What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Soon to be jacuzzi owner.... few questions  (Read 4763 times)

Rockstarbass1

Soon to be jacuzzi owner.... few questions
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:39:08 pm »
Hi all, this Saturday I'm picking up a used jacuzzi j365... or 355 I having a memory loss currently. It's a 2007 and seems to be in very good shape. The guy selling it owns a  hot tub delivery company. E erything seems to function except the lights (floor or water fall) and it has a radio that powers on but no sound. He said he was unsure if it had a water fall light but from my reading I believe it should. He also said he thinks the speaks are just shot from getting wet over the years. Should this be a major concern to me? And how hard and costly will it be to fix these issues? Also where can I get the correct parts to do so? I'm paging 2400$ for it. And decided to go the cheap route over new because I'm not sure how much it will actually get used.. if it works out maybe down the road I'll upgrade to a new model. Thanks in advance Chris.

Hot Tub Forum

Soon to be jacuzzi owner.... few questions
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:39:08 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Soon to be jacuzzi owner.... few questions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:26:57 pm »
I wouldn't worry about the lights or speakers until you see how much you use it or like it.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 12:38:35 pm »
 I probably wouldn't waste the money or time on the stereo, the interior light is an easy fix and the waterfall light is easy if you've done them before.  If not, it's not hard but a bit of a pain.  Both lights can be bought on-line, but the price may detour you from doing either. 

Rockstarbass1

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:28:03 pm »
I have looked and it seems about 350$ to do both. I'm willing to spend that kind of money I just want to make sure I get the right parts the first time. Could you give me a link for the correct ones? Also readsomewhere about an upgrade? Is there one it being a 2007? And lastly I take it, it needs to be empty to replace the lights?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:05:15 pm »
Probably doesn't need to be empty to change the bulbs. Jim?
Retired

ray

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 12:16:59 pm »
as for the stereo... i wouldn't fix it... it will keep getting wet and then you'll just have to fix it again... just get a good portable bluetooth speaker... ie bose... it will probably cost the same if not cheaper than fixing it... also you'll get more use out of it.  my 2 cents.. :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:05:00 pm »
I have looked and it seems about 350$ to do both. I'm willing to spend that kind of money I just want to make sure I get the right parts the first time. Could you give me a link for the correct ones? Also readsomewhere about an upgrade? Is there one it being a 2007? And lastly I take it, it needs to be empty to replace the lights?

You can change both lights with water in the spa, as far the part # the main light is 6560-420 and there are two different waterfall types.   If the W,fall is square with the shut off on the side the part number is 6560-422 if it's the new style w,fall with the shut off on the top you need to replace the whole thing. part# 2540-904 and they are not interchangeable.

DKRanger22

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 02:07:53 pm »

You can change both lights with water in the spa, as far the part # the main light is 6560-420 and there are two different waterfall types.   If the W,fall is square with the shut off on the side the part number is 6560-422 if it's the new style w,fall with the shut off on the top you need to replace the whole thing. part# 2540-904 and they are not interchangeable.

Good stuff, Jim!

Rockstarbass1

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »
Well Saturday I went and picked it up. The guy clearly didn't know much and it at first worried me. The build date on the tube it late 2009 so I'm guessing it's in fact a 2010 not a 2007 as I first believed. After getting it home and having my electrician over Sunday to wire it up I found one of the ribbon wires unplugged from the main control and on the blue box there was a vacant spot on top that was yellow and bottom that was black. The blue box had power as I could see a led inside the box light up. I plugged the ribbon into the yellow spot and all my lights work! Very excited. I then popped the covers off the speakers and they look like they are shot. Very basic corrosion and disintegrated. I then realized the radio wouldn't power on like it did when I first looked at it. (The seller looked shocked when it powered on because he told me it didnt). I tested the wiring and concluded the radio isn't getting power. Traced more wires and it seems the inverter is not functioning. Not sure if it's serviceable but I see a new one is only about 70 bucks. It had power going to it but isn't producing DC voltage out. The selector switch is in the correct spot also. Looking at the back it has very deeply recessed safety screws. So I think for the trouble I'll just buy a new one. Lastly where can I buy new speakers? Also should I go with oem jacuzzi or is there a better option with after market? I question sound quality for how small the 4 little speakers are. Other then that now I just need to find out what type of sanitizer I want to use. He gave me new filters and a new nature2 spa stick thing. But that's only good with chlorine from what I've read. Others have told me to use bromine. I'm at a loss. I also have an ozone maker on it I discovered but I have no way to be sure it's still "good" some people claim they last 18 years other say 2-5.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42