What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 53323 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2008, 12:06:32 am »
Swell!! You're Back!!
CHris :) :)
In between chores today I would check in and saw your numbers climb. So did you get out and try any spa's today?

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2008, 12:06:32 am »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Tax Write Off?
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2008, 12:13:05 am »
A salesman told me that if you get a doctor to write a prescription for a hot tub that you can write it off your taxes. If a doctor thought it was therapy for a bad knee or arthritis then it would be the same thing as physical therapy. If that is true I was thinking maybe health insurance would pay for part of it. Has anyone heard of this or is this another salesman tale....

Scott  :-?

I did a search and found that this is true if the spa is for one person. If the spa is for 4-6 people then the IRS will not allow it.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2008, 12:13:18 am »
No, we just yapped about it alot.  DId get the garage started on, though...but not much else.  

Now, we are back to thinking of adding Dimension 1 Lotus Bay into the mix.

as of now the list includes--
Arctic Tundra
Lotus bay
Jacuzzi j470
Dynasty caspian 55 or Titan 5000
and hubby I think still wants to look at artesian.  3 hour trip (but my son goes to PSU where they are located--a nice ride) but the aftercare is a concern.

You guys do any more talking about it??  I probably need to take a break for this Hot Spring, i mean, Tub Forum ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

Chrisi

The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2008, 12:14:56 am »

I did a search and found that this is true if the spa is for one person. If the spa is for 4-6 people then the IRS will not allow it.

FIgures.  Maybe my whole family will develop bad knees.

Maybe the folks on this forum have spas for that reason--from all the knee-cap bashing that goes on (in friendly terms!!!!)

wewannahottub

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2008, 12:18:11 am »
After thinking about it, what if the tub a person wants and needs is a Swim spa that can hold a lot of people?? Do they take that into account??

Doubt it. :(

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2008, 02:57:59 am »
A salesman told me that if you get a doctor to write a prescription for a hot tub that you can write it off your taxes. If a doctor thought it was therapy for a bad knee or arthritis then it would be the same thing as physical therapy. If that is true I was thinking maybe health insurance would pay for part of it. Has anyone heard of this or is this another salesman tale....

Scott  :-?

It's true.  I have two herniated discs in my neck (among other injuries) and my doc just wrote me the rx.  My insurance won't cover it, but my accountant said it's a no-brainer for a write-off.
Mike

IL Parrothead

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2008, 02:59:20 am »

My accountant told me he has taken them as a write-off on multiple clients -- even the larger ones.
Mike

IL Parrothead

« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2008, 03:00:42 am »
Not to mention, you have the argument on these modern tubs that each seat has a different therapy function.
Mike

Kawwboy

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2008, 08:31:13 am »
The trouble of it is. You loose a big % right off the bat, like 75%. So it does not amount to much considering your basic medical deduct.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2008, 02:57:58 pm »
That's is what we heard, about the Pulse.  We need a bigger tub, too.  BUt the only disappointment was the 3 year warranty, a selling point for us.

BTW, Chas, I see you sell Calderas.

We like the Naigara of all the tubs made, but we want a stereo, and the Ni. is not in the A.M. series.  Things may have changed since we went to our Caldera dealer in Feb.  Thanks for the input.

Chrisi :)

You can add a stereo to the Niagara - Aquatic Melodies® Wireless Spa Music System
http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/accessories_spa_music.html

:)
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

wewannahottub

« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2008, 03:04:29 pm »
thanks merlin---one of the other posters here did hook me up with that link.

I wonder, though, if that would be available (since it is aftermarket, per our dealer) for those with a spa already, or for anyone off the street to purchase??? ::)

thanks-----

WWHT

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2008, 03:14:18 pm »
From what i know it is compatible with 4th quarter and newer Caldera models. Yes even if you bought it without the stereo you can add it at anytime which is nice.

btw Terminator how are your Didgeridoo skills coming along?
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

BubbaGump

« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2008, 06:12:26 pm »

Alas, 'tis but a stub of it's former glory... :'(

Termite (and don't call me Joe Namath!)

How bout "Broadway Joe?" ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2008, 06:12:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42