What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back frm Class  (Read 38836 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Just back frm Class
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:46:25 pm »
Hello all,

Just got back in from a 3 days of training, it was a great time, met some really great and experienced industry pros. I was reading the board and wow a lot going on and some real interesting posts particularly about the spa ratings. I appreciate Doc, Stuart, Term and Toms among others well thought out and voiced opinions. I found the thread interesting since at our training we had 5 of the brands mentioned among the top rated there to do some real side by side wet testing and build quality comparisons these were all new spas bought off dealer showrooms. It was very eye opening as there are real tangible differences and yet at the same time it was acknowledged that for the consumer who puts any of the spas in their backyard that unless they have some unusual problems most would be happy with any of them but thats not to say that the spas are equal. I must say I came away with utmost pride confidence in the Marquis line.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:18:19 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

Just back frm Class
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:46:25 pm »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
Re: Just back frm Class
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 03:21:31 pm »
Come on fess up what are the biggest differences?

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:30:37 pm »
Just one question, Mendo...do you still have the same opinion of the Epic as you did before this class? ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 04:03:07 pm »
Bonni, just know this you are not going to get 160 gallons of water per minute that is concentrated to target one body area for deep therapy from anyone other than Marquis. I mean no one else is even close.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 04:06:56 pm »
lol, no thanks but I will say that some might be surprised to learn that one maker uses Velcro to hold in place something that is supposed to insulation, while another uses zip ties to hold plumbing in place.

If you've got legit info. let's share it. Otherwise....what's the point?

You know, I found a national chain of resturants that has steaks that taste better than *any* steak house in north america (proven by national taste test) and doctors have shown thier food is safer to eat.  You might know thier name, but then agian,  you might be surprsed at who they are.  I also found one major national chain makes a policy of spitting in every childs meal. I'd tell you all about it, but you know...why bother.  ::)

160 gallons of water per minute that is concentrated to target one body area for deep therapy from anyone other than Marquis. I mean no one else is even close

IS this a desirable sensation?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:11:17 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 04:17:40 pm »
Welcome back!  Glad you had fun.

Now, give us the good news.  Lord knows I would shout it from the mountaintop if I'd done a side by side comparison with the competition. :)

Actually, out of all the Watkins training sessions I've ever been too, I don't recall a single other brand of spa's name ever even being mentioned.  They do encourage their dealers to sell HotSprings' positives and never say anything derogatory about the competition, though.

Terminator
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:28:45 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 04:36:45 pm »
Hey Drew, I will say from personal experience...It is sensational and I would also say desirable!
I didn't mean to put Mendo on the spot, I am sure that a side by side comparison has to be easier than wet testing at various dealers
at different times. So I was just wondering about my tub and I know Mendo would tell it like it is...good or bad, so I asked....not trying to start anything...
And I think Mendo should keep all his info secret..After all, anything that he says will only spark controversy on here and it won't be appreciated for what it is...AT ALL! >:(

I want to know about the doctors that are doing steak testing..are they saying the steaks are safe because they are free from pathologen bacterial contamination or is it because they are free from pesticide and antibiotic residue or are they guaranteed to be from real cows and not clones?  Be specific... ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:37:58 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

160 gallons of water per minute that is concentrated to target one body area for deep therapy from anyone other than Marquis. I mean no one else is even close

IS this a desirable sensation?  ;)
Well this it is  very much so actually, now if you only had pin hole jets that move about 8 per minute though them than it would not be but if you are using jets that move 40 gallons of water per jet than its so comfortable and so soothing and gives you deep therapy. So yes when done right it is highly desirable.

"If you've got legit info. let's share it. Otherwise....what's the point?"

Drew,

Whats your point to turn this is some sort of a bashing of another product ?  those who know their product, know what I am talking about and if its accurate. Are you suggesting that this is made up ? But please share with me the point of singling out someone, maybe I am wrong but I tried to answer a question that was asked without pointing a finger at any one maker so not to make this into a argument. My point was that when you can see the product side by side that there are real differences.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 04:42:50 pm »
Welcome back!  Glad you had fun.

Actually, out of all the Watkins training sessions I've ever been too, I don't recall a single other brand of spa's name ever even being mentioned.  They do encourage their dealers to sell HotSprings' positives and never say anything derogatory about the competition, though.

Terminator

Term I think that is part of Hot Springs philosophy and it works very well for them. For us It was matter of really knowing your competition and getting much through understanding of why Marquis chooses to do the things they do when you have something side by side, to see, touch and feel you can get a much greater appreciation for those differences. It was not at all about being derogatory about anyone. But I will say the Velcroing of insulation might been seen as such just for what it is.... ;)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:45:32 pm by Mendocino101 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:00:55 pm »
But I will say the Velcroing of insulation might been seen as such just for what it is.... ;)

Makes it easier to take the foam out to repair leaks.  Once again, HotSpring leads the way......

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 05:01:10 pm »
Mendo made his pilgrammage to Marquis and came back reaffirmed that he's selling/representing a quality product. He could go on about how he thinks its the absolute best but in reality it just has to be the best for him. If he took it to the next step and tried to convince us they are the absolute best (assuming he thinks that) we'd all chalk it up to a bias anyway (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I just wish more people would stick to terms like "One of the best", "As good as any", or even "the best IMO" (those 3 capital letters go a long way for me) and avoid over the top statements like "The Best" when on these sites.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:29:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

In Canada eh

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 05:08:19 pm »
Whats your point to turn this is some sort of a bashing of another product ?  those who know their product, know what I am talking about and if its accurate. Are you suggesting that this is made up ? But please share with me the point of singling out someone, maybe I am wrong but I tried to answer a question that was asked without pointing a finger at any one maker so not to make this into a argument. My point was that when you can see the product side by side that there are real differences.

Good for you Mendo, I always thought you had some class and you have just reaffirmed it :)
Bullfrog 451

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 05:17:51 pm »

Makes it easier to take the foam out to repair leaks.  Once again, HotSpring leads the way......

Term
dang Term you got me Hot Springs secret new way for easy repairs is now out of the bag..... :D

uhhh by the way Term and I and I am sure most others know that Hot Springs does not use Velrco..... ::)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 05:45:27 pm »
Come on fess up what are the biggest differences?

Ray

lol, no thanks but I will say that some might be surprised to learn that one maker uses Velcro to hold in place something that is supposed to insulation, while another uses zip ties to hold plumbing in place.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 06:11:21 pm »
My spa has a zip tie holding a small diameter flexible line in place.  I doesn't look like it does much.  I imagine they use it to hold the line up during the full foaming process.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 06:11:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42