What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: ***** Spas  (Read 76843 times)

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
Re: ***** Spas
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2005, 02:00:36 pm »
what I find so entertaining each time one of these threads starts is how totally and completely this guy controls you guys (when I say "you guys" I mean the regulars that will post and post and post again saying the same thing over and over and over again) I can somewhat understand dealers getting involved, but I see consumers getting caught up in the aguements as well. ANY post that mentions ***** spas goes to 5 pages or more in just a day or 2. Why do you let him do this to you? Think of it as the 180 of "build it and they will come" Drop and and it will die......

tx out

How else are the regulars going to get their post counts up?

Do you mean to suggest this spa manufacturer is good for something else??  :o

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2005, 02:00:36 pm »

Chris_H

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2005, 02:01:34 pm »
5 pages...

This should go to 10 easily.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2005, 02:04:42 pm »

Let me see if I can summarize this for you and elaborate on spatechs knowledge on the subject...

There is a long standing history of events going back years that shows that Jim is unstable as a human being. Other than the fact that his spas are greatly overpriced, not ETL listed and there is no service associated with that purchase, they not too bad.  :-/

Other than the fact that his puffery of overstating everything and the fact that he has been caught in a number of lies, has been banned from every spa forum but his own, poses as a shopper to promote his spas with various aliases, has a criminal past including a name change to shed his history of activity, verbally abuses anyone not agreeing with him and is unable to hold an adult conversation, he's a pretty OK guy!

In other words, it's not entirely the spa itself though one of the worst values in our industry, it's more to do with the lunatic behind them. Personally, I'm not willing to drop $10 G's on something I can't wet test (unless in an existing customers back yard whom I have never met) or make such a long term purchase from someone who can't look after me post sale. After he makes all these “alterations” on the spa and you have a warranty issue, if he’s out of business next week, do you think Phoenix is going to warranty it?

If these things don't matter, then I say buy one. The best we can do as experienced people in this industry is try to assist people in making a smart buying decision. Regardless of the quality of product, good value includes many other factors and none of which are present on the line of spas you are referring to.

Steve

shabba34

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2005, 02:05:56 pm »
5 pages...

This should go to 10 easily.
Comon Chris, we all know you want it to go ten to beat the 7 pager you started that was locked up by bill. ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2005, 02:07:52 pm »
At least it didn't get deleted...

txwillie

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2005, 02:11:12 pm »
Think about it this way. All but the totally uninitiated know who/what ***** spas are, even if the actual name is camoflaged, but I'll bet you a nickel his hit-o-meter gets pegged based on all the attention "you guys" give him here

tx out

I updated my last post

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2005, 02:11:45 pm »
"After he makes all these “alterations"

That's what I'm trying to understand. What are these alterations?
07 Caldera Geneva

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2005, 02:13:45 pm »

Instead of us doing your homework for you, I suggest reading his BS and coming back with specific questions.

Steve

shabba34

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2005, 02:15:43 pm »

A nip here, a tuck there, oops there goes my ETL.  Takes the mold, customizes jet placement, uses different pumps, controllers, cabinet, insulation theories, all in an un-controlled environment. :o

txwillie

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2005, 02:16:17 pm »
ping on the old hit-o-meter

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2005, 02:16:19 pm »

Instead of us doing your homework for you, I suggest reading his BS and coming back with specific questions.

Steve

Oh.  I was under the impression that some of you here were experts.

07 Caldera Geneva

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2005, 02:19:15 pm »
I was PM'ed twice....That alone sounds a lot like JA.

Dick,
Regardless of what you think of all the dealers making statements about JA you should have some serious doubts about why so many are giving you warnings when the don't seem to do that with the 200 plus other manufactures.

None of us are paid to give advice nor opinions so if this free service does not coincide with your purchase plans you are out nothing...Buy what you want and justify it how you will, you’re the only one that has anything to lose.

Again I caution anyone that has the sheer plethora of brand choices locally that you do to buy local from a dealer that can take care of you from a nearby location.

The reason we all question the agenda of your posts is that it just doesn't make sense to go so far to pay more money even if the spa where slightly better (and in my FREE opinion, It's not!)

For everyone else remember that JA was in California last week and probably went back through Phoenix.

As far as answering you in a PM….I personally am quite comfortable sharing my opinion on him, his spas and his company on an open forum!

No one here has anything to gain by attacking him or swaying you another direction…Many of us however have been caught up in his trickery and scams trying to just help others so when you post responses that are questionable we are going to question them.

Good luck on your venture, I hope you get the spa you desire but more importantly I hope you have a good experience with that spa.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2005, 02:25:00 pm »

Oh.  I was under the impression that some of you here were experts.

Experts yes, not your personal babysitter. :P

Soakin

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2005, 02:25:44 pm »
what I find so entertaining each time one of these threads starts is how totally and completely this guy controls you guys. ...ANY post that mentions ***** spas goes to 5 pages or more in just a day or 2. Why do you let him do this to you? ... I'll bet you a nickel his hit-o-meter gets pegged based on all the attention "you guys" give him here

I agree.  Here's a suggestion.  How about using PM's to help answer the next "shopper".  That way you can share info in case it is a legitimate inquiry, but you don't provide free exposure.  A side benefit will be less reading for the rest of us.

Since Bodyaches seems to have checked out of this thread (off in search of "truth", I'm sure) I think I will too.  Have fun!

Chris_H

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2005, 02:32:10 pm »
6 pages.  I like it.  I stopped reading at page 2.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2005, 02:32:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42