What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Think We Got a Floor Model  (Read 34734 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
I Think We Got a Floor Model
« on: October 04, 2006, 04:58:59 pm »
I know that this has been asked on here before but I can't find the post.  Everyone's tub comes with all kinds of wrap on it, right?  Ours wasn't wrapped at all - it only had a loose tarp over it when it arrived.  My husband went by the store today and what do you know, the Marquis Destiny that we wet tested was gone (that's the model we bought).  The one that was delivered to us had a little water in it and was dirty.  There was no owners manual....also my husband picked up the stairs today and there's all nicks on them....looks like they were used.  He just got off the phone with the store and our salesman wasn't there but the Sales Mgr is "looking into it".  I'm pissed.  I don't mind getting a floor model but I'm not willing to pay full price for it.  Doesn't that need to be disclosed???

Hot Tub Forum

I Think We Got a Floor Model
« on: October 04, 2006, 04:58:59 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: I Think We Got a Floor Model
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 05:17:15 pm »
It should be disclosed.  They should do something for you. :-?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

bohms

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:22:29 pm »
My husband also said that there were used cartridges in the holder.  There is also a black mark on the side.  

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 05:49:23 pm »
Sounds like you got the floor! I'd ask for a credit or else.

bohms

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 05:55:29 pm »
That's exactly what we're going to do.  How much credit do I ask for?  Our total was $9159.20 and that was including tax, cover, delivery, steps and duralift and chemical package.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:02:49 pm »
A credit might help, but my fear would be how is that dealer going to treat you in the long run.  Obviously they can't be trusted -- what happens when you need a repair?  Big bummer...  :(
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 06:09:19 pm »
I would let them know that you want a new one and see if they respond with an alternative to amke it worth your while to keep the floor model. It's hard to believe this was on prupose because if they were trying to pull a fast one you'd think they'd have rewrapped it, cleaned it out thoroughly and put the manual in place.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bohms

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 06:17:45 pm »
The crazy thing is that I've heard nothing but good things about this dealer.  Problem is that we can't easily switch it out for a new one.  We live high up on a rocky hill and my husband used a JCB from work to get the tub up into our backyard through my neighbor's driveway.  It was a major process.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 06:48:02 pm »
Bohms,

Was this Rix????  I too have heard good things about them.

We ended up going with a Caldera Geneva.  The Marquis was just too expensive for a 7' tub IMO.

Marc
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 06:48:52 pm by gores95 »

bohms

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 07:09:41 pm »
Gores - yes it was Rix.  We fell in love with the Destiny when we wet tested.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 08:20:16 pm »
They should disclose it. Not even new filters? Probably an oversight, I 'm sure they'll make it right.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 10:39:02 pm »
Wow, I would be upset. I would first talk to the dealer for an explanation. If it was in fact a demo model, I personally would insist on a new spa. I don't think it would be worth a few hundred dollar credit. Especially since you've already paid for the spa. Let us know how it turns out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:44:40 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bohms

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 09:26:55 am »
Gomboman - normally I would say to switch it out for a new spa since that's what I paid for, but I'm not sure if you saw my last post.  We live high on a rocky hill and it was a major process to get this one in our backyard.  My husband and his friends used a JCB from my husband's job to lift it from my neighbors driveway onto my patio.  Then 7 guys carried it to where it is sitting now.   We have about 30 steps leading up to my house.  So at this point we just want some kind of credit.  But how much less is a floor model worth?  I'm waiting for a call from the dealer.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 09:56:01 am »
IF he sold you the floor instead of new, he should pay for the labor as well to haul out the used and re-deliver the new one. If he refuses, you can then ask him to increase a credit back to you. If all else, fails, I would threaten him with a report to the BBB or a visit to small claims court. Start taking pics of the defects in your "new" tub as well for evidence.

anne

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 10:14:19 am »
IF he sold you the floor instead of new, he should pay for the labor as well to haul out the used and re-deliver the new one. If he refuses, you can then ask him to increase a credit back to you. If all else, fails, I would threaten him with a report to the BBB or a visit to small claims court. Start taking pics of the defects in your "new" tub as well for evidence.

I agree. I would not threaten anything, but I do think that since this ws their error they should have to deal with the labor of it. And you should get more cerdit than on a pristine floor model if it has a black mark on it. New filters, too.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 10:14:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42