What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 97731 times)

Anoroc

Re: Am I unreasonable?- Will HotSprings come thru
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 03:39:59 pm »
Update:  Watkins has determined that my jetsetter is not a lemon.  They beleive that the spa sat at dealer storage since quarter 1 of last year and because it was wrapped and due to humidity that is the cause for the corrosion to the Control board and Control Panel.

They also said that some Jesetters have had diverter valve problems but they can be repaired.

Conclusion- They are sending me back to the dealer.  I let Watkins know I am unhappy with service and they said they will be speaking to the dealer about this latter today.

I am still going to see what I can work out directly through the dealer for a replacement arrangement.

Watkins beleives that once my diverter valve issues are taken care of that I really shouldn't have any more problems.

Even New Update:  RSM  called me back and says he talked to dealership owners and they will try to put together some options for me and get back to me on Friday.  He could not tell me what they were at this time but he said he will call and let me know.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 03:49:04 pm by anaroc »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 03:39:59 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:04 pm »

The "Customer Service" squad is now in your area.
Mario is the one in front.  Goodbye, my friend. :'(

PS  I'm passed out drunk and having to be carried.

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:03:01 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 04:06:58 pm »
Lets see, the control panel was ruined by humidity because the tub was in storage?  Since they were quick to diagnose that issue, that would indicate that they have established a shelf life for spas in storage. Yet they sold it to you without checking for that problem first. And they know  that they have a problem with faulty diverters but have waited  until a customer reaches the point of frustration to fix it? Good thing the spa industry doesn't answer to the FDA.. Sorry but I think they should be a bit more accomodating and I would have asked for a three way to call with the dealer to be sure they understood what Watkins said, and what you expected.  :-/ I know these things can be fixed but no one needs this much aggrivation...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 04:14:39 pm »
I agree with Bonibelle.  I'm sure they're trying their best to help you, but I'd be upset, too, if I were in your shoes. >:(

Terminator

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 04:38:09 pm »
A spa's control panel can't take some humidity - HA HA HA. I guess they test their spas with sand. I guess that a HS spa has to be in an environment of say 25% relative humidity ... HMMMM!

They put out a product with a known problem and shrug their shoulders about it, their dealer drags their feet to fix it and they're thinking about what to do ... HMMMM!

I think they're starting to drink their own kool aide.

I'm sorry that you are going through this Anoroc , I sincerely hope that they do the right thing for you and everything becomes easier for you!

NO disrespect to any of you HS sales and service people and owners but I will say I'M GLAD I DIDN'T BUY A HS! HS is NOT the company it once was - it is a Costco spa!!!

Maybe JA is right after all about HS!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 04:45:58 pm »
Let's get real.  They say they think the issue of corrosion was because spa sat in DEALER's warehouse for 6 months.  If true, how is that the fault of the manufacturer.  These things are designed to be used in backyard environments, from Calgary to Phoenix, not to be stored in warehouses.  For anyone without any data/facts, to pretend to know whether quality is better or worse than it used to be is absurd.

Anoroc has gotten communication going at a higher level than the dealer.  He has Peggy in customer service and Mario, RSM, working on the situation.  Absurd it has gotten this far.  Hope it can all be resolved.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

shabba34

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 04:48:01 pm »
Maybe I skipped over it, but I didn't recall Anorocs' service issues including the control panel.  And as far as what the factory said about the humidity blah blah blah...I warehouse in Florida and have never had an issue with wrapped spas no matter 1 month or 3 years old.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2006, 05:03:34 pm »
Let's get real.  They say they think the issue of corrosion was because spa sat in DEALER's warehouse for 6 months.  If true, how is that the fault of the manufacturer.  These things are designed to be used in backyard environments, from Calgary to Phoenix, not to be stored in warehouses.  For anyone without any data/facts, to pretend to know whether quality is better or worse than it used to be is absurd.

Anoroc has gotten communication going at a higher level than the dealer.  He has Peggy in customer service and Mario, RSM, working on the situation.  Absurd it has gotten this far.  Hope it can all be resolved.

I agree that it is absurd that it has gotten this far ... it should NEVER have. >:(  The manufacturer makes spas that have control boards that get bad in humidity ... NJ gets 80% to 100% humidity in the summer - I think that's pretty high!

My question is - where's the GREAT HS customer service that is touted?  ??? ??? Obviously a HS is only as good as the dealer ... doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling ... could buy any spa for that matter.

Anoroc

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 05:13:20 pm »
Maybe I skipped over it, but I didn't recall Anorocs' service issues including the control panel.  And as far as what the factory said about the humidity blah blah blah...I warehouse in Florida and have never had an issue with wrapped spas no matter 1 month or 3 years old.  

My original post stated control board.  The customer service lady confirmed it was a control board and control panel.  I confused the terms as I am not familiar with the components of the hot tub.

Anoroc

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 05:17:11 pm »
At this point I can only hope that the local dealer comes through with something viable.

Mario said he would call me on Friday with some "options".  I don't know what that can possibly mean.  

I will say this much, Mario has been more involved in my issues than the local dealer.  

Can someone tell me how to post a pic.  I want to show you something.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:18:01 pm by anaroc »

shabba34

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2006, 05:17:29 pm »

My original post stated control board.  The customer service lady confirmed it was a control board and control panel.  I confused the terms as I am not familiar with the components of the hot tub.
I went back and read the original post.  Thanks for the clarification.  

Anoroc

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2006, 05:19:40 pm »
Can someone tell me how to post a pic?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2006, 05:25:44 pm »
Lets all be real here. I think what happened is that the comment about the board and it being stored in a warehouse is way out of line and I would guess it was made by someone who was grasping for an excuse. I think the bottom line is the dealer dropped the ball and did not follow up with Anoroc.....The reason for my earlier post about this was that a bad board or a diverter valve does mean a poorly built spa......But the service here is whats lacking any maker can and will have parts that fail it is common reality of everything that is produced....but you find the problem and fix it....I think if your list of problems continues to grow and they are not resolved in a timely fashion than you will than have a more real chance about getting your spa replaced. For your sake I wish your dealer had taken better care of you before.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:27:59 pm by Mendocino101 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »
Can someone tell me how to post a pic?

Go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.

Follow the directions to download the pic.  Once the pic is downloaded, copy and paste the code from the bottom option below the pic.  That's it! :)

Terminator

Anoroc

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »
"http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/anaroc/IMG_0183.jpg"

If someone can figure out how to correct this picture link above it demonstrates my dealers attempt to fix my valves.  Two of the three valves in this picture have been replaced.   Please notice that in the shut-off position all the valves now face different directions.

When it was working fine the shut off position looked like the valve on the right.

You would think that after four weeks and three visits that when they fixed it they would do it right.  This was done just yesterday so I took this picture and dropped it off at the dealer and asked them to fix it right.

I guess it's minor but for me nothing is a  minor issue anymore.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:34:09 pm by anaroc »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42