What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vanguard Delivered today!  (Read 3063 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
Vanguard Delivered today!
« on: August 05, 2005, 11:33:15 pm »
Ok, finally got my Vanguard delivered and set up today.  It was interesting watching 3 guys muscle this thing up on the deck.  The dealer swapped out my jet filters for the Tri-x variety but only sent 3.. I'll need to go tomorrow and swap the 4th out.  Didn't take too long to fill (2 hoses) and got it runnign and warming up now.  I'm using the "everfresh" chemical system from HotSpring.  The dealer told me to add 2.5 tbl sp of each the MPS and the concentrated chlorinating granules and I'll be good to go.  I'm letting the water get up to temp and sit at least overnight...  Hopefully be tubbing tomorrow!! :D

Hot Tub Forum

Vanguard Delivered today!
« on: August 05, 2005, 11:33:15 pm »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: Vanguard Delivered today!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 05:49:13 am »
Congratulations mxw128!  I hope you enjoy the tub.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 10:55:35 am »
May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water!  I am partial to Vanguards, have had mine almost 2 years and still in love!!!

Enjoy!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

lakeside

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 12:25:35 pm »
i'm so jealous!! lol enjoy your tub i hope i will be soon (enjoying my tub that is). if we ever get through all this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 12:26:51 pm by lakeside »

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 12:32:40 pm »
Ok, finally got my Vanguard delivered and set up today.  It was interesting watching 3 guys muscle this thing up on the deck.  The dealer swapped out my jet filters for the Tri-x variety but only sent 3.. I'll need to go tomorrow and swap the 4th out.  Didn't take too long to fill (2 hoses) and got it runnign and warming up now.  I'm using the "everfresh" chemical system from HotSpring.  The dealer told me to add 2.5 tbl sp of each the MPS and the concentrated chlorinating granules and I'll be good to go.  I'm letting the water get up to temp and sit at least overnight...  Hopefully be tubbing tomorrow!! :D

Congratulations!

You should check your Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness and PH too.

I have a Vanguard and use the fresh water routine too but I stopped using MPS and went with straight Dichlor. Still use the Silver ion cartridge too.

mxw128

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 04:08:29 pm »
Thanks all!

Drober, the test strips the dealer inclluded in the startup kit don't include Calcium hardness, they only test MPS, Alk and PH.  When I asked the dealer he said that we don't have to worry about CA hardness in our area.  Thoughts?  Also, the MPS test showed a "High" reading.  I just need to wait for this to come back down, right?

Thanks again to all for the help and advice throughout the shop and purchase process!!

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 12:26:01 pm »
I use test strips to check my Dichlor reading. I quickly glance at PH and Alkalinity but do not rely on the test strips because I think the color ranges are to close to tell.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Taylor Test Kit.

I have only owned a spa since June and water chemistry is no problem. (It was very confusing at first)

Like any opinion or advice, combine that with your own findings and come up with your answer.

With the Taylor Test Kit you will also be able to test for Calcium Hardness. I highly recommend this. There is no reason not to test. If it’s good then fine but I would want to know for sure.

One last thing, The Taylor Kit is very easy to use and will give you a much better understanding of your water chemistry.

I bought mine from a local pool place.  I think it was the Taylor 2005. About $60.00

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 08:14:31 pm »
Congrats on your new tub mwx! May you always have hot bubbly clean water! Enjoy!!!

mxw128

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 10:42:43 pm »
Thanks for the info!  I'm going to pick up a test kit this week.

On the vanguard there is a main diverter valve for pump #2. It allows two different plumbing circuits to be selected for that pump.  There are basically 2 positions for it (3 and 9 oclock)  Anyone know if it will do any harm to position the valve somewhere in between or does it have to be in the 3 or 9 oclock position only??

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 10:54:10 pm »

On the vanguard there is a main diverter valve for pump #2. It allows two different plumbing circuits to be selected for that pump.  There are basically 2 positions for it (3 and 9 oclock)  Anyone know if it will do any harm to position the valve somewhere in between or does it have to be in the 3 or 9 oclock position only??

Good question. I don't know the answer. Chas and company will provide the best answer to this.

So.... how's the tub? You haven't mentioned how you are enjoying it.

mxw128

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 11:11:58 pm »
So far the tub has been great, Been in more than a couple times the last 2 days.  So far, I've spent more time playing around with the different valves, settings etc.  (I don't think that I've even sat in the same seat for more than 5 consecutive mins during a soak!!!  :)  )  Been trying mutiple leg positions to try and get the calve jets to hit my calves (seems like they hit too low) ... love the moto DX though!!

When do you add the MPS or Chlorine.. before or after you soak?  

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 05:01:40 pm »
I add dichlor after I soak - if you do a search, you should find some posts that describe the process.  You can also look on another Board for Vermonter's water care process - found under FAQ

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 07:11:24 pm »
Dichlor after I soak. I stopped using the MPS after two days. Just was to confusing.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 07:56:55 am »

We almost always run out Envoy and 6 (or 12) o'clock.  At those settings we get more than enough power to all jets.  For the few times we want more we move them.  The only problem noted is that the fountain can go crazy at those settings.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 07:59:55 am »
When do you add the MPS or Chlorine.. before or after you soak?  

I add MPS before and shock with DiChlor weekly.  I premeasure the MPS into 35mm film canisters.  one holds about 2 tbsp.  I also have ozone and HS Freshwater (Nature 2).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 07:59:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42