What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: ***** Spas  (Read 76692 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: ***** Spas
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2005, 12:30:43 pm »
he even PM'd me. What the heck is THAT about? Still wondering who he is?

Hmm, I didn't get any. PMs  :'(  I did verify he is getting on the internet in Pheonix.  That at first set off alarm bells to me thinking it was a Pheonix Spas person who has a stake in "that spa" But then I realized I don't even know if Pheonix spas is located in Phoenix  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:31:17 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2005, 12:30:43 pm »

Soakin

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2005, 12:42:54 pm »
He also PM'd me to inform me that he flys for free on airlines and military planes, so we weren't saving him any money by trying to steer him away.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2005, 12:46:12 pm »

But then I realized I don't even know if Pheonix spas is located in Phoenix  ;D

Phoenix spas are built in an old dilapidated barn in Anderson, CA not in Arizona. If you go to their website you'll see a map that shows where they have dealers. They are VERY much a regional small player mostly in CA, Oregon and Neveda. Only 1 dealer in Arizona but not at all near the Phoenix area (ironic). No dealers in states such as Tx, Fl, NY, Mich, Ill, where you might expect a few spa sales. They do ironically have 1 dealer in Colorado which is in the Denver area so anyone crazy enough to visit JA and see his $$ marked up rebranded spas can then go over and see the same spa at the Phoenix dealer for less.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2005, 12:52:59 pm »
You know what dick? buy that spa,it is the best in the world and noone can change that in your mind just don't bother coming here asking for advice.I gave you the best companies to buy from, even gave you the owners names of those customers so you could get a deal and not pay commissions,and you still wonder about this tub/ BUY IT!GOOD LUCK!
-SpaMan~

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2005, 01:19:15 pm »
Now I feel left out that he didn't PM me? :-/ :'(

<and I'm so unbiased when it comes to JA our lil puddin head> ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:20:25 pm by Steve »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2005, 01:26:54 pm »

Dick,
No, actually its because he's a habitual liar and his actions hurt the industry. Now that you know how we feel take it and do with it what you like but please don't waste our time any further. You'll either heed the obvious warnings or you'll drink the kool-aid and quite possibly will be kicking yourself in the future for not listening to those who know who he really is. A marine is "always faithful" to the corps which he knows to be true but their is
no truth to what that man has to offer.

Nice. Real nice.

You know both Dick and I asked what the specifics about why the **** tub is inferior. Christ. I've yet to read one post where someone who knows what they are talking about intellgiently discuss feature A to Feature B and discet the misconceptions and talk about the product.

It's not just you Spatech, it's others too.

But if you read some of these response, some of you sound just as bad as far as "slamming the competetion than others".

Anyone have info on the tub itself and how it compares to other tubs?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:40:25 pm by wmccall »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2005, 01:27:31 pm »
Now I feel left out that he didn't PM me? :-/ :'(

<and I'm so unbiased when it comes to JA our lil puddin head> ;)

Steve

I got PM'd. I guess he only messaged those who he felt were knowledgeable. ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2005, 01:29:28 pm »
I got PM'd. I guess he only messaged those who he felt were knowledgeable. ;)

:o

Don't make me come over there... :P

BTW...I think Drewstar and JA are one in the same. They both spell intellgiently the same way! :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:31:15 pm by Steve »

shabba34

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2005, 01:35:43 pm »

:o

Don't make me come over there... :P

BTW...I think Drewstar and JA are one in the same. They both spell intellgiently the same way! :D
 Not the wrong spelling, it just has a little ebonic flare. ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2005, 01:41:36 pm »

Thanks Steve  :P That's worse than the time someone accused me of being an Aritc Spa salesman.

Some off you need to get your tinfoil hat resized. IT's starting to constrict the flow of blood to your brain.

I mentioned this in a post a few days ago, but then it was about Thermospas. Everyone knocks them but when you ask why, there is very little Technical discusion, just flaming.  I'd think our comunity here would be better served if we had H***  spa customers here as well as Thermospa customers, if not for anything else but to serve as a warning to others and to get thier veiwpoints.

I've gone through Flimflams site and it's not specific on the technoligy he uses and exactly what and why his spas are better. I simpley asked can anyone speak from a point of knoweldge? Can someone educate us, rather than sink to Flimflam man's level?

Buller? Buller? Buller?

What is differnt about the H* spa?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:44:24 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2005, 01:54:10 pm »

The biggest difference is the person who sells them. He provides little to no service which has been a problem (sure he gives you a piece of paper that says it has a warranty but good luck on that one). If you want info on what its like to be one of his customers you can PM me as I still have all the files from the website a few of his customers had going for a while to chronicle how poorly he treated them. Furthermore, his spas are not ETL or UL rated. On top of that he sells a Phoenix clone for about 20% more than the Phoenix version. Its the old Marketing strategy that if I say its super duper and charge up the ying-yang for it some people will believe that its the greatest when its just a Phoenix spa with a nice new bow on it.

If not for the lack of service, non ETL listing and the outlandish prices he gets for a mid-level spa brand there is nothing wrong with his spas other than the fact you're supporting The Spa Deceptionist.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2005, 01:55:22 pm »
Thanks. thats a statment a reader can use.

Does anyone know about the "specail" insualtion method? What is it? Spray paint? A thermal blanket?   Also, i get the impression that there are venting fans in the cabinet?
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2005, 01:55:31 pm »

Nice. Real nice.

You know both Dick and I asked what the specifics about why the **** tub is inferior. Christ. I've yet to read one post where someone who knows what they are talking about intellgiently discuss feature A to Feature B and discet the misconceptions and talk about the product.

It's not just you Spatech, it's others too.

But if you read some of these response, some of you sound just as bad as far as "slamming the competetion than others".

Anyone have info on the tub itself and how it compares to other tubs?

Its not that the tubs are inferior ....its that they are simply not so superior as he touts them and certainly no deal at close to 12 grand with no local service .... Phoenix spas are known as a small manufacture who makes a middle of the road product ....when priced accordingly they are OK if they work for you

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2005, 01:57:57 pm »

I think the biggest criticism I have heard is that he takes a Pheonix hot tub and then makes (what he feels to be) improvements on the design.  There are a few problems with this ( my opinion only):

1. This voids the ETL listing of the hot tub.
2. The hand-made modifications are not quality controlled.
3. The original spa manufacturer won't service the tub because of the modifications.
4. It is hard to get the guy to service the tub because he is one guy.

These problems have led to customers creating web sites detailing very bad warranty and construction-quality experiences with this type of tub.

Additionally, the person's character is often brought into question because (my opinion only):

1. He heavily moderates his own boards to weed out all but strawman arguments.
2. He (potentially illegally) lists his spas as ETL listed.
3. He has had financial problems in the past.
4. His posts regarding electrical or engineering standards are often incorrect and/or filled with pseudo-science.
5. The markup of his spas ($12k??) over what he pays for them ($5k??)does not seem to be in line with amount of effort/expense he puts into updating the spas (he charges $7k for tinfoil)

Since he is the person overseeing the re-engineering of the tub and servicing the tub questions of his character, knowledge, and emotional stability are part of the equation, just as dealer selection is part of the equation.

As to the specific modifications he makes to the spa, I'm sure others can get into the specifics. It's been a while since I visited his site and all I remember is that he wraps something around the inside of the tub to reflect heat back.

-Ed
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:59:36 pm by ebirrane »

txwillie

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2005, 01:58:44 pm »
what I find so entertaining each time one of these threads starts is how totally and completely this guy controls you guys (when I say "you guys" I mean the regulars that will post and post and post again saying the same thing over and over and over again) I can somewhat understand dealers getting involved, but I see consumers getting caught up in the aguements as well. ANY post that mentions ***** spas goes to 5 pages or more in just a day or 2. Why do you let him do this to you? Think of it as the 180 of "build it and they will come" Drop and and it will die......

Think about it this way. All but the totally uninitiated know who/what ***** spas are, even if the actual name is camoflaged, but I'll bet you a nickel his hit-o-meter gets pegged based on all the attention "you guys" give him here

tx out
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 02:08:39 pm by txwillie »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2005, 01:58:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42