What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First bump in the road to spatopia  (Read 1723 times)

drprwnap

First bump in the road to spatopia
« on: August 10, 2005, 11:46:21 am »
I decided to take the advise of this board and move up the date of my Epic delivery.  Went out on the deck to take some measurements and found that  the tub will fit but it will be close  :(.  I  need to add aboout 4 feet for a nice fit.  I guess I should have bought the spa and then built the deck!  Oh well, if this is the only problem I have, I'll be happy.  Probably do it over Labor Day weekend so I can take delivery in Sept.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

First bump in the road to spatopia
« on: August 10, 2005, 11:46:21 am »

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Re: First bump in the road to spatopia
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 01:57:15 pm »
Just make sure you have enough room on the entrance side, 5' minimum. (2' deep steps + 3' landing area)

Unless of course you "land" in the yard.  ;D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: First bump in the road to spatopia
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 02:03:39 pm »
Just make sure you have enough room on the entrance side, 5' minimum. (2' deep steps + 3' landing area)

Unless of course you "land" in the yard.  ;D

Actually, 2' is all you need on the entrance side.  Our spa is set up like this on our deck.  We step off of the side of the step.  And the close proximity of the deck railing makes a perfect handrail to steady oneself when exiting.  Check it out here. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
:)Re: First bump in the road to spatopia
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 02:35:59 pm »
Why didn't you place the steps on the open deck side?

Most building codes require a 3x3 landing area in front of doors, and at the top/bottom of steps/stairways. Not that it would be required for a hot tub, but I have found that's enough room to clear the steps and dry one's self off. No offence, but my wife would kill herself with that setup.

Nice pics though :)

Hot Tub Forum

:)Re: First bump in the road to spatopia
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 02:35:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42