What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 53500 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2008, 11:58:42 am »
So what questions should I ask the Sundance dealer tonight when I wet test the Maxxum.

He claims that only Sundance has non moving jets and that reduces repairs. He also showed his fragrance module in the air blower. He said Sundance is the best built with the least amount of repairs in the spa business. Remember he is a salesman...
Scott  ;)

Anyone who uses the term "best" in their sales presentation is full of it but it’s so common I'd just yawn when I see/hear the word. Every time anyone says "best" just substitute it in your mind "best, in my opinion" or "one of the best" or maybe even something like "excellent".

As far as the jets having less repair issues due to the design that's just a spin and who knows, maybe there is some merit to it but I'd worry more what they feel like. Jet issues can occur; there was an issue with one of the jet manufacturers a while back with chemicals causing jet failures due to the plastic failing but that was not relevant to whether it had moving parts or not. The plastic was the issue and any jet would have failed in that case. Other than that jet failures aren't much of an issue and I'd concentrate more on what the jets feel like (is he also claiming that the fact there are not moving parts makes the jet feel best too?).

It’s just salesmanship. Don't knock him for it but also don't let it sway you too much.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:00:34 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2008, 11:58:42 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2008, 01:24:10 pm »
 Okay  I am on the soap box now.  Hot Springs is a big hunk of?  Chit thats my other soap box ;D  Kidding of course!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Sundances big stories is how they have bearing less jets which they have only had for a few years. The local dealer I use to work for, always used it against Jacuzzi,  I knew when a customer had been looking at Sundance, as they would start off with?  So do your jets have bearings in them?  ::)   Well 99% of the spas out there use jets with bearings, this is the first year Jacuzzi does not, and its actually a really nice jet, that being said the original jet felt pretty good as well, and the bearings were never an issue, it was the little tabs that hold the jet in that would fail, which Jacuzzi took care of last year no more tabs.  ;)

That is one thing to be said for major manufacturers, they find/see a problem and fix it, Jacuzzi had a jet problem they fixed it, Hotsprings had auxiliary control problems I am sure it has been resolved? Sundance had a major filter problem, its a neat system but when the filter clogged it collapsed from the suction of the circ pump, I believe it has been resolved.

As a consumer not knowing what I know now, I would be torn on what spa to buy, their are so many nice ones that offer different things.  Try researching LCDvsPLasma tvs sometime.  Its almost worse than buying a spa!!

Fact is, we can do all the bashing till were blue in the face, but I as every dealer does on this site is tell you people looking, GO WET TEST you decide what works for you regardless of what we believe its up to you to make a decision!  Don't sweat the small stuff, every spa is nice with different features, Now if your spending 9000.00 on a costco spa you are an idiot, if you spend 4000.00 on a costco spa with 100 jets fancy lighting stereo and built in BBQ, you will probably be happy with it, just don't expect  it to run or be taken care of like a major manufactured spa would be by a reputable dealer.

Okay I am stepping off the box now,  next!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2008, 02:19:04 pm »
wewannahottub--

2 points:

1.  You can get a stereo on any Caldera.  In Hot Spring we call it Moonlight.  Not sure what Caldera calls it.  It uses the Icast system.

2.  As was pointed out in another thread, warranty has cost.  If one spa is $8000 w/ 3 year warranty and another is $10000 w/ 5 year warranty and all other things being equal, you would have $2000 saved which you could apply to repairs as needed down the road.

Good luck with your search.

Hot Springs and Caldera, as I understand, are cousins made by Watkins.  As good as both are, I haven't been to the HS dealer yet.  Maybe soon :-/  But, having looked on the website, I haven't gone all googly-eyed (yet) over jet placement.  I know I don't want a lounger.

As far as the warranty--I am terrible at saving $$$. :-[  So, if it is offered now, I often bite.  But, Arctic makes a great spa and I am googly eyed :o over the Tundra, whether or not SE or Extreme (w/ a 5 yr warranty).   Hubby is still googly eyed over the Art. Piper Glen.   But, our minds are not closed yet.  

BTW, we were googly-eyed over the Limelight, except for the lounger.  

WWHT [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]--it's raining here in Pgh
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2008, 02:21:38 pm »
So what questions should I ask the Sundance dealer tonight when I wet test the Maxxum.

Scott  ;)

You could ask him if He knows if Ben Roethlisberger really did buy one!!!   HEE HEEE ;D

wewannahottub

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2008, 02:39:58 pm »
Hi all!!  wewannahottub here!!  Just reviewing my original post, and , just to reassure you all,

NO ONE has tried to pressure me, certainly not here.

THe only pressure I felt was with the Clearwater dealer.  But I didn't bite.  And, none of the dealers I visited really did either.  OUr Clearwater salesperson was, if anything, too uneducated on anything but what they sell, fine, since there is so much out there.  Our Pool City guy was just too much of a BS'r to be able to breathe, let alone talk smack on anyone else.  

Interestingly, I just received a message from Artesian, and our Caldera/Coleman dealer is listed.  (funny it didn't give us that name on dealer locator? :-?)  So, we have alot of shopping to do, but we need a day off to do some more checking.  

Again, I will keep you all posted as the drama unfolds. ;)

Swell-Tub--good luck on your Maxxus wet test today.  Make them let you wet test what you really want, though.  Can't the dealer just transfer the water??

TTYL--

WWHT :) ;) [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2008, 05:22:27 pm »
So for all you owners / buyers.
What is the wildest story a spa salesman has told you?
For me it must be the spa water for women issue.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »
So for all you owners / buyers.
What is the wildest story a spa salesman has told you?
For me it must be the spa water for women issue.

During a wet test, I assured a customer "Either your brains, or your signature, will be on that contract."

It was an offer he couldn't refuse.

Terminator

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2008, 01:56:40 am »
WWHT, just curious -- Why do you sign each post w/ your initials?  We see the post is from you, over to the left?  I just got a chuckle out of it -- sorry.   ;)
Mike

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2008, 08:16:13 am »
WWHT, just curious -- Why do you sign each post w/ your initials?  We see the post is from you, over to the left?  I just got a chuckle out of it -- sorry.   ;)
Maybe the same reason Terminator signs his post or I sign my post with Scott. It is an e-mail format that you get use to doing I think....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2008, 08:48:03 am »

Hey all--just got home from a 12 hour night shift.  I'll be going to take a nap soon.  BUt couldn't resist.  

I sign WWHT  or Chrisi (my name)--WWHT shortened for wewannahottub--too much to type, I know,  why did I pick that name??  I dunno.  It fits.

WWHT---hey I'd sign with a nurse smiley  if the forum had one!!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2008, 07:18:48 am »
BTW, we were googly-eyed over the Limelight, except for the lounger.  

You shouldn't have much of a wait for the next Limelight spa to come out - they will have three altogether - only the Flair has a lounger. There will be two more without.

The Pulse and another one - one larger than the Flair and one smaller.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wewannahottub

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2008, 09:24:33 am »
That's is what we heard, about the Pulse.  We need a bigger tub, too.  BUt the only disappointment was the 3 year warranty, a selling point for us.

BTW, Chas, I see you sell Calderas.

We like the Naigara of all the tubs made, but we want a stereo, and the Ni. is not in the A.M. series.  Things may have changed since we went to our Caldera dealer in Feb.  Thanks for the input.

Chrisi :)

wewannahottub

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2008, 12:14:42 pm »
BTW, all,  I think Swell Tub has posted some questions about the Sundance Optima, but I have seen no one really talk about it.  Are there any SUndance reps that can answer/discuss the Optima vs Maxxus---I only seem to see customers.  Since, this is a hot tub forum, not just HS, JQZ, Caldera, Arctic forum.  ANy thoughts out there???
WWHT

if I hit a nerve out there--my bad--but I bet this will get the pot stirring again :o!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:15:43 pm by wewannahottub »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Tax Write Off?
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2008, 11:52:24 pm »
A salesman told me that if you get a doctor to write a prescription for a hot tub that you can write it off your taxes. If a doctor thought it was therapy for a bad knee or arthritis then it would be the same thing as physical therapy. If that is true I was thinking maybe health insurance would pay for part of it. Has anyone heard of this or is this another salesman tale....

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2008, 12:00:02 am »
Swell!! You're Back!!

Hey, being the nurse on this forum, I suppose I should know, but I don't.  Maybe since I haven't asked.  I won't ask the Pulmonologists I know (lung docs) since they talk about "spa lung"...  Not to worry you hypochondriacs--I think he really means ones always indoors.  I will ask.

I suppose if you have been doctoring for arthritis or a bad knee/hip or have had them replaced--it is worth a try.  

My mother even had adaptive equipment on her Viking to get in and out. (I just don't remember if she had a prescription)

C U L8r!!

CHris :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2008, 12:00:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42