What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: COLD & HOT Spa, for FL Pros and cons?  (Read 3402 times)

Sam Friedman

COLD & HOT Spa, for FL Pros and cons?
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »
I have been speaking to atera spas they build the cold and hot models. I am here in Ocala, FL and think that the cold feature would be great in the summer months. They say it can do 62-104 degrees so its interesting to me. What are the pros and cons of the cooler? Anyone have one of these that can shine some light on this.

It seems to me that a hot only spa would be worthless in the summer, I am looking for folks in hot climates to tell me if they can use the spa in the summer? I have heard of adding ice but that seems a bit out there..

Any Help would be appreciated.

Sam

Hot Tub Forum

COLD & HOT Spa, for FL Pros and cons?
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: COLD & HOT Spa, for FL Pros and cons?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »
  Considering body temp is 98.6 I don't see a need to chill water to 62 I think anything in the mid 80s would be fine to sit in.  That being said and spa really doesn't need a chiller per say.    Just refill it in the summer and only heat it to 75 and go up from that, or don't turn the heater up at all and see how it does with just a pump running..       

clover

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:01:27 pm »
I agree with JJ, 98.6° is the controlling temperature.  There are times when you just want to "chill", but that becomes relative to 98.6 which we measure in tenths of degrees.  85° may be more comfortable in the summer like a dip in the pool.

We supplied 2 hot tubs for the Super Bowl XL in Detroit for the Steelers.  While both tubs were used a lot, 1 was used as a Hot tub, while they ordered ice in for the other to use as a cold tub at 55°.  We had to disable the heater for them.  There were more players using the cold tub and enjoying it than there were in the hot tub.  Their purpose however was to constrict blood flow rather than to encourage it.

There is a time for a cold water plunge, like after coming out of the sauna, but hot water time is the best during cold weather months.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »
We keep ours at 92 in the summer and it feels rather chilly when you first get in.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 05:03:35 pm »
62 degrees would be awfully freaking cold.  I can't imagine wanting that.  I've always set mine around 90 to 95 in the summertime.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »
I have to mention this...some time ago a number of us asked to see a complete copy of Atera's warranty. They eventually posted a condensed and shortened version, but absolutely refused to show us the actual full printed warranty. Besides this being in violation of federal consumer laws, I REALLY have to wonder what, if anything, they're trying to hide.. Exclusions? Maybe something a consumer wouldn't catch, but those in the business would?

While there is something on their site they have labeled Warranty, it ends by saying, "Additional exclusions & limitations may apply".......whatever that means.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:04:39 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42