What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 97471 times)

Anoroc

Re: Am I unreasonable or What?- What would you do?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 07:47:21 am »
Update as of yesterday evening.  Sales rep had not received and answer from her boss who was waiting on an answer from the factory of HS.

sales rep said would also contact HS regional rep (or something like this) and get him involoved because her boss was going on vacatiion.

She said she would try to have an answer for me in the next couple of days.

That's all folks...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 07:47:21 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006, 08:53:35 am »
If a dealer sells a spa with multiple problems (a rarity but occassional reality from HS) why should he have to eat it?  

We sell these products, we do not manufacture them.  Anoroc should be requesting satisfaction from Hot Spring in MHO.

However, Hot Spring wants the dealer to be the middleman in the process.

My advice is document everything and e-mail customer service at Hot Spring.  Keep communication channels open with the dealer.  Tell them you want to work with them to find a solution.  Maybe keep the tub and get an extended warranty.

How big is your dealer?  Do they stock parts?  Your stories about how long it takes to resolve issues would concern me.

Wow.

Now maybe this is written from a dealer to other dealers viewpoint, or I missed somehting in the thread, but from a customer standpoint, I would have snapped if my dealer  shuffled me off to the manufactuer.  WTF?  Anaorc's tub is 6 mo old.   I'd be ripped ten times to sunday if my dealer said "Go talk to hotsprings...I didn't make the tub."

I see taking care of the customer as the dealers resposibility.   No "Ifs  - Ands-  or Buts" about it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:00:57 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2006, 09:56:30 am »
Anoroc, I hope you are getting names, first and last of the people you are talking to. I also hope you are writing letters and documenting this whole mess. You may well find that the sales rep hasn't pressed the issue and Hot Springs has no clue about your problems.
At this point I would be writing letters complete with photos of the diverter problems. Write a detailed letter with dates and how your calls were received and addressed and clearly state what YOU expect at this point. If you think you should have a new tub, say that.
They will continue to blow you off if you don't stand firm. I am sure the "boss" has a cell phone, get that number..don't deal with your sales guy any longer, talk to the owner of your dealership...tell him you are writing a letter to Hot Springs and will copy him and that you had hoped to resolve it at the dealer level but obviously they don't have time to help you. I bet you wouldn't be getting this run around if you bought your tub from someone like Term...I believe he would take care of this. Obvioulsy your dealer is a looser!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 11:07:29 am »
CALL HS IMMEDIATELY AND TALK TO SOMEONE IN CHARGE THERE - DO NOT WAIT ANOTHER SECOND - BE PISSED BUT NICE AND GET WHAT [glb]YOU[/glb] WANT - DO NOT LEAVE IT UP TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

That's my opinion!!

Anoroc

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2006, 11:25:38 am »
CALL HS IMMEDIATELY AND TALK TO SOMEONE IN CHARGE THERE - DO NOT WAIT ANOTHER SECOND - BE PISSED BUT NICE AND GET WHAT [glb]YOU[/glb] WANT - DO NOT LEAVE IT UP TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

That's my opinion!!

It's pretty hard to go against my individual personality.  I tend to give the benefit of the doubt.  

I just called my service dealer and requested and received the phone number to the HotStprings RSM.  I let the dealer know that I am documenting all conversation on paper and I will also use this forum as documentation as well.  I did not tell them that part.

I will plan on calling the RSM directly to see if I can get some helpl with this problem.

Anoroc

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 11:30:49 am »
Called Mario the RSM and left messge to call me back left my cell number.  I will let you know how it goes.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 11:47:49 am »

Wow.

Now maybe this is written from a dealer to other dealers viewpoint, or I missed somehting in the thread, but from a customer standpoint, I would have snapped if my dealer Êshuffled me off to the manufactuer. ÊWTF? ÊAnaorc's tub is 6 mo old. Ê I'd be ripped ten times to sunday if my dealer said "Go talk to hotsprings...I didn't make the tub."

I see taking care of the customer as the dealers resposibility. Ê No "Ifs Ê- Ands- Êor Buts" about it.

You misunderstood me.  I did not say taking care of customer is not the dealer's responsibility.  However, if the resolution is going to be as extreme as replacing a $5000.00 tub, that is beyond the dealer.  Repairing under warranty is dealer's responsibilty.  It is the dealer's job to make sure their is a resolution.  Once demand is for new tub, it is beyond dealer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 11:55:58 am »
Called Mario the RSM and left messge to call me back left my cell number.  I will let you know how it goes.

Mario's a good man.  He'll do a good job for you.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Anoroc

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2006, 12:10:41 pm »
Update:  spoke to RSM for HotSprings and explained situation.  

He says he wants until Friday to research issues and speak to appropriate people and he will call me back.

Says they will take care of me one way or another.

I will keep you posted.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2006, 12:13:09 pm »

You misunderstood me.  I did not say taking care of customer is not the dealer's responsibility.  However, if the resolution is going to be as extreme as replacing a $5000.00 tub, that is beyond the dealer.  Repairing under warranty is dealer's responsibilty.  It is the dealer's job to make sure their is a resolution.  Once demand is for new tub, it is beyond dealer.

For the most part I understand what you ment. The tub is the manufacturers resposibility, but I'd still expect the dealer to be "assisting" me.  
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2006, 12:14:25 pm »
Update:  spoke to RSM for HotSprings and explained situation.

Now they know where you live.

He says he wants until Friday to research issues and speak to appropriate people and he will call me back.

Stalling for time to assemble hit team, create cover stories, plant evidence, etc.

Says they will take care of me one way or another.

You better believe it.  Tell your family you love them.

I'm not kidding.  And don't try to run, you'll only die tired.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2006, 12:41:05 pm »
Just voted my Proxy for MASCO, one atypical question was about axing spa manufacturing...mmmm

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 04:36:16 pm »
For the most part I understand what you ment. The tub is the manufacturers resposibility, but I'd still expect the dealer to be "assisting" me. Ê

Absolutely!  Dealer should be assisting, advocating, rattling cages.  That's what I do when I have to.

Now that Term has promised Mario will take care of it we can all relax.  After all, Term is a gun totin' fool.
;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Anoroc

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 06:16:30 pm »
Spoke with Peg of customer service at Watkins:

She asked me some questions and let me know that she would look into the history of the Jetsetter and get back to me within 24-  hours.

She also said that she cannot make the dealer take the spa back.  I let her know that I felt it could be done with a little pressure from Watkins and then between the two of them they could work out the details.

I will wait to hear back!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Am I unreasonable?- Will HotSprings come thru
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 10:18:38 pm »
That's good, now you are getting someplace. Maybe they can resolve the issues and you won't really need to get a new spa. I think if the dealer had been more responsive to start with, you probably wouldn't be asking for a new tub. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Am I unreasonable?- Will HotSprings come thru
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 10:18:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42