What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Football  (Read 17249 times)

In Canada eh

Football
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:06:29 pm »
Boni,

Whats up with your Eagles signing Mike Vick :P.  I know the animal lover in you must be ready to switch teams

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 13, 2009 8:32 PM ET
The speculation is over. 

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Thursday night on air that Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.

To paraphrase the fearless leader of PFT: Wow.

The deal was first reported, as best we can tell, by Dan Sileo of WDAE in Tampa.  Buzz had been building about a possible deal with the Eagles for about an hour all over the internet before Mort came on the hour.

The destination is surprising on a number of levels.

First, there were multiple media reports that the Eagles weren't interested, including one by Mort himself.  Our own Tom Curran had an Eagles source tell him as recently as Tuesday that the team wasn't interested in Vick. 

But as Mr. Florio pointed out numerous times, Philadelphia's statements and whispers before the Vick signing are the least of their concerns now.

They have a fanbase and a certain sensitive starting quarterback to address

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:09:06 pm by In Canada eh »
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

Football
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:06:29 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Football
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:05:13 pm »
Wow .. thought you were kidding me. :o..To be honest, I am done with the Eagles for many reasons but mostly for how they treated Brian Dawkins..So hope the team goes to the dogs..I won't be watching the Eagles..Maybe Vick can mentor to Andy's kids and they can find more facinating illegal things besides drugs to get into...Wow that was nasty...I just can't get over how these low life jerks always seem to come out on top with pockets full of cash and have kids actually look up to them... >:(..Lookin for a new team...I'm thinkin' Baltimore  ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:52:15 am »
vick should have went to the Bengals, they could have one fan section just for all the parole officers.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:38:04 am »
What Vick did was despicable BUT he served his time. I actually don't even see the justice of suspending him for the first few games this year (unless it’s for the reason that he lied to the commissioner) because IMO he already in essence served a 2 yr suspension when he was in jail.

It’s not like a pedophile where you can say they are too big of a risk to reoffend and everyone has a legit reason to not want them in their community. The man served his time (rightfully of course) and should be allowed back into society with a chance to begin his life again and his profession.  I just don't understand the logic of the double jeopardy.

BTW, I currently have 4 dogs, 2 cats, a lizard and have owned almost every domesticated animal around at one time or another (I'll have to go home to see what others critters have shown up without me knowing in the last couple days). I grew up on a farm and from that have a long history of not being able to harm anything (mostly due to the fact my forced job as a kid was to help slaughter the farm animals, kind of my own Silence of the Lambs story) and would want to strangle someone for doing what he did. I was glad to see him get caught for what is a grossly inhumane act but think he has done his time.

I applaud the Eagles for not cowering to people who think Vick should be exiled to Mars.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:15:48 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:26 pm »
I largely agree with you S2.  I hope he keeps his nose clean, his possey empty, and donates 10% of his salary to the ASPCA.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 06:15:55 pm »

I applaud the Eagles for not cowering to people who think Vick should be exiled to Mars.

Spatech,

The man led and funded a organised crime ring.

Professional athletes become role models for children all over the world whether they like it or deserve it.  What message did the NFL send to the kids that follow their game.

There is no way he should be allowed to play a single down in the NFL ever again.  Playing a professional sport is a privilege and in my opinion Mike Vick should be forever stripped of that privilege
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:17:26 pm by In Canada eh »
Bullfrog 451

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 06:52:25 pm »
Spatech,

The man led and funded a organised crime ring.

Professional athletes become role models for children all over the world whether they like it or deserve it.  What message did the NFL send to the kids that follow their game.

There is no way he should be allowed to play a single down in the NFL ever again.  Playing a professional sport is a privilege and in my opinion Mike Vick should be forever stripped of that privilege

..and he was justly punished for by a US court and served his time.

We will have to totally disagree on this one.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 09:39:28 pm »
I didn't like Vick even before his illegal activity was uncovered. He was a cocky jerk..and to see him pander to the media with a well rehearsed sob story about how he is reformed..oh well..it's almost funny!! Yeah people can change, and everyone deserves a second chance, but these guys are supposed to be role models...so have a second chance doing something else (like cleaning kennels)!

So what next..will the Browns be waiting for Donte to do his time???..or maybe the EAgles will take him back..?  Guess he will do his 18 months and return to his multi million dollar job..and claim to support MADD???  >:(

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:27 pm »

..and he was justly punished for by a US court and served his time.

We will have to totally disagree on this one.

I understand your point, believe me I do.  If he was returning to a job building houses or working on the line at GM then I would OK, good for him, he deserves a second chance, but.  This is the NFL, the number one spectator sport in North America,  its players are role models for kids.

Mike Vick had his chance and he blew it, all he had to do was to fly on the straight and narrow for the 10 years he was in the NFL and then he would never have to work another day in his life.  He choose different
Bullfrog 451

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 11:17:10 pm »

I understand your point, believe me I do.  If he was returning to a job building houses or working on the line at GM then I would OK, good for him, he deserves a second chance, but.  This is the NFL, the number one spectator sport in North America,  its players are role models for kids.

Mike Vick had his chance and he blew it, all he had to do was to fly on the straight and narrow for the 10 years he was in the NFL and then he would never have to work another day in his life.  He choose different

and I understand what you're saying but I totally disagree with it. To each his own.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 11:28:47 pm »
Yeah Spatech...he isnt' playing on your team...er..(ex team).

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 11:34:48 pm »
Yeah Spatech...he isnt' playing on your team...er..(ex team).

It wouldn't bother me if he was on my team actually since he did his time. I'll still root for Philly as one of my secondary teams since they have McNabb, a Syracuse alum.

In Canada eh

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 01:16:32 pm »

It wouldn't bother me if he was on my team actually since he did his time.

Spatech

I respect your opinion but I do have to ask if you would be OK if your son came home wearing a Vick jersey?
Bullfrog 451

96SC

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 02:00:13 pm »
I'm with you Spatech, however, I am not going to get involved in this verbal 'tennis match'. Like someone said, 'we'll agree to disagree'.
The terms fan and role model seemed to have morphed into the same.  When I was a kid near Chicago, a tremendous White Sox fan, especially Nellie Fox. He was a very hard player, very consistant and from what I recall an excellent team mate....I was a fan.  However, you rarely saw him without a huge wad of tobacco in his cheek.  That wasn't the role I wanted to follow.  He wasn't my role model. 
This can go for Vick also: hate the man for what he did to those dogs.  Don't hate the very talented player.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 03:50:21 pm »

Spatech

I respect your opinion but I do have to ask if you would be OK if your son came home wearing a Vick jersey?

I never said I was part of his fan club, I just am against double jeopardy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 03:50:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42