What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2010 HotSpring Vanguard  (Read 12221 times)

rrgmrg

2010 HotSpring Vanguard
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:41:57 am »
I wet-tested a Vanguard and was impressed.  I like the new integrated Ace salt system, cool-down seat, jets, no-bypass filtration, controller, and over-all quality.  Most importantly I liked the dealer who has been in business over 20 years.  Am also considering a Jaccuzzi J-365 which I have not yet tested.

One concern I have with the Vanguard is the work required to clean 5 filters.  How bad is it, how often do they have to be cleaned ?  Any comments on that or overall thoughts on the Vanguard and Jacuzzi J-365 would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Hot Tub Forum

2010 HotSpring Vanguard
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:41:57 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: 2010 HotSpring Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:45:07 pm »
The Vanguard is a great spa. Especially with the re-design that happened last year. Cleaning 5 filters will be more work than cleaning 1 but I think the benefits outweigh the little extra labor involved. You could always try to get the dealer to upgrade you to the Tri-X filters that can be cleaned in your dishwasher if you can.  ;)

I suggest wet testing the Jacuzzi to see which fits you better. IMHO you wont go wrong with either of the spas you mentioned.  :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:34:09 am »
Five definitely takes longer, but I've never really thought it takes too long.  I usually just use the instant cleaner.  I spray on the cleaner then rinse off. 

There are wands that attach to the end of a hose that help in cleaning cartridge filters.  This makes the process go much quicker.  I've also found that since I have five filters, my filter cycle tends to be longer - more time between cleanings.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

rrgmrg

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:00:38 am »
Thanks for the replies.  Vanguard, how often do you find yourself cleaning all five filters ?

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:32:03 pm »
Well, I should say every month, but that doesn't happen.  I'll have to say that maybe every three months.  Typically, I'll clean the circ pump filter and then rotate it.  From there, when they start looking dirty, I'll clean all of them, rotating them.  I number them so I can keep them straight.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »
both spas you are looking at have very good reputations. you said you  wet testing the Hot Springs, are you going to wet test the Jacuzzi, it might be a good idea to see how it  fits . comparing the 2, yes the hot springs have to clean 5 filters versus 2 also remember when it is time to replace the filters the cost involved....just something to think about
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

rrgmrg

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:55:18 am »
Wet testing Jacuzzi this weekend. May go back and try the Hotspring Aria as well.  Not crazy about a lounger but I am a cyclist and need good calf jets.  Cleaning the filters monthly is not so bad.  I thought it has to be weekly.  Good tip to upgrade to the dishwasher safe filters. This forum has been so helpful.

Randy

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:26:13 am »
Wet testing Jacuzzi this weekend. May go back and try the Hotspring Aria as well.  Not crazy about a lounger but I am a cyclist and need good calf jets.  Cleaning the filters monthly is not so bad.  I thought it has to be weekly.  Good tip to upgrade to the dishwasher safe filters. This forum has been so helpful.

Randy

For comparison reasons, its always best to wet test them both on the same day if possible, or same weekend at least.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rrgmrg

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 11:56:01 pm »
Good point.  I assume you have the Vanguard.  Are you happy with it ?  Jets strong enough ?  Thanks

rrgmrg

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:42:45 am »
Went with the 2010 Vanguard, espresso and pearl.  $8300 out the door with pneumatic assist cover, ACE salt system and upgraded Tri-X filters.  Deciding factors for me were the dealer longevity, cool down seat, ACE salt system and controller with built-in, electronic chemical level indicator. The dealer is also going to store the tub until the landscaping project is ready.

This forum was extremely helpful, thanks all who contributed.

Randy

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 01:10:47 pm »
With the cover lift and ACE system you got a really good price.  :D

Congratulations! Post some pics when you get it all set up.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 03:39:35 pm »
congratulations on your purchase
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 01:05:10 am »
Holy Crap!!  You got a great deal on that.  Congrats. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 01:47:40 pm »
Ditto.  Great deal.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

dark rider

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 09:27:39 pm »
Congrats, that is a great deal!  My HotSpring dealer was close, but not that low.  Did that have any steps with it?  I ended up getting the Grandee in the Pearl/Espresso finish, ACE, Uprite, Everwood Steps, booster seat, startup salt/chems, and delivery/installation for $10,395.  Still several weeks out from delivery and growing more anxious by the day!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 09:27:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42