What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about cleaning a hot tub after draining.  (Read 3686 times)

kurt6137

Questions about cleaning a hot tub after draining.
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:28:44 am »
I have some questions about cleaning a hot tub. I have recently drained my tub and will be refilling it this sunday, before i drained it, I was told by the Hot Springs dealer to put a half a bag of burnout 35 ( a shock  for pools) run for 45 mins then drain. I have some stains on bottom of tub in 2 areas, can I use white vinegar to clean off safely , dont want to hurt tubs surface, stains are minimal and were caused by adding well water without filter attached to hose.  My question is, what procedure should i do when draining and refilling the tub. I have allways done it according to the dealers, but what is the best way to prevent bacteria buildup in plumbing lines, etc.. Just looking for a wealth of information on drains and refills, thanks .

Hot Tub Forum

Questions about cleaning a hot tub after draining.
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:28:44 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Questions about cleaning a hot tub after draining.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:35:57 am »
I used to shock it with chlorine (achieve a level of 10PPM or higher) and run it for a while 30-45 minutes. Drain and then scrub the inside with soft scrub or baking soda. Then rinse very very well and then refill. Go light on the soft scrub if you decide to use that. And make sure you get it all rinsed out.
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 11:15:55 am »
If you have a hard to remove metal stain or something similar yes the vinegar can work...otherwise you can dilute a little bit of pH reducer/spa down in some warm water then dip a rag into that and use for cleaning purposes...works extremely well for nagging little stains

Sam

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »
I use a 50/50 mix of distilled white vinegar and water.  It is safe for most surfaces, disinfects, and is very inexpensive.  If that doesn't work, soft scrub will get pretty much anything out.  As tman said, rinse very well afterward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42