What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Now for something completly different??  (Read 24166 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Now for something completly different??
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 07:31:16 pm »

Actually, we as a country are not a democracy. We are a Representative Republic.

Yes, democracy is misused as it relates to our government.  I only used it in the sense of the spalapalooza.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 07:31:16 pm »

Spiderman

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 11:44:58 pm »

As always, I found myself easily amazed at myself as I closed my eyes and ears and mind and envisioned your post from some time ago "I just tell customers that HotSprings are overpriced hunks of plastic" or some semblance thereof written in a not-too-bygone era.  If that be so, then sell thine products by their MSRP and pit your skills of high-end hydrotherapy pontification against your brethren in a battle to justify the differences betwixt the products based upon their known "value".  I'd give a good dollar or two to enjoy the spectacle that would unfold!

Only in this fashion can true democracy flourish throught the spa industry....or, at least in ya'lls proposed spa extravaganza.

Term    

Seems like a fair and honest way  8-)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Vanguard

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 10:43:45 pm »
I don't Term thinks it is, not sure why?      I should add in my defense, when I said as Chris so eloquently stated, that I tell customers that hot springs are nothing but over priced hunks of plastic.  Its true I said that here in a drunken stupor.  It is not how I sell nor what I tell customers.  ::)  Should I have had said that no, so I apologize for that even though it was awhile ago it must have stuck in his craw something fierce.

Like said I hope the HS boys want to do it!!   Dont know if we will do MSRP  SUGGESTED retail or what, we have not talked about that, but I am sure we as in us, hs and the sd dealer come up with something.

Just don't talk about prices with your competitors too much.  You don't need to start getting accused of price fixing or collusion or anything illegal like that.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 10:47:48 pm »

Just don't talk about prices with your competitors too much.  You don't need to start getting accused of price fixing or collusion or anything illegal like that.  
Speaking of price fixing, did you ever notice how gasoline is always within pennies at all stations in any given town.  Hmmmmm
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 10:54:42 pm »
Just curious where this shootout will take place? Sounds like fun. Is the local Marquis guy invited?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 01:04:02 am »

BINGO!  And exactly why I suggested going by the MSRP to begin with.

Set up a Jacuzzi J-480 that has an MSRP of $15,410

Set up a HotSpring Grandee that has an MSRP of $11,095

Set up a Sundance Maxxus (I assume it's probably north of $15,410 since it is the same company as Jacuzzi and I primarily hear people concur that Sundance is considered the premium brand of the two)

This format would prevent any accusations of price fixing as well as allowing each salesperson to sell their respective products based strictly on the spas themselves.

That is the only honorable way to proceed.

Term
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:26:22 am by East_TX_Spa »

Spiderman

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 07:41:04 am »

BINGO!  And exactly why I suggested going by the MSRP to begin with.

Set up a Jacuzzi J-480 that has an MSRP of $15,410

Set up a HotSpring Grandee that has an MSRP of $11,095

Let's keep it fair.  The HotSpring Vista has a lounger so let's substitute it for the Grandee.  The Vista has a MSRP of $11,195  8-)

HotSpring Vista - $11,195

J-480  -  $15,410
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:48:21 am by Spiderman »
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Summitman

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 08:01:03 am »
Personally,

Just looking at the picture their is no comparison.  The Jacuzzi's therapy looks much more beneficial, the jets wont cause you to itch(not to small in size), and the seats look more comfortable.  

Even with the extra money it would be a no brainer to me.

IMO

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 10:48:10 am »
Everytime I see a picture of the J-480 I think I wish I could have fit one on my spa pad but at 94X94 it was 3 inches too wide for my application. I can't wait for my fully optioned J-470 to arrive which only cost me $10,400. Nice pictures.

Thanks,
Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 11:11:46 am »
Personally,

Just looking at the picture their is no comparison.  

I thought we try to advise that spa shoppers should wet test and not try to draw conclusions from pictures (and jet counts, fake Hp ratings, fancy marketing terms, etc.)?  ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 12:48:38 pm »

I thought we try to advise that spa shoppers should wet test and not try to draw conclusions from pictures (and jet counts, fake Hp ratings, fancy marketing terms, etc.)?  ;)

Exactly!  What feels like great therapy to some, may not to others. I sell both Jacuzzi and Coleman side by side in my store.  It's our experience that after wet testing both brands approx. 8 out of 10 people will pick a Coleman over a Jacuzzi for the comfort of the seats and the feel of the jets.  However if we're up hard against the local Sundance dealer we find it very easy to sell Jacuzzi over Sundance.  IMO I feel Jacuzzi is the flagship line over Sundance...

Summitman

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »

Pictures can tell you a lot sometimes.  I would still advise wet testing both to make sure.  Just offering my opinion that the Jacuzzi looks much more inviting to me, since others are throwing their opinions out.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:54:58 pm by waylon33 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 01:19:46 pm »
Just offering my opinion that the Jacuzzi looks much more inviting to me, since others are throwing their opinions out.  

You're the one who started making comparisons between the spas based upon appearances. ;D

The rest of us are trying to help Jim get his spalapalooza going in an ethical fashion with some good feedback like he requested.

Are you sure you're posting in the right thread? :-?

Term

Summitman

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 01:32:10 pm »
Im sorry, none of your posts had any sarcasm in them.  How could I assume that!  Im sure that your whole goal in this thread is to help out Jacuzzi Jim, why would I think any different!   Why are we posting pics of spas with MSRP's if we arent to judge which is better???

By the way since the No-Bypass filtratioin is so good, having the show in Topeka wont hurt anything cause the HS spas will filter out all that all the stinch from pigs and cornfields.  Although for that to work, my local HS dealer would have to agree to put his spas side by side with ours, which typically doesnt work out to well for him.  

:D

I also think this is a great idea for any market to have a local event where people can come to one location to look at all the spas offered locally

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 01:33:29 pm »
After wet testing the J-480 I picked the J-470 (same tub without lounger) because of the nice relaxing jets and looks. The raised waterfalls made it possible to sit under the falls and have one over each shoulder while the jets worked your lower back.

If I had wanted the Tim Allen tub it would have been the Coast Radiance that I wet tested. The jets when turned all the way up would push you out of the seats and pounded you like hamburger.

Moral of the story: There are different tubs for different people. After wet testing we all find the tub that fits our budget and feels best when we sit in them.

Funny I never pay attention to MSRP on cars or anything else for that matter. I have also never heard such a big deal being made about MSRP until this forum. I find that Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, and Sundance were all within $500 of each other when I priced them out, so the market seems to have set the price fixing in our area.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 01:33:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42