What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 53686 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2008, 06:41:04 pm »
No...if he ACTUALLY told you that, he is a lying goomer.

Terminator
ACTUALLY he did tell me this and was very firm about it. He also told me that only his spa cleaned the water to a high enough level that was safe for ladies. And he said he had been in the spa business for 10 years selling the same brand.

Scott  :o
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2008, 06:41:04 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2008, 06:49:39 pm »
Now I had a local spa salesman (Major Brand) tell me that most spa's warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on because the first time your water gets out of whack and you have a warranty issue they will void the warranty and blame the owner for abuse. He said only his spa company will not void a warranty over wrong chemical balances in the water. Now I know this was a salesman and all but is this true?

If your salesperson said "most spa's warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on" he's exaggerating. Sure, there have been running jokes for a handful of manufacturers that you'll void the warranty if you fill them with water. Just stick with the major manufacturers who have good reputations for service and that won't be an issue. Its not just what is written in the warranty but also the manufacturer's willingness to back the terms of that warranty, to varying degrees most do well but some do not.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:52:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2008, 06:58:23 pm »
Yea he got my wife so worried about the clean water thing that she was afraid to do anymore wet testing because she thought she might get something. He was referring to women's lower plumbing being exposed to unclean water. I asked him about men and he said it wasn't as big of an issue for men.

Scott  :-[
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2008, 07:02:28 pm »
ACTUALLY he did tell me this and was very firm about it. He also told me that only his spa cleaned the water to a high enough level that was safe for ladies. And he said he had been in the spa business for 10 years selling the same brand.

Thats gotta be the best one I have heard yet.  He's a ultra maroon.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2008, 07:03:15 pm »
BTW, I have been spa hunting since November and I have heard some really interesting things. At first I was amazed then I started to figure out that some salesman just talk too long and need filler material. If they would just stay on material about their spas and not stray to much they would stay out of trouble. It's kind of like politics when politicians start slinging mud instead of telling us what they will do to make things better.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »
Yea he got my wife so worried about the clean water thing that she was afraid to do anymore wet testing because she thought she might get something. He was referring to women's lower plumbing being exposed to unclean water. I asked him about men and he said it wasn't as big of an issue for men.

Scott  :-[

Hey all!!

Gotta get on my soapbox since I am the nurse and all.  First of all, parts is parts.  DIrty water is dirty water.  Yes, if your woman is wearing a diaper and not cleaning herself well, it is easier than men  for infections to set in due to the closer proximity of openings.  However, for anyone sitting in a hot tub, or any other activity in the netherlands, my best advice is pee afterwards.  Helps wash any bacteria out.  Who would go swimming in the cesspool and not come out dirty?? :o

WWHT   ::)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:26 pm »
These salesmen should be hung by their nards... >:( I guess when education, knowledge and facts are in short supply, there's always those bs stories that can persuade your prospective buyer into buying something other than a spa... great approach! ::)

Many years ago, a local dealer (well known brand) would spend 95% of their presentation talking leaks. We always knew who had been there first prior to coming into our store when their very first question was. "what happens if your spa leaks"?

My response was always; "If you are considering buying a product that may cause you all this grief and anxiety and if spas really do leak like they say, may I suggest a big screen TV or a leather couch instead?"

Negative selling.... for those who have no sales skills...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:57:57 am by Steve »

Pathfinder

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2008, 10:22:31 pm »
Steve, I still hear that line every so often.  So it hasnt really stopped but the line about wasp and hornet nests have. ;D

Water Boy

« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2008, 11:12:29 pm »
These salesmen should be hung by their nards... >:( I guess when education, knowledge and facts are in short supply, there's always those bs stories that can persuade your prospective buyer into buying something other than a spa... great approach! ::)

Kind of like all these salesmen all over this forum huh?? This place is full of nothing but negativity. I can only imagine what Chrisi, the person that started this thread is thinking right now. It's pretty sad that when she comes on here for advice, and when advice is given by some, it turns into some twisted slanted thread. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I can't believe the bashing that goes on around here, I really can't. If you guys talk like this on this board, I am sure you do that in your stores as well, and that is a shame. No wonder Swell tub hasn’t found a tub or store he is comfortable with yet. He must be talking to salesmen like you guys. It's you guys that are scaring the people into buying other things.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2008, 11:19:03 pm »

Kind of like all these salesmen all over this forum huh?? This place is full of nothing but negativity. I can only imagine what Chrisi, the person that started this thread is thinking right now. It's pretty sad that when she comes on here for advice, and when advice is given by some, it turns into some twisted slanted thread. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I can't believe the bashing that goes on around here, I really can't. If you guys talk like this on this board, I am sure you do that in your stores as well, and that is a shame. No wonder Swell tub hasn’t found a tub or store he is comfortable with yet. He must be talking to salesmen like you guys. It's you guys that are scaring the people into buying other things.

I guess I am blind.  I don't see much negativity here...except about negativity. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wewannahottub

« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2008, 11:27:40 pm »

Thanks Ed!!

Actually, I have been finding it humorous, and being a Newbie, I actually got an ego boost that my thread became a hot topic.  Aside from all that, since I didn't really know you all bashed each other's kneecaps on a regular basis.  Kinda like sitting back and watching 2 old women dicker over who has nicer bananas.  Being a woman, it is refreshing to see men get catty, too [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]!!  
But i do appreciate sticking up for me--chivalry isn't dead--and it has, in a skewed way, been educational.  I can understand everyone feels passionate about their brands!

But, since I started this by bashing a dealer/salesperson, I will again say I have also met wonderful dealers and salespeople.  For one, our Arctic/Dynasty sellers have been awesome.  As well as the Caldera/Coleman guy.  Caldera, in our opinion, just didn't have quite what we wanted jet-wise, and their selections on options (stereo in only 2 spas) didn't leave us much to pick from.

So, it still leaves us some options--and the fact that LSE's have such a kickin' warranty makes it seem worth it==I am waiting to hear from my Arctic dealer.  I'd love to see it in person  [smiley=bath.gif], and hopefully you aren't a recovering alcoholic--'cus here's a beer for you! [smiley=beer.gif] LOL

Thanks again, Ed, and everyone else.  This has become my stress relief (til I get a spa, that is!!)

Chrisi :-*

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2008, 11:51:14 pm »
This place is full of nothing but negativity. I can only imagine what Chrisi, the person that started this thread is thinking right now. It's pretty sad that when she comes on here for advice, and when advice is given by some, it turns into some twisted slanted thread. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I can't believe the bashing that goes on around here, I really can't. If you guys talk like this on this board, I am sure you do that in your stores as well, and that is a shame. No wonder Swell tub hasn’t found a tub or store he is comfortable with yet. He must be talking to salesmen like you guys. It's you guys that are scaring the people into buying other things.

After going back and perusing the thread, this seems to be the point where the discussion got a bit "heated"....Page 3:

Keep in mind that their is multiple reason that spa is 5k and not 10k.  If its a 10k spa they would sell it for 10k.  3yr warranty being one.

Some folks may have interpreted it as a sleight towards the new Limelight Hot Tubs.  I saw it simply as a member having his information confused, which happens sometimes, even to me!  I don't think it was intentionally hostile and he quickly apologized, but in a roundabout way it was very revealing in regards to the other hot topic of the day.

I just haven't seen any bashing, except me goofing off on Jacuzzi Jim...which he deserves! :D

Term
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:00:57 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2008, 11:56:03 pm »
Requirements for this forum:    1. sense of humor    2. thick skin     3.  get over yourself already

"Growing older but not up..."

wewannahottub

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2008, 11:58:20 pm »
Requirements for this forum:    1. sense of humor    2. thick skin     3.  get over yourself already

Good to know--should apply to everything in life!  I thought wet testing was the requirement for the forum, though! ;D
WWHT

wewannahottub

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2008, 12:01:51 am »

After going back and perusing the thread, this seems to be the point where the thread got a bit "heated"....Page 3:

Some folks may have interpreted it as a sleight towards the new Limelight Hot Tubs.  I saw it as simply as a member having his information confused, which happens sometimes.  I don't think it was intentionally hostile and he quickly apologized, but in a roundabout way it was very revealing in regards to the other hot topic of the day.

I just haven't seen any bashing, except me goofing off on Jacuzzi Jim...which he deserves! :D

Term

When you started showing me pix of the Limelight, I was star-struck.  But as the debates went on, and as well as calling the local dealer, it was then noted that the warranty would be much less (3 years to be specific).  That would be my one turn-off on the spa, sad to say.

So, all-in-all--it was still educational.  And, I have said it before, everyone feels passionate about their spa.  You wouldn't sell it otherwise!

WWHT

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2008, 12:01:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42