What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Now for something completly different??  (Read 24202 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Now for something completly different??
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 09:43:43 am »
I think some folks around here need to get a sense of humor.  ;D

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:44:02 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 09:43:43 am »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2008, 10:18:48 am »
I think some folks around here need to get a sense of humor.  ;D
Common Sense & good humor is what life is all about.
Oh then there is that other thing. You know what Curly said on City Slickers

Scott  ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2008, 10:29:51 am »
"For Pete's Sake, [glow]Grow the Fudge Up [/glow]Term and DO UNTO OTHERS AND YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO YOU. (boy, and I haven't even been to church in years, my bad).  That type of behavior is a real turn-off for people looking to buy a tub.  I would NEVER want to look at HotSprings now, even if they wanted to GIVE me one. >:("

That's a mature stance.  ::)

I think the event sounds like a good idea, but I see Term's point that if you have an 'agreement' about pricing it'll stink of a fix.  I imagine what you're referring to is a gentleman's agreement that no one drop their pants just to try to sell more tubs; but if you all know each other there shouldn't be any of that going on in the first place.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2008, 10:34:20 am »
[glow]That's a mature stance[/glow].  ::)[/glow]
I think the event sounds like a good idea, but I see Term's point that if you have an 'agreement' about pricing it'll stink of a fix.  I imagine what you're referring to is a gentleman's agreement that no one drop their pants just to try to sell more tubs; but if you all know each other there shouldn't be any of that going on in the first place.

This, apparently said, since you are one of the HS guys.  Maybe one of the respectable ones, but SOME others (insert here) bring the humble Joes' out there trying to make a decent living DOWN.    Good luck, there, clownshoes, and stay humble.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:35:05 am by wewannahottub »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2008, 12:21:12 pm »
Since this thread is going to soon be in "dead horse" section, I'd like to make a
[size=24]PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]:

I have received PM's from many of you telling different sides of the story.  This being said, I-----
--realize that I am a newcomer within the past few months to the forum and don't KNOW the WHOLE story.

--formulated my opinions based on what I have seen since then.

--apologize if any of you feel attacked.  By me, or anyone else, (sorry drewstar, esp.--you did show your chivalrous and adult side ;))

and I will STFU and continue on my own spa search, help others when and where I can, laugh when it is appropriate, and let things, be what they are, a dead horse.

Chrisi===mom, nurse, defender of the little guy and happy to ignore all the comments made back and forth.

Good luck to the newbies ;)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2008, 12:30:53 pm »
I think it would really generate alot more excitement at the multi vendor
Spa Tent Sale if an ultimate fighting ring was added to the tent
and the public could watch grown men from different spa makers beat
the snot out of each other. In this corner we have Hot Spring and in this
corner we have Thermospa!
  ;)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:31:49 pm by Zep »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2008, 03:24:40 pm »
Geez Thermospa....go down on a knee or something before you get killed! ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2008, 08:01:37 am »
LOL... so JJ didn't actually SAY that Hot Springs is an overpriced hunk of plastic...  ::)

:D  What was the line from the old movie where the politican tells the press

"Now, now, I didn't call my opponent’s wife 'a diseased ridden tramp', I simply pointed out the large number of men she had casual sex with for money."

;D ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

wewannahottub

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 12:45:13 pm »
http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11601

Having read other posts about Mr J. A. I thought some of you might find this interesting. ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 01:16:53 pm »
The man has had some serious issues for a great many years without proper meds (maybe you can help?? ). He'll lie to you openly by telling you he's an engineer and then preach a passage from the Bible in the next sentence against people that lie... :-? WHACK JOB!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2008, 02:56:48 pm »
I don't venture to that website, but have heard others speak of him here,  was he ever a poster here???

Just an update on our battle of the brands.   The Sundance dealer is hot to trot, we did hear from the HS dealer but he has not gotten back to us as of yet.   In his defense he did just open a brand new store last month, the way sale's have been he may just hold off or he's been to busy getting the store going and just hasn't had time.  

Either way sales/traffic are pretty sporadic for everyone around here.  :'(  Hey the sun just popped out for a brief moment!!  :D   DOH, now its gone.  >:(

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »
I don't know if this will help or hurt - but I do hope it will help. This is a general statement, not aimed at any one person.

I have met a few of the folks who have been mentioned in negative terms in this post. I can tell you that they are fine people. I think that the problem here stems from the fact that so many of us have become familiar with each other's posting style and sense of humor. But that means that we tend to feel 'at home' and get goofy now and then, and most of us know it is tongue-in-cheek while others get their feelings hurt and/or feel the need to come to the defense of those who were the brunt of the humor. That is both noble and heroic in my way of thinking, and I do not want to make any of you feel bad over any of it.

Personally, I like any kind of attention, so you can aim it at me if you like. I'll even put my wife on the computer to give you some extra material if you need. Rich, deep caverns of material exist, I assure you, and you don't even have to use PhotoShop to make me look strange in a picture. I like what I sell - big boxes of relaxing, hot water. I don't claim my brand is the best tub on the planet, though I might imply that from time to time,  ;D ;D ;D but I do think it's a fine product that you could be proud to own.

Frankly, after all these years on these boards I have been called just about everything a human mind can think up, and a lot of things normal folks would never even dream of nor imagine. I'm still alive, still proud of my kids, best friends with my wife, active in my church and involved in our community. I have never been taken to court, I have a clean driving record, I don't owe the IRS nor do I have any judgments against me from family members, neighbors or former employees. These boards are an outlet for me to help folks, not a place I come to get my identity.

As I said at the top - I don't know if that helps, but I hope it does. Keep perspective, keep smiling, and assume humor is at the base of all posts, you'll do well.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2008, 09:49:40 pm »
Jim,

Battle of the brands sounds like a great idea and I'm glad to hear it is coming together.  Sure would be fun to attend even though we already bought a tub.

Good luck,
Fred

wewannahottub

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2008, 12:49:22 am »
I don't know if this will help or hurt - but I do hope it will help. This is a general statement, not aimed at any one person.

I have met a few of the folks who have been mentioned in negative terms in this post. I can tell you that they are fine people. I think that the problem here stems from the fact that so many of us have become familiar with each other's posting style and sense of humor. But that means that we tend to feel 'at home' and get goofy now and then, and most of us know it is tongue-in-cheek while others get their feelings hurt and/or feel the need to come to the defense of those who were the brunt of the humor. That is both noble and heroic in my way of thinking, and I do not want to make any of you feel bad over any of it.

Personally, I like any kind of attention, so you can aim it at me if you like. I'll even put my wife on the computer to give you some extra material if you need. Rich, deep caverns of material exist, I assure you, and you don't even have to use PhotoShop to make me look strange in a picture. I like what I sell - big boxes of relaxing, hot water. I don't claim my brand is the best tub on the planet, though I might imply that from time to time,  ;D ;D ;D but I do think it's a fine product that you could be proud to own.

Frankly, after all these years on these boards I have been called just about everything a human mind can think up, and a lot of things normal folks would never even dream of nor imagine. I'm still alive, still proud of my kids, best friends with my wife, active in my church and involved in our community. I have never been taken to court, I have a clean driving record, I don't owe the IRS nor do I have any judgments against me from family members, neighbors or former employees. These boards are an outlet for me to help folks, not a place I come to get my identity.

As I said at the top - I don't know if that helps, but I hope it does. Keep perspective, keep smiling, and assume humor is at the base of all posts, you'll do well.

8-)

Chas,

Very well stated.  I am sure I over-reacted, but sometimes my gut instinct flares up.  I have never tolerated abuse (just using the term for lack of shorter/better words) by others and I have long felt some on the forum are often the brunt of jokes, and both have been helpful to me on my search.  Everyone here has been helpful, even Chris, though I seem tp have come down on him quite harshly, and again, apologize for angry comments I made, though I still defend my desire to have defended WB and GA.  I, for one, came to the forum seeking guidance.  I will say, you always seem to be very fair.  SO, all, I apologize once more about my outbursts and will let it go.
Stay humble, all.  

Chrisi.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:04 am »
Just for the record......

After reading your post, I extracted a 1991 Perdoma Churchill out of the humidor, went outside and sat in the sun on this glorious East Texas Saturday and did some serious ponderin' <colloquialism> on your statement for an hour or so.

Whilst enjoyin' <colloquialism> the slight breeze and still reveling in the tingling of my loins <dramatic irony> from the HotSpring Aria I had just graciously bestowed upon another thrilled <dramatic irony> customer, I thunk some deep thoughts <colloquialism imbedded in irony> about the "whole MSRP thing" and why it is simply another brilliant idea regurgitated from the depths of my inner machinations <self-deprecation>.  And I am pleased to share it with you....

You see, in spite of the serious tone one would expect from a business as vital to mankind as selling hot tubs for a profit <sarcasm>, I was able to remind myself (through no small effort, believe me you <self-deprecation and jocularity>) that the MSRP is an ignis fatuus <feigned pompousness> benchmark by which a manufacturer places inherent value upon the products they produce.  Some companies place a higher value than others do and the unitiated public is generally not privy to the actual cost of these products due to the sensitivity of this information to the parties involved.  One can employ reasonable deductive facilities to make an educated guess and thereby reach a somewhat plausible determination of the value of said products, in this instance portable spas.

I pondered and postulated and damn near flagellated myself <self deprecation and jocularity> over your proposed event and the ensuing response, all the while neglecting the full enjoyment of my rapidly dwindling hand-rolled companion <jocularity>.  Sez I to myself and no other "If good ol' JJ truly wants to have a democratically governed spalapalooza with his friends, then what better format than to sell the spas upon their inherent value as determined by the respective manufacturers?"

As always, I found myself easily amazed at myself as I closed my eyes and ears and MIND <overt and intentional self-deprecation and dramatic irony> and envisioned your post from some time ago "I just tell customers that HotSprings are overpriced hunks of plastic" or some semblance thereof written in a not-too-bygone era.  If that be so, then sell thine products by their MSRP and pit your skills of high-end hydrotherapy pontification against your brethren in a battle to justify the differences betwixt the products based upon their known "value".  I'd give a good dollar or two to enjoy the spectacle that would unfold!

Only in this fashion can true democracy flourish throughout the spa industry....or, at least in ya'lls proposed spa extravaganza <lampoon>.

Term    

Anyways...it was supposed to be exhorbinantly tounge in cheek and somewhat humorous and thought-provoking, which I reckon it weren't to all. <colloquialism>.

:)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:55:34 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42