What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A shocked tub that hasn't been used won't need to be shocked until it's used.

THANKS

Assuming you have a consistent sanitation regimen.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Clearance Around Tub for Cover
« Last post by jonat on June 29, 2022, 07:32:24 pm »
That sounds a lot like my install (except my tub is narrower than yours). I have it in a corner of my screened porch (see https://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,25853.0.html) . In my install, the cover lifts into the open space on the narrow side of the tub, and like @cranbiz, the cover is up over the back of the tub.  I have seen some lifters requiring 24" of clearance - those that drop it down below the tub rim. Note that there will be some additional clearance needed for operation in many cases.

Hot Tub Forum / Re: Clearance Around Tub for Cover
« Last post by cranbiz on June 28, 2022, 05:17:11 pm »
Depends on the cover/cover lifter. Anywhere from about 9" to 18" or so.

I would ask your dealer what they recommend for the cover they are supplying.

The cover lifer my dealer was including would have required about 18" which wouldn't work well for my install but they gave me the option to change it for the 9" clearance one. What the difference was is the low clearance lifter keeps the cover up at tub level, which does add privacy but does block the view out of the slider. I decided that trade off was worth it for my space. Your space might be different.
Hot Tub Forum / Clearance Around Tub for Cover
« Last post by tnlandsailor on June 28, 2022, 02:17:05 pm »
Inching closer to the tub installation project. The tub is 7' on each side (a square tub) and is going into a space where it will be tucked into a corner of an outdoor screen room (essentially touching on 2 sides). I want to be able to fold the cover up along one of the walls it will be touching. About how much clearance between the tub and the wall should I leave to be able to stow the cover this way?
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Shock frequency for tub when not in use (for months at a time)
« Last post by CV3720 on June 28, 2022, 01:13:23 pm »
BTW - how do I set up my account on here so that I receive notifications of replies to my posts?

FOUND IT   :)
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Shock frequency for tub when not in use (for months at a time)
« Last post by CV3720 on June 28, 2022, 12:37:59 pm »
BTW - how do I set up my account on here so that I receive notifications of replies to my posts?
« Last post by CV3720 on June 28, 2022, 12:35:27 pm »

THANKS
« Last post by CV3720 on June 28, 2022, 12:34:02 pm »
Sounds like you have a good schedule every 2 weeks or so.  The person checking on it would know best during the unused times since they are testing the water and adding accordingly.

LOL - not even sure he owns a test kit (has never used one on our tub - according to our cameras) - he just fills the floating dispenser. Our home is not a rental, but he works for a rental agency in the area and manages over 100 tubs for them. I know... I know!  When we get up there, the first thing I do is start testing and fine tuning the water.

THANKS
Hot Spring Spas / Re: Hot Spring Salt Cartridge?
« Last post by jonat on June 28, 2022, 08:32:28 am »
I wasn't clear - this related to online or phone sales. My dealer is a fair distance away and I haven't checked to see what they get for the cartridges. My dealer DOES sell the cartridges separately when I call - at a much higher price than the "program" that also includes the silver cartridge.

Just try to find an online dealer that advertises the salt cartridge openly.
We only get up to our vacation home a few weeks out of the year (every couple/few months). We have someone drop by every two weeks to add tabs to the floater, check water levels, etc ---- but how often is shocking necessary when it's not being used?

THANKS

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2022, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42