What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 53325 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Salesperson issues...
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:45:57 pm »
 :-?Ok,  I know I am truly a newbie, but I feel the need to share my story about my experiences thus far with salespeople on our quest for "the hot tub".  

I know you experienced folk are going to groan  :P :'( about my Clearwater Orlando stoies.  Yes, it was I who recently asked "Is >$13,500 too much...", and I appreciate the responses.  My hubby and I had pretty much written it off, and on Saturday 2:15 in the afternoon, received a call from the same Clearwater gal.  Well, they will throw in the stereo and subwoofer, free, plus a $600 discount off of the base spa price of $12,199.  (Tax and all with accessories--$12,296 delivered.)  We started to think.  But, I was hard at work in my local community hospital where I am and ICU nurse.  It was a full moon weekend...it's true.  Not leaving us much time to think, because for us to get the "home show price" that was NOW being offered (as we had originally requested but had been denied), we would have to decide and let her know FIRST THING MONDAY!!  That meant one day, Easter Sunday, to mull over the cost and options.  Again, I worked a 12+ hour shift.  Monday came, and hubster and I had to work again.  A message was left, but we wern't here---so when I got home, I called.  Well, we were essentially "too late" and would now not be able to get the stereo for "free".  (we are talking $900).  No deal.  I said I would call back, but doubt I will.

Anyhoo, we are still entertaining the thought of a Dynasty Caspian 55, as it has some options I like, but the dealer, a different one, is ordering one in colors I like "no strings attached" for us to wet test.   ::)  The local "big box" store salesman that sells Cal and Sundance and Viking would  crack you all up--too long of an already long story.  None of the spas fit us, anyway.  

By far, the Caldera salesman was top notch.  That store, as well as the Dynasty/Arctic dealer, are well ranked in th BBB.  Caldera-guy was VERY knowledgable.  We also became interested in a D1 Amore Bay, the seats were PERFECT and salesman OK, but we don't like the lack of optional seats--the "barrier free" seat we didn't care for. :-/

Still thinking about an Artesian Piper Glen, looks great on the website-but the dealer is 80 miles away, and hubster called and they rarely sell the PG as it is a deeply rural and mountainous area and the clientele have fewer bucks to spend.  And, at >$3.20 per gallon of gas, I don't know if I want to drive my Dodge up there.

So,...  wewannahottub is still looking in the market and undecided.  We may peek at a PDC dealer in the city. :)

I am sure I will keep you all posted as the drama unfolds :) ;) ;D!!

wewannahottub
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:08:17 am by wmccall »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

Salesperson issues...
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:45:57 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:59:46 pm »
Don't worry about the price.  That dealer will probably call you back again in another month with a NEW, even lower price (and the "free" stereo).  You mentioned BBB.  Did this dealer have something bad about them on the BBB?

Just take your time.  I know that many of the dealers on here aren;t like it but you will find MANY Spa Dealership's that are more like car dealerships than any other business.  Take your time, don't let them pressure you
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wewannahottub

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:06:32 am »
Don't worry about the price.  That dealer will probably call you back again in another month with a NEW, even lower price (and the "free" stereo).  You mentioned BBB.  Did this dealer have something bad about them on the BBB?

Just take your time.  I know that many of the dealers on here aren;t like it but you will find MANY Spa Dealership's that are more like car dealerships than any other business.  Take your time, don't let them pressure you

Thanks--I told the hubby that would happen--ain't sweatin' it yet--and I won't fold for pressure tactics.  This business didn't have a BBB association (couldn't find them on the BBB, so they must not have complaints).  The Caldera dealer we liked is New Wave Spas (Pittsburgh), and the Arctic/Dynasty dealer is Westmoreland Pools and Spas.  Valley Pools is where the Clearwater is,  I have seen them advertise on this forum.  (After I posted this, I clicked the link for PGHspas.com to the left--that is out Clearwater dealer)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:09:13 am by wewannahottub »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:52 am »
BBB is a mixed bag of tricks....I was contacted by them when we first opened and they wanted to list us..I said we have no tract record how could we be listed...they said not to worry just pay the just under $300.00 and all would be good...left me wondering about how much the rating really mattered.....

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:09:47 am »
Hi wewannahottub. Welcome to the forum. I was just curious, you had mentioned in one of your earlier posts that your friend owned a Arctic Spa and loved it. I saw you mention them again. How was your visit to the Arctic dealer? I am a Arctic Dealer in KS, so feel free to ask any questions. Did you get a chance to sit in any of the Arctic’s or wet test them yet? Arctic has many new updates and changes for 2008. I know you had mentioned you wanted bells and whistles at one point, and they definitely offer that. Good luck in your search for a spa!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:16:10 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

wewannahottub

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:29:32 am »
Hi wewannahottub. Welcome to the forum. I was just curious, you had mentioned in one of your earlier posts that your friend owned a Arctic Spa and loved it. I saw you mention them again. How was your visit to the Arctic dealer? I am a Arctic Dealer in KS, so feel free to ask any questions. Did you get a chance to sit in any of the Arctic’s or wet test them yet? Arctic has many new updates and changes for 2008. I know you had mentioned you wanted bells and whistles at one point, and they definitely offer that. Good luck in your search for a spa.

Thanks for asking!!  Our Arctic dealer is the same one that sells the Dynasty we were also looking at.  That dealer by far has been one of the best.  I have been in my friends' spa twice now. She has a Kodiak Legend SE with the Northern Lights, lounger, waterfall...  She has only had issues with the pillows, which the grey coloring has kept coming off.  The dealer has been going out of their way to get things resolved.  The pillows she gave for temp use are older models, and don't fit, and even the pillows that came with it keep coming off.  She also had a couple of the jets come loose--she thinks her son and friends turned them too far.  By far, she loves it.  For me and the hubby, we like more "bling" and grey cabinets--seems Arctic (when we looked on line) only has cedar wood cabinetry.  We are looking to have maintenance free and ones that match our grey siding.  My friend has a lounger, I floated in the Clearwater we wet tested, but not too bad in the Kodiak.  I am just not interested in a lounger, but want the therapy (leg/foot) provided by one.  Maybe I should look again ::) :-/  The same dealer is taking strides to work with us as well.  We just can't decide?? :-/  I don't think I asked the dealer though, do Arctics have a different cabinetry, do they have more LED lighting options (other than 2-3 big lights), can they come with a stereo?  How about a seat with therapy for neck/calves/feet that is not a lounger??

Thanks for your help!!  

(ps--we are in the Pgh area)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:41:44 am »
...do Arctics have a different cabinetry, do they have more LED lighting options (other than 2-3 big lights), can they come with a stereo?  How about a seat with therapy for neck/calves/feet that is not a lounger??

It sounds like you can get the Arctic set up any way you want, just specify to the dealer what you would like and they will upgrade it.  This might be your best route. :)

If you like your current spa stay with it.  but when that spa wears out look at an Arctic Spa.  Remember an Arctic Spa is fully upgradable to pretty much any new widget.  New jets, new stereos, new chemical systems, and more.  So when something new comes out you don't have to buy a new spa.  Again one more Arctic Advantage.  

Termie

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:45:59 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Water Boy

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:49:25 am »
No problem. Arctic Spas don't just offer a cedar cabinet. They have a maintenance free cabinet in a gray color. They offer a gray and a dark gray cabinet. Here is a picture of the light gray:

Also, in the tubs now, you can get a option called the Northern Light Deluxe. They don't use the big lights any more. If you get the Northern Lights Deluxe, it has 5 light lenses, that all use LED lights that have 14 different color settings. It comes standard on a Legend SE if you are looking at one of those. With the head pillows, they are considered a wear and tear item. Sometimes I have seen the gray fade out quicker on some where the pillows are submerged in water all the time. If that is the case, you may tell your friend to take them out when they aren't using it to prevent that, or lower the water a bit so they aren't submerged 24/7. You asked about the jets, and if you do turn them too far they can come out. For 2008, they now use a threaded in jet and it doesn’t not pop out if you turn it too far.  

Glad to help out, and let me know if you have any more questions.     Ed

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:01:41 am »
You might want to consider the new Limelight Flair from your Hot Spring dealer.  Check out the Limelight thread.

Has lights, leg jets, lounge, stereo option and should be a lot less than $10,000.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 11:10:01 am »
Caldera and Arctic are very good choices. Artesian is as well but 80 miles is a hike and you'd have to worry after the sale how responsive they were to service needs (next day? , 3 days ?) and what they would charge to come out (get it in writing if you even think about that).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wewannahottub

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 11:41:02 am »
No problem. Arctic Spas don't just offer a cedar cabinet. They have a maintenance free cabinet in a gray color. They offer a gray and a dark gray cabinet. Here is a picture of the light gray:

Also, in the tubs now, you can get a option called the Northern Light Deluxe. They don't use the big lights any more. If you get the Northern Lights Deluxe, it has 5 light lenses, that all use LED lights that have 14 different color settings. It comes standard on a Legend SE if you are looking at one of those. With the head pillows, they are considered a wear and tear item. Sometimes I have seen the gray fade out quicker on some where the pillows are submerged in water all the time. If that is the case, you may tell your friend to take them out when they aren't using it to prevent that, or lower the water a bit so they aren't submerged 24/7. You asked about the jets, and if you do turn them too far they can come out. For 2008, they now use a threaded in jet and it doesn’t not pop out if you turn it too far.  

Glad to help out, and let me know if you have any more questions.     Ed

Thanx Ed!!, Looks like I may need to re-visit Westmoreland Pools and Spas for the Arctics.  At the time, we got caught up in the bling of the Dynasty, and all we really noticed were the Cedar.  The grey looks nice--though!!!  In the mean time I will scope out the web site again.  ::) :D

wewannahottub

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 11:43:21 am »
You might want to consider the new Limelight Flair from your Hot Spring dealer.  Check out the Limelight thread.

Has lights, leg jets, lounge, stereo option and should be a lot less than $10,000.

I haven't scoped out the Hot Springs yet, though there is a dealer near where I grew up--gets  to a point where I am on "sensory overload" ;D  I will check them out as well.  

wewannahottub

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 12:05:01 pm »
Well, all, me again  ;)

I haven't found the Limelight Flair on the Web site yet.

But, Ed,  The Tundra Legend is BITCHIN' :o  THe grey is nice, too!!  I love the graphite of the HS, but looks like the graphite, black metallic, and desert horizon are cool, too.  Any comments on the stereo system??

Thnx again
Chrisi

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 12:15:20 pm »
Here are some pics of the Limelight Flair, the first model released:

There will be two additional models released shortly.  They are so new that there are no brochures or an operative website yet, but they are on the way.

Unfortunately, I sold mine yesterday before I even got a chance to fill it. :(

Termie
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:15:55 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wewannahottub

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 12:23:33 pm »
Thanx for the pix, Termie!!   Iwasn't interested in a lounge, but it looks pretty cool and very ergonomic.  How's the foot well?  Looks small in the pic, but I know it isn't "real life".  Hubster has size 13 feet.  Keep me posted!!  
Chrisi

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 12:23:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42