms section.  It is used in conjunction with a special terms sales invoice.

Electro

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 09:40:22 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 09:48:12 am »
needaspa,

The special 2-year no-interest financing was apparently arranged for all Jacuzzi, Sundance and Sweetwater dealers thru Wells Fargo.  

Just a non-spa related comments about Wells Fargo. Do you get spam wanting to give  you a better mortgage? Those websites aren't from a real lender, they just gather info and sell the leads to real lenders.  Wells Fargo buys those leads and in turn promotes spam.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 09:48:59 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2004, 02:16:16 pm »
Electro,

I am no expert on minerals.  I used the Freshwater ag+ cartridge (made by N2 for HotSpring) and I guess it did a good job.  My dealer recently quit selling spas, just pools, so I am having trouble getting the Freshwater ag+ cartridge (which fits in the filter of my Vanguard).  I have been told I can use the regular N2, just to be careful because it is smaller and may be hard to get out if not rigged right.  (Can you tell I'm not an expert, now?)

I have been using more chlorine when I get out to maintain crystal clear water.  I figure it can't hurt to use them if they help keep your chlorine usage down and your water clear.  I don't know anything about the Sundance product, but go for it.  What do you have to lose?

Ok, those are my thoughts.  The calcium issue, well, I took some water in to be tested and was told to add calcium booster.  Since I didn't have any way to test calcium (since then, I bought a Taylor Test kit and can test for calcium) I wasn't sure it did any good.  I did notice that I had to change my water sooner because of TDS.  I figure I'm doing good to get ph and alk in line!  I'll stick to the simple method!  ;)

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2004, 02:32:09 pm »
LOL...Needaspa...don't count on getting the price you want and THE "FREE" financing.... see that is one of those things that dealers pay for..I guess you could call one of those hidden costs of things that they pay for and that  you have said you do not care about thier costs of doing business....but certainly want the benefit from it....do you really believe there is such a thing as free financing...well wait maybe there is.....I think they order from Santa’s shop in the north poll bank and lending division.....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 02:38:48 pm by Mendocino101 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 02:33:36 pm »
Electro,

I am no expert on minerals.  I used the Freshwater ag+ cartridge (made by N2 for HotSpring) and I guess it did a good job.  My dealer recently quit selling spas, just pools, so I am having trouble getting the Freshwater ag+ cartridge (which fits in the filter of my Vanguard).  I have been told I can use the regular N2, just to be careful because it is smaller and may be hard to get out if not rigged right.  (Can you tell I'm not an expert, now?)

I have been using more chlorine when I get out to maintain crystal clear water.  I figure it can't hurt to use them if they help keep your chlorine usage down and your water clear.  I don't know anything about the Sundance product, but go for it.  What do you have to lose?

I bought a Taylor Test kit and can test for calcium) I wasn't sure it did any good.  I did notice that I had to change my water sooner because of TDS.  I figure I'm doing good to get ph and alk in line!  I'll stick to the simple method!  ;)

Does the Taylor kit have  test for TDS?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Electro

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 04:48:11 pm »
wmccall,

I used to get over 250 spam messages a day.  After installing 2 unique proprietary filters, I now get about one that comes through per month.

I believe you are right that Wells Fargo aggressively uses spam and purchases names and sends out unsolicited checks, with fine print expenses that are unclear to the average debtor.  I just shred this junk mail, without opening it.

Electro

Chris_H

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 04:57:34 pm »
Sometimes I get a chuckle on what people write especially this from Mendocino101, "I think they order from Santa’s shop in the north poll bank and lending division....."
Chris H

Electro

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2004, 06:42:18 pm »
Lori,

Thank you for the remarks.     :) :)

With regard to the FreshStart Ag+ Continuous Silver ioon Purifier, it appears to be similar to the Nature2 product, but without the copper ions.  Consequently, if you can switch to use the Nature2, that includes both silver and copper, you will likely get better disinfection.

Quoting from Northman in the twok99 thread of August 15, 2003, "It was previously promoted that copper was a more effective algaecide and silver the more effective bactericide.  More recent studies have shown each to be highly effective  in the control and killing of both bacteria and algae.  Together they give superior results.  Copper has the ability to pierce the protective outer membrane of a cell and disrupt enzyme balance.  Silver is effective because of its capabilities of interfering with DNA production an accelerating the death phase.  This method (the copper-silver system) has the advantage over chlorine of remaining very stable ..."  So, copper opens up the cell membranes of bacteria and algae, while silver goes in for the kill by disrupting their DNA.  Go back to this twok99 post to see more from Northman on this subject.

With regard to calcium hardness, the same post from Northman directly addressed this also.  Quoting Northman again, "I have found no benefit to using calcium hardness in modern spas.  If you adjust your alkalinity to 100-130 ppm and keep your pH as close to 7.5 as possible, the spa water is not corrosive without calcium, and will do no damage to your equipment."

In modern spas, there is a significant disadvantage in adding calcium to make the water harder.  If the pH goes high (above 8.0), the calcium in the water will plate out on all parts such as filters, heaters, plumbing and the jets.  And, it unnecessarily increases the Total Dissolved Solids.  So, more calcium can be much worse.

The only reason to add calcium is to minimize damage due to low pH (i.e., an acidic condition with pH below 7.0), for concrete, grout and plastered surfaces.  Since our modern hot tubs usually are not made of concrete, plaster, or grout, there is no reason to add calcium at all. If you have your spa on a concrete pad or there is some plaster or grouted surface nearby, you might want to consider adding calcium, but it will not prevent acids (such as spa water below 7.0 pH) from leaching the calcium out.  It just moderates the effect.  For most hot tubs, it is best to minimize calcium, perhaps soften the water, or leave hardness alone.  If you have a concrete pool, you definitely should increase calcium hardness to protect it.

Hope this is of interest.

Electro

Electro

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2004, 07:02:41 pm »
Mendocino101,

Thanks for your insight.  There is no free lunch.  One should not expect to get a great price and good financing, which is usually traded off by the dealers or manufacturers.  The auto industry have the world's best experts looking at this every single day.   But sometimes, things are not as they seem.  You're going to be very interested in this.

According to my dealer, it turns out that Wells Fargo actually provides him with "kickbacks" as an incentive to promote these no-interest 2 year deals.  The reason is that, on average, they come out way ahead when most folks do not pay off the loan within 2 years - then 36 percent accumulated interest (or whatever the amount of interest is on the unpaid principal and interest) suddenly is added to the total of the loan.   AND, they send out those checks that you just sign and voila, you have just taken another high interest loan on your birthday or for Christmas or summer vacation, etc.
The bottom line is that, on average, they actually come out way ahead (perhaps by 15 to 25 percent - would you like to see some actuarial studies) by doing these deals.

As a consequence of this, I asked for 2 percent off the final negotiated price.  The dealer thought about it, but said no as his "kickback" comes later after the profits start rolling in 2 years later.  It is likely that most dealers will not want to discuss this in detail, but my dealer was very honest and candid about his "kickback".

Electro

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2004, 07:06:37 pm »

Does the Taylor kit have  test for TDS?

Nope!  I bought some of the strips that you have, but have found them to be useful for getting a general idea.  (too big of a jump between amounts)  I take it into my local dealer about once a month and they keep me in line on TDS.  I haven't gone over 3 months between water changes anyway!

That is the only thing, I have found, that the Taylor doesn't test for (except for minerals)!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

needaspa

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2004, 07:36:06 pm »
There is no cost to the dealer as far as financing thru a third party like Wells Fargo.  The dealer gets his money from the bank and the bank charges the buyer.  Therefore, there is no reason not to get a good price on a spa and still qualify for the free financing!  The only obstacle for someone is their credit score which may preclude them from free financing.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2004, 08:47:23 pm »
There is no cost to the dealer as far as financing thru a third party like Wells Fargo.  The dealer gets his money from the bank and the bank charges the buyer.  Therefore, there is no reason not to get a good price on a spa and still qualify for the free financing!  The only obstacle for someone is their credit score which may preclude them from free financing.

WOW! Martha I just found black gold. There's no cost in them there hills if we want financing. IT'S FREE according to this Needaspa guy(girl).

Ya don't say, Doodoo. Yup! all's we gotta do is go and get a third party to pay for it and it won't be passed onto us when we buy something.  

LOL! LOL! LOL! Needaspa. I have'nt laughed this hard in a long time. We are you from! lalaland?

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2004, 08:49:09 pm »
Kay, I gotta stop bitting into this so I'm sorry and promise to let all of the other posts go buy.

But sometimes, I just can,t help myself.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2004, 09:09:33 pm »
Needaspa...(and whole lot more than that)

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG...THE DEALER DOES PAY A COST FOR IT...SOME DEALERS AND THIS DOES NOT APPLY ONLY TO SPAS PAY A % TO THE BANK/LENDING ISTATUION TO OFFFER THIS SERVICE.... NEXT TIME YOU SEE THE AUTO DEALERS OFFER 0% PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS ONLY THOUGH THIER OWN CREDIT DIVISONS...AN OUTSIDE BANK LIKE WELLS OR BOA WILL DO IT BUT AT A COST TO THE DEALER NO MATTER THE INDUSRTY.IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT AFTER CERTIAN PERIODS OF TIME THAT A DEALER MAY PROFIT FROM SUCH A PROMOTION BUT THEY DO PARTICAPTE IN THE COST UNTIL THAN.... IF YOU DOUBT THIS GO TO WELLS TELL THEM YOU HAVE A LOCAL BUSNIESS AND WANT TO OFFER FINACAING THOUGH THEM...YOUR EYES MAY FINALLY BE OPENED

needaspa

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 09:15:25 pm »
Excuse me, doodoo

The dealer incurs no cost if I finance thru Wells Fargo.  Oh, I am sorry the only cost is the 5 minutes it takes him to complete the paperwork.  Hello!

Mendo, doodoo - you are thinking about credit cards.  yes, they charge x% for the privelege of the dealer using their service.  Not for loans.  Like someone pointed out in another post, the wells makes their money from people who do not pay on time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 09:15:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42