What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Arctic Spa (Spa Boy) - Anyone has?
« Last post by Hot Tub Guru on August 23, 2019, 05:14:43 pm »
We have replaced very few probes in the time that we have been selling Spa Boy typically these ones that have been replaced are because a customer is ALMOST NEVER watching their water and their probe gets ruined.  The probes can't be calibrated as far as I know. 
2
Hot Tub Forum / Hot Springs Cabinet Insulation
« Last post by Upstate_Dunadan on August 23, 2019, 05:04:08 pm »
We've been very happy with the HS Grandee we purchased earlier this year.  Looking forward to using it in the cooler Fall Upstate NY temps and then winter.

My question is, I read somewhere HS sells a winter insulation kit for inside the cabinet?  Is anyone familiar with this and how much they run?  Am I better trying to do something on my own?   Do I have to worry about pipes freezing if I don't do something extra?

Thanks for any insight provided.
3
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Artesian Dove Canyon vs Grand Bahama Elite vs Marquis Show
« Last post by Hottubguy on August 23, 2019, 04:59:10 pm »
I just finished an awesome soak in my Master spa and can clearly recall how great the Marquis jet pressure was when I wet tested it.

Glad to see you still posting in here swilly and glad you are still loving your master.  You are a good example of why wet testing is almost a must
4
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Trying to choose hot tub
« Last post by Sam on August 23, 2019, 04:44:03 pm »
Yeah, beautiful spa area!  I love it.
5
Hot Tub Forum / Re: 1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions
« Last post by Sam on August 23, 2019, 04:42:43 pm »
I would say that there are probably better options available than Vita.  Marquis' HK jets are good and strong.  Artesian Spas' Island Spas line has super powerful jets.  I really like Dimension 1's jets too.  All of those brands are going to be built better, in my opinion.  Vita has decent jets but I'm not a fan of the way they build their spas.  Their insulation is lacking.  If you live in a cold climate you want a full foam spa, period.  Not only does full foam make the spa much more energy efficient, it cradles the plumbing which significantly reduces leaks.  Also Vita's metal frame is cheap and flimsy.  It rusts out at the penetration points. I don't like their shell design either.  In my opinion there are much better options for the money over Vita.
6
Hot Tub Forum / Re: 1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions
« Last post by Spatech_tuo on August 23, 2019, 02:04:31 pm »
When concerned with how the jets will feel and how well you'll fit the spa, the way a spa looks and how it seems in a dry test is about 15% of the picture, the other 85% is the wet test.
7
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Artesian Dove Canyon vs Grand Bahama Elite vs Marquis Show
« Last post by swilly1000 on August 23, 2019, 12:58:00 am »
I just finished an awesome soak in my Master spa and can clearly recall how great the Marquis jet pressure was when I wet tested it.
8
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Vita Spa
« Last post by MikeM on August 22, 2019, 09:27:41 pm »
I'm just starting my search and the first one I looked at was the Vita Joli - but couldn't find too much ref Vita Spas either.  Which model are you looking at?
9
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Trying to choose hot tub
« Last post by Hottubguy on August 22, 2019, 09:14:20 pm »
Thatís a cool setup
10
Hot Tub Forum / 1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions
« Last post by MikeM on August 22, 2019, 07:09:05 pm »
Hello Everyone,

First time looking to purchase a hot tub.  I've read a bit on the forum and gone to one dealer so far.  I'm in Colorado and plan on using it year round so a 220 volt looks necessary.  My primary concern is getting one that offers powerful jets.  The main focus is one to hit tight muscles from head to toe and everywhere in between.  I'll get one big enough for my family (4 person tub) provided I'm not giving up powerful jets for the size of the tub.

At the one dealer I've gone to what appeared the best fit was the Vita Spa Joli model.  The salesperson was telling me that it has two pumps/motors.  One that is dedicated to the heat and the other that would be dedicated to the jets.  They didn't have one with water in it so I couldn't even stick my hand in to feel the pressure.  They had a larger 6-8 person tub there and he said that's about the same pressure as the Joli.  In reading through the message forum I've seen a wet test is always recommend.  This dealer didn't give me the impression that type of thing happens with each unit.

I welcome any ideas, suggestions, guidance.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2019, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42