What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Your thoughts on Direct Flow by Artesian  (Read 5595 times)

tileman

Your thoughts on Direct Flow by Artesian
« on: September 23, 2006, 11:57:13 am »
 I just finished reading about Direct Flow, the system in Artesians platinum class that utilizes a seperate pump for each seat, simply ccontrolled by an on/off button located by each seat. This means no more inertwined pipes around the tub, less energy used by singling out only the jets you are using, more power, and just flat out awesome. This is a feature that once I heard about I knew I had to try. Does anyone have a  experience or info they would like to share about these spas? I'm going in for a wet test today in their Qual Ridge which has 4 3hp pumps along with a 24/7 circ. I'll let you know how it goes. Tileman
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 12:01:02 pm by tileman »

Hot Tub Forum

Your thoughts on Direct Flow by Artesian
« on: September 23, 2006, 11:57:13 am »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re:  Your thoughts on Direct Flow by Artesian
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 02:44:54 pm »
All other tub factors being equal (comfort, filtration, build quality, etc), I would think separate pumps for each seat would be the way to go.  I was certainly interested in the Artesian Piper Glen, but fell in love with the Sundance Optima before I even got to the Artesian dealer!  Curious to see what you think of them....
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 02:50:37 pm »
I predict you'll buy one of the Artesian Platinums (so long as it's within your budget).

It wasn't within my budget, so I didn't even bother wet testing (i knew better).
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 02:55:34 pm »
I predict you'll buy one of the Artesian Platinums (so long as it's within your budget).

It wasn't within my budget, so I didn't even bother wet testing (i knew better).

Not that my tub is bad but sometimes I wish I had the $10,000 for the Piper ...

I knew better too!

tileman

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 03:00:41 pm »
Hey Vinny iF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING WHAT MODEL DO YOU HAVE AND HOW MUCH WAS IT? Also what were they asking for your Cayman TN?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 03:02:50 pm by tileman »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 04:00:18 pm »
I have a 2005 Cayman and I paid $7000 with tax. I got 2004 pricing with that too.

My tub has 56 jets, 3 therapy pumps, circ pump, ozone, SS jets, LED light, Durawood skirting and cover lifter.

barshnik

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 06:00:28 pm »
You said a simple on off switch - not quite true.  Platinum series Artesians have 3 controls per seat. 1) Motor on/off.  2) Variable motor speed for that seat.  I've confirmed that the individual motor is being controlled by measuring current draw with this at different settings.  3) Air injection control for each seat.

Technically, I like this approach, although others will certainly disagree.

I love getting in any seat of our Falcon Cove (2 semi-recliners, 1 upright seat) and being able to control every aspect of it without affecting anything else.  The 24 hour circ pump is again sepearate, so 4 motors for 3 seats.

They are all easily accessable for service, by the way.

With my 50 amp circuit, max current draw is 33 amps with 2 seat pump motors, running, plus heater.  Turn on the 3rd seat, and the heater turns off.

Now, if the Falcon Cove just had calf jets, it would be perfect - but I can sit backwards on either of the semi-recliners and get the same effect from the thigh jets.

For the size we wanted, we looked carefully at the HS Jetsetter, Sundance Capri, and Artesian Falcon.  They were all high quality, but I wound up liking the design of the Artesian the best (plus they are a local company for me...)

John F
LV, NV

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 07:01:56 pm »
Fact(not opinion) -

I have a Gold series. Opal model.
I don't have a dedicated pump for each seat like the platnium series has, but I do have the controls as barshark mentioned. I think in the gold series they call it variable control, which again allows you to control the speed of the motor using a dial or dimmer switch. I have 3 pumps, and one circ pump, for a total of 4 pumps.

Mine came with...

SS Jets things
Maintence free cabinet
LED light
Two sets of filters, for a total of 4.
Ozonator
5 year warrenty parts and labor
5" tapered down to 3" heavy duty (at least that's what he called it) cover
Startup chemicals
Cover Lifter

I love the variable control feature.
I am not a dealer. I am a consumer. I really like my Artesian Opal.

Hope these facts help you.
Be careful on this forum, lots of dealers..
Good luck, whichever tub you choose.

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 12:01:17 am »
I have the Artesian Piper Glen and LOVE the individual controls.........WELL worth the extra $$ in my opinion.  Not that we've owned any other spa to compare it with.  We can control everything right from our seat without affecting other seats.  

I don't know about HP and all that other stuff.  I just know that we LOVE our Piper Glen!!!  It's been 4 months, we soak every night.  We comment at least 3-4 times per week that we LOVE our spa and it was fantastic investment!!!!

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 12:55:33 pm »
The Artesian Platinum series was our first choice until we saw the Arctic Tundra and it's Heatlock system. The Dove Canyon was my fiavorite due to the lounger but my wife and kids are smaller than I am and they floated a bit in it, so they liked the Piper Glen. We loved the individual controls as described by others here and the number of jets thruout (including the cool down seat in the Dove), but the 3 downsides were the FF process, the waterfall located behind one of the seats, and the lack of power in the footwell jets. But overall, a good choice if you are in the $10-11k range.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 01:37:10 pm »
I have to ask what in your opinion is the downside of the FF process?

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 01:44:10 pm »
I have to ask what in your opinion is the downside of the FF process?
Good question, sledjunkie. Please see my new post under 'who is telling the truth, Arctic or Beachcomber?' I try my best to explain my position and why I made the choice I did. I have no vested interest; rather just try and tell the truth. Hope my info helps.

hotelier

• Artesian Onyx Owner
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 04:32:34 pm »
I have the Gold series Onyx, 2 6HP, 1 3HP, and 1 circ pumps.  I enjoy the power of the Artesian.  My wife likes to dial it back a bit, so the direct flow feature comes in handy.  I chose the Gold series to save a few $$ over the platinum with most of the functionality.  Usually it is just my wife and I, so having two seats controlled by one direct flow control is not a problem.  

hymbaw

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 11:18:09 am »
I just finished reading about Direct Flow, the system in Artesians platinum class that utilizes a seperate pump for each seat,

Gee, where are all the people that are quick to throw out the "it's just a sales gimmick" line to any post regarding exclusive features on Sundance or Hot Springs spas?
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

shabba34

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 11:26:24 am »
I just finished reading about Direct Flow, the system in Artesians platinum class that utilizes a seperate pump for each seat,

Gee, where are all the people that are quick to throw out the "it's just a sales gimmick" line to any post regarding exclusive features on Sundance or Hot Springs spas?
It's just a sales gimmick! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 11:26:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42