What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Deck Finally Finished!  (Read 14017 times)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Hot Tub Deck Finally Finished!
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:15:29 pm »
After a year of planning. pouring cement foundations,  steel erection, and pouring cement floors we have finally finished our Hot Tub Deck.

MG]http://i85.p[Ihotobucket.com/albums/k60/ZzTop_007/7November2006HotTubMovetonewHTPa-14.jpg[/IMG]

Regards Zz :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 11:49:02 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Deck Finally Finished!
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:15:29 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot Tub Deck Finally Finished!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:47:52 pm »
You gona be able to get that side panel off for the equipment bay OK?
Retired

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 06:12:50 pm »

Beachcomber Hot Tubs have a unique feature called protec.  This design has the pump equipment outside of the tub so that all four sides of the hot tub are fully insulated.  This design allows for great flexibility of installation. for custom applications.  In our case we can  easily service the equipment from below the deck.  

see pictures.  

regards, Zz   :)

Bama

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 06:56:09 pm »
Pretty slick operation there big guy!
congrats and happy dunking!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 07:08:52 pm »
Very nice deck Zz. I bet it cost a fortune.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 10:46:05 pm »
Beautiful! Do you get frost in the ground where you live? The pic of the peers is deceivingly shallow.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:47:48 am »
Beautiful! Do you get frost in the ground where you live? The pic of the peers is deceivingly shallow.

We live in the Greater Vancouver area of BC Canada and no we do not have a frost problem here.  It rarely gets below freezing, and only for a few days a year.

The footing is two feet long by one and one half feet deep and one and a half feet wide.

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 01:37:01 am »
Looking good!  Congrats :)  

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 09:29:16 am »
ZZ,

I'm curious as to why the overkill with the steel beams, Vancouver and BC are not hurricane or earthquake zones.  I have visited the Lake Louise to Vancouver Island stretch a couple of times its a absolutly beautiful part of the country :)  You are in about the only part of Canada that does'nt really have a winter, I'm jealous
Bullfrog 451

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 11:22:42 am »
Beachcomber Hot Tubs have a unique feature called protec.  This design has the pump equipment outside of the tub so that all four sides of the hot tub are fully insulated.  This design allows for great flexibility of installation. for custom applications.  In our case we can  easily service the equipment from below the deck.  
see pictures.  
regards, Zz   :)

I kinda figured it was a beach but all I saw was part of the protek opening as you were lowering it. That does make for a slick system, very cool suff.
Retired

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 11:43:07 am »
ZZ,

I'm curious as to why the overkill with the steel beams, Vancouver and BC are not hurricane or earthquake zones.  I have visited the Lake Louise to Vancouver Island stretch a couple of times its a absolutly beautiful part of the country :)  You are in about the only part of Canada that does'nt really have a winter, I'm jealous

Yes Vancouver is the California of Canada, although we are in the ring of fire, that is we could be subject to earthquakes.

I used Steel because of how high the deck is and having less beams underneath.  The structure is virtually maintenance free using cement floors and will support the weight with ease.

Regards, Zz
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 11:57:54 am by ZzTop »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 11:54:51 am »
Very nice deck Zz. I bet it cost a fortune.

The actual wholesale cost, including design, Engineeing, footings, concrete, steel assembly and erection, and crane to place the hot tub was $7200 Cdn

I still plan for a GFI outlet, Water Hose bib and some LED lighting around the tub, and I may erect a gazabo roof over the tub for the winter, which I used in the old location.

Regards, Zz

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 12:58:37 pm »
Well look what the cat dragged in! ;) Good to hear from you my friend and the installation looks exceptional! Wishing you many years of enjoyment with your investment and don't be a stranger. Well...stranger than normal! ;D

Steve

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 03:40:37 pm »
Well look what the cat dragged in! ;) Good to hear from you my friend and the installation looks exceptional! Wishing you many years of enjoyment with your investment and don't be a stranger. Well...stranger than normal! ;D

Steve

Thanks steve, nice to hear from you!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 12:00:41 pm »

We live in the Greater Vancouver area of BC Canada and no we do not have a frost problem here.  It rarely gets below freezing, and only for a few days a year.

The footing is two feet long by one and one half feet deep and one and a half feet wide.

I should add that the form sits on six inches of crushed rock.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 12:00:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42