What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: #%$&@ Families!  (Read 3011 times)

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
#%$&@ Families!
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:56:26 pm »
So it's the week after New Year's and it's 11:40pm and it's 65 damn degrees outside  :'(

It should be freezing!!!!

I haven't used my tub for about 3 days.  The last time I used it the water was perfect.

Tonight I get in the tub and turned on the jets and it was like someone poored a capfull or two of shampoo in the tub  :-[  argh!!!

It will hit a record high tomorrow (72 - 75 degrees) and although I did a drain and fill a month ago, I just might do a quick drain/fill and take advantage of this freaky weather.

I just put 4 tbs of MPS in the tub and will run it for about 30 mins tonight.  I will replace the filter tomorrow and see how much foam I still have.

Do you think one of my 3 kids might have had a tub party in the last 3 days????

ps.  You guys in the midwest (read Denver) don't need to post pictures of your record snowfalls.  It's damn depressing for both of us.....

pps.  Do you know that this board takes the word (d a m n)  and automatically changes it to darn!   Darn PC BS!

Hot Tub Forum

#%$&@ Families!
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:56:26 pm »

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
Re: #%$&@ Families!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:10:51 am »
yea IMO between 10 and 40 degrees is the best tubbin,hope it'll chill down a bit for ya

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 05:35:00 am »
Maybe you could suck the foam out with your Spa Vac. :)

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:52:46 am »
Same thing happened to me, but I know I lapsed on the dichlor--who knew things could grow so fast!

I have never had a foam issue that did not clear up rather quickly, so when I saw the same thing in my tub, I too, took advantage of our mild weather--dumped and refilled.  The foam was sort of yucky looking, so who knows what was in there...

I had tried putting a few things in the water first, but then took  deep breath and pulled the plug--what a great feeling!  Now I for sure, can make it to March.
2005 HS Vanguard

PotomacG

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 10:39:50 am »
Maybe you could suck the foam out with your Spa Vac. :)

Hell no!  I'm using my Shop Vac!   ;D

PotomacG

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 10:41:37 am »
Same thing happened to me, but I know I lapsed on the dichlor--who knew things could grow so fast!

I have never had a foam issue that did not clear up rather quickly, so when I saw the same thing in my tub, I too, took advantage of our mild weather--dumped and refilled.  The foam was sort of yucky looking, so who knows what was in there...

I had tried putting a few things in the water first, but then took  deep breath and pulled the plug--what a great feeling!  Now I for sure, can make it to March.

You have a good point.  It's January and it's in the 70s.  I think a quick drain/fill is in order  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 10:41:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42