What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP!!!!HotSpring Aria or Beachcomber720xLE???  (Read 5941 times)

spanky

HELP!!!!HotSpring Aria or Beachcomber720xLE???
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:53:10 pm »
We have owned a Coleman spa for about 10 years and plan to replace/upgrade our spa  experience. Nothing has changed since we purchased our last spa. We currently use our spa 5+ days a week at night before we go to bed.
Our shopping experience has been exhaustive but confusing (from the costco/sam's world to a spa show to a half dozen local dealers-------and extensive attempts to surf the net for info). All leaving us more confused than before------------how can everyone have the best spa in the world??
It still is impossible for a consumer to get a reliable third party evaluation/comparison of current products. Where is Consumer Reports when you need it?
We want a high quality/well engineered/energy efficient 5 to 6 person spa with a lounger and deep massage-----as maintenance free as possible!! We would like to add music capability as our only real " bell and whistle". We are willing to pay for quality-----------but want to make sure we actually get it.
We have narrowed our search to 2 reliable dealers in our area-------------Beachcomber and HotSprings. We are focusing on the Beachcomber 720xLE series-----adding its built-in AM/Fm CD music system (the Aquacoustics Surround Sound system which I like as it is built into the cabinet with no pop-up speakers exposed to the elements). Personally I like having the operating equipment under their step (seems to allow for better accessability/better tub insulation) They have quoted us a all-in price of $9400+tax.
We are also looking at HotSprings new 30th anniversary model-the Aria which includes a factory installed music system (with pop up speakers) . The massage action in their jet configuration was very appealing to us (especially my wife who loves very deep muscle massage) . We have been quoted $9500 for the Aria.
Can any of you out there shed some light on this choice? Are the quotations we have received ballpark reasonable?  Do you have any words of wisdom for us?  
Thanks much,
Pat and Debbie Bryan
Albuquerque, NM

Hot Tub Forum

HELP!!!!HotSpring Aria or Beachcomber720xLE???
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:53:10 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: HELP!!!!HotSpring Aria or Beachcomber720xLE???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 01:25:55 pm »
That is a really good price for that Beachcomber if it is an 07  the 720x is a small tub IMO  the lounger is very short so sit in it to make sure you will fit in it. You can tell if it is an 07 by looking at the serial # plate on the front it should start with an H  G means 06 & F means 05.  If your getting the stereo on the B C make sure that the remote is included in the price as that is an extra $300 if its not incl.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 02:18:39 pm »
And the new 30th Anniversary 'Aria' model comes with the sound system built in and every other bell and whistle for around ten or eleven.
8-)
We are getting $9500 to $10,000 for the Aria in northern CA
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:22:49 pm by WHY_NOT »

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:07:28 pm »
$9500 for the Aria seems like a great price.  If you want a 5-6 person tub, I'm not sure if the Aria will do it for you.  The fifth seat is the cool down seat in that model.  The Hot Spring Vista or Envoy with optional SpAudio might suit you better.  Good luck!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Grandee

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:52:50 am »
Hands down go with the Aria.  Better filtration, insulation, better variety of jets.  $9500 is a great price for the Aria. There really is no comparison in quality, you'll be alot happier in the long run with a Hotsprings.  Aria--consumers digest buy of the year.  

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:03:42 pm »
Hands down the Beachcomber, sorry couldn't resist
Comfort is most important.
You already know from your statement that Beachcomber has the better insulation, then you have the 40,000 gallon a day hush pump with it's own dedicated filter compared to Hot Springs 5000 hush pump. (not to mention that the Silent Floo 5000 pulls more amps than the hush pump) You have more customization on the Beachcomber when it comes to jets. The AquaCustics of course uses the transducers, which gives you better sound than pop up speakers (IMO since I have owned tubs with both) Plus you get a step that matches the tub.
But first and foremost, you have owned a tub before, so you know what's important to you. Try them both out, and choose the one that's most comfortable to you since you use your tub a lot. They both sound like good deals so which ever one you like the best.

Reese

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 01:14:08 pm »
Hands down go with the Aria.  Better filtration, insulation, better variety of jets.  $9500 is a great price for the Aria. There really is no comparison in quality, you'll be alot happier in the long run with a Hotsprings.  Aria--consumers digest buy of the year.  
I'm guessing that the Consumer's Digest, filtration, and jet claims are just a regurgitation of HS sales points that have been discussed here in the past, :P but I'm curious...  what makes the HS insulation better than the Beachcomber, and what are the quality differences?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:57:34 pm by Reese »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 01:19:16 pm »
The big differnce with Beach Comber is they place the equipment pack (pumps/heater) outside of the spa. It's actually inside the "Step" platform/box.

Better?  I dunno.

Different? Yes.

The pumps are under the steps:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:22:28 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Grandee

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 02:36:44 pm »
Just a couple more things to look at.  Have each of the stores actually put there spa on end so you can compare the insulation. Beachcomber has a soft insulation you can sink your finger in, great for insects and rodents. Hotsprings has a 60# density foam--rodent and insect proof.  Beachcomber has suction fittings--meaning water bypasses the filters. Unlike the Hotsprings with 100% filtration--easier to maintain good clean water.  And last, actually feel both cabinets, push on them, and feel the controls. You can honestly see and feel the quality of the Hotsprings.

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 02:49:14 pm »
Glad to see Scott and Greg have taught you well young Jedi. And I hope this new career works out well for you.

1st The 60# foam you speak of is just their bottom barrier, whereas Beachcomber uses a sealed bottom. Underneath their 60# bottom, Hot Springs uses a combination of open celled and closed celled foam (when your techs are repairing a leak have them show you).
2nd Beachcomber's suction intakes go only to their jet pumps, they have a dedicated filter for 24 hour filtration like Hot Springs, but they skim their water 24 hours a day,and 8 times more the amount of water. Because of Hot Spring's floating weir system water does not get skimmed off when the Silent Flo is working alone. That is why they have equaliziers so that enough water get get into the cirulation pump when the jet pump (s) are not on. The last time i checked oils go to the top of the surface, so if you are in a family that likes to soak and not use the jets, you have to remember to hit the clean cycle when you are down, otherwise waterline.
3rd, you obviously have not pushed against a Beachcomber, because you would not have made that last statement.
Spanky will choose a tub that they are most comfortable with from a dealer they are most comfortable with so they can stay in spatopia. Now Grandee, go get your second glass of KoolAid

Grandee

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 03:09:34 pm »
Not having a good day (in too long).  It seems apparent to me that customer/public relations are not your strong point, as you find it necessary to be-little someone you do not know.  Have been in the spa and pool business for over 16 years.  Have been around awhile to see what spas are around.  Beachcomer is not a bad spa, but clearly not in the same league as an HotSpring.  Sorry to let you down young Jedi.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 03:19:16 pm »
Just wondering out loud, how secure are the steps to the main tub with a beach comber? if the steps take a trip or get whacked with a snow shovel, or lawn mower or drunken in law,  will it jostle the unions between the tub and pumps?  I have to say that I don't care for the deisgn, but I don't know if it's actually any worse or better than having the pumps tucked inside the spa cabinent.   Is it louder? do the steps vibrate?  ;)  Insualtion comes to mind, and I'd take a closer look if I was buying one for a snow region. Is there any benifit or detriement to this design ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:31:21 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 03:44:46 pm »
Nice to see that when a prospective buyer comes on the site they're not bombarded by dealer propaganda.

Wait, wrong post.

Wet test both spas, I think you'll find that the Hot Spring does have a little bit more in the way of jet variety, but the Beachcomber is a very nice spa.

If you really prefer the sound of a transducer system, the Envoy spa with the SpAudio I, SpAudio II, or new SpAudiocast system utilizes transducers.  The Envoy is also very similar in configuration and power to the Aria.  If you're sold on the transducers, try a wet-test in the Envoy as well.

I think you'll also find that both spas are going to have different features you can't find on the other.  You'll just have to decide which of those are more important to you.  Beachcomber has the 'equipment step,' Hot Spring has the Tri-X filters.  The list can go on and on, but that's what gets people flustered when shopping for a spa.

Keep it simple, wet test the ones that catch your eye, and see what fits your family best.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 03:45:57 pm »
And have fun!

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 04:24:57 pm »
Not having a good day (in too long).  It seems apparent to me that customer/public relations are not your strong point, as you find it necessary to be-little someone you do not know.  Have been in the spa and pool business for over 16 years.  Have been around awhile to see what spas are around.  Beachcomer is not a bad spa, but clearly not in the same league as an HotSpring.  Sorry to let you down young Jedi.

Sorry you took my tongue in cheek aproach the wrong way. I have been in the industry for 20 years and dealing with pools since 78. I couldn't resist your canned statements. As you can see from my posts I told them to look for comfort. You clearly stated that you felt hot springs was a better tub, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. But from your post you state they will be happier with a hot springs, that too is your opinion.
Oh Giraffe, I'm sure you could tell that i was joking because my first post says, I couldn't resist after copying Grandee's hands down quote. So i am having fun

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 04:24:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42