What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: ***** Spas  (Read 76672 times)

Soakin

Re: ***** Spas
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 12:11:22 am »
...I think we  need to assume he's open to getting a 3rd party opinion.
Still think so??  :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 12:11:22 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 08:14:13 am »
Is it because he may be telling the truth. I know truth hurts in many industries. Tale autos forinstance. I have spoken to several customers around the country and in Phoenix they seem to love his spas...I dont get it.

Dick
SemperFi

Talk to him, read his messages on his own forum.  Napolean and Don Quixote come to mind.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 08:16:02 am »
Still think so??  :P

I would like to be recognized for giving it a chance. I get yelled at for pulling the trigger too quick, or too slow.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 08:23:24 am »
Is it because he may be telling the truth. I know truth hurts in many industries. Tale autos forinstance. I have spoken to several customers around the country and in Phoenix they seem to love his spas...I dont get it.

Dick
SemperFi

Sure the truth hurts.  It hurts "Dr. Evil" most of all.  MOST consumers, when they get information away from his sales trap of a web site, see thru him, and when they know the "Truth" stay away.  
At best he snags the occasional conspiracy theorist.  
They thrive on his sort of bull.
The "Truth" is that his products are mediocre at best, overpriced, offer no local support, and and at worst are unlisted by any independent testing agency.  The ONLY way he can snag customers is by convincing them that everything out there is crap, but his.    
Some people buy into his conspiracy theory, and it snags him the occasional sale.  
Brewman
Brewman

fatman

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 09:08:58 am »

Dick
SemperFi

Dick, On the first page of this thread I asked if JA would be willing to fly to where you live in order to perform warranty work. This wasn't intended to be a sarcastic remark. I really would like to know if he would take a flight, possibly have to rent a car, buy meals, hotel/motel, etc. in order to warranty your hot tub. Could you please call him and ask him if he would go through this for you? I am very curious about this.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 09:16:40 am »
When I fist was looking for a new spa, I've vistied this dealer's site and read what he has to say.  At first blush, for someone new to buying a spa,  the presentation is interesting.  However on closer examination, I became a bit susupiscious, mostly because of the negative comments on other sites about him. I never went as far as to get pricing, warrenty info or get an in-depth sales presentation.

I will say that I am very interested in hearing intelligent, discussions on what the short commings of the spa are, as well as more info on what makes his tub so "exclusive".  

Having a bunch of folks chime in and just mock him doesn't help  a new shopper very much.
07 Caldera Geneva

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 09:24:50 am »
$11,000 for a spa you cant see or touch from a guy who lives across the country is enough info to keep me away.  You can pretty much get the top of the line of any major manufacturer from a local dealer with major manufacturer backing for $11,000 and be able to see it and wet test it.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 10:09:33 am »
Almost $12000 for  a tub?  This is the same shell that sells under a different name for half that? Even if this majical spa did everything it claimed, there's no way it would be worth that. (unless it comes fillled with hookers, then well yea, cool tub).

Shop around before you spend $12000 on ANY tub.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 11:27:02 am »
Is it because he may be telling the truth. I know truth hurts in many industries.

Dick
SemperFi

Dick,
No, actually its because he's a habitual liar and his actions hurt the industry. Now that you know how we feel take it and do with it what you like but please don't waste our time any further. You'll either heed the obvious warnings or you'll drink the kool-aid and quite possibly will be kicking yourself in the future for not listening to those who know who he really is. A marine is "always faithful" to the corps which he knows to be true but their is no truth to what that man has to offer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 11:44:59 am »
I would hope that even JA wouldn't stoop so low as to use the armed forces signature to gain sympathetic replies on this or any other board. >:(

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 11:54:26 am »
Dick, On the first page of this thread I asked if JA would be willing to fly to where you live in order to perform warranty work. This wasn't intended to be a sarcastic remark. I really would like to know if he would take a flight, possibly have to rent a car, buy meals, hotel/motel, etc. in order to warranty your hot tub. Could you please call him and ask him if he would go through this for you? I am very curious about this.

More likely he'll offer to send you a part to install yourself.  Failing that, perhaps it's the yellow pages for the least expensive handyman he can find to send out.
Once upon a time he claimed to have a huge network of spa repair techs standing by to cover the whole USA, but when I asked him who'd serve my area, it was told to mind my own business.  Funny, but my spa dealer isn't ashamed to name their repair people.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 12:09:39 pm »

You'll either heed the obvious warnings or you'll drink the kool-aid and quite possibly will be kicking yourself in the future for not listening

Until Mr Bodyaches is proven otherwise, he is a potential customer asking questions.  But given the history involved its natural for people to be suspicious of people who come in here this way. As far as history, I've only been around 2 years and I'm amazed at what I have seen. In my time as moderator I've developed a feel for JA's  modis operandi. (I had to look that up to impress you guys)  I've called him on it so I suspect he will be modifying that "MO" so we don't recognize him as easily.

Rest assured people I'm keeping an eye on this to see if we are being "had".  But for now its been a pleasant diversion.  And to Mr Bodyaches, you may be insulted to have your intregrity questionsed, and rightfully so. But given JA's history, it can't be avoided.  I hope you will get passed that and keep us informed no matter what you do.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:13:44 pm by wmccall »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 12:19:20 pm »
Yet another example of how JA is his own worst enemy.
His habbit of posting under numerous aliases has created an environment that make it impossible to know if the originator of this thread is legitimate, or just another alias.  

Bodyaches- If you are still following this thread, please enlighten me as to why you think many of the spas you looked are are crap, and what these secrets are that the spa dealers are keeping from us.  You refused to answer these questions in the PM you sent me.  You made some pretty general accusations, how about specifics to back them up?
Brewman
Brewman

shabba34

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2005, 12:21:59 pm »
Bodyaches- If you are still following this thread, please enlighten me as to why you think many of the spas you looked are are crap, and what these secrets are that the spa dealers are keeping from us.  You refused to answer these questions in the PM you sent me.  You made some pretty general accusations, how about specifics to back them up?
Brewman
 Similar PM to me as well.  Starting to smell a little more Flim Flammish.

txwillie

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2005, 12:25:26 pm »
he even PM'd me. What the heck is THAT about? Still wondering who he is?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2005, 12:25:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42