What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Sunday Dealer mini-tour  (Read 1621 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
My Sunday Dealer mini-tour
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:31:19 pm »
My wife was getting her hair done on Sunday so after that I headed off to two of my regular dealer visits.  First up was the local Hot Springs/Cal Spa dealer.  They had recently expanded. For about a year they moved the spas down the street during the remodel.  Now they are all back in one building. (They sell spas, saunas, fireplaces, billiards, lawn and garden stuff and probably more.  This dealer always had the best price on Dichlor. I can't remember the last time I bought a 5# bottle of Leasure Time Dichlor, but I think there was snow on the ground.  Anyway, there has been talk of higher gas prices driving the price of everything else up. Prices here are back to around $2.10, which is probably where they were last time.  I was happy to see the Dichlor was still $22.96.   The new spa floor looked nice, they definitely could put more spas on the floor and they added a place for 5 wet spas for wet testing.  In it I saw a couple of the Cal Spas with the "stone" sides.  The one that Zep shows us on occasion.  I thought it looked as good in person, though it would look out of place in my yard.

I did see the full line of 06 cal and HS models. They had the guts of a moto massage sitting out and I showed it to my wife in the same manner Term used it in his recent movie saga.  ;D

After that we went to the nearby Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer where we ran into our forum's own MJB.  Here I finally broke down and bought some 303 product protector.  I've been meaning to try this for a long time and finally bought a $17 bottle.  I've been using something from Marquart? I think its called.  After application I would definitely say my cover looks better with the 303.  Usually after it dries I can see some dryness on the cover. (its 2 years old)  This time all I could see was where I mised applying the stuff. (Its a 92"x92" cover) .  I touched up those spots and it looks great.

Oh, by the way, even after the upgrade the Sundance dealer still has the nicer wet test room and facilities that are conducive to wet testing.  (In my opinion the best overal show room I have seen)

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

My Sunday Dealer mini-tour
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:31:19 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: My Sunday Dealer mini-tour
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:20:32 pm »
I should have taken a before picture as it did looked dried and cracked. Instead, maybe I'll take a one month after photo and see how relevant that is.  I left this full sized. Again, this is a 2 year old + cover.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 09:20:45 pm »
  This dealer always had the best price on Dichlor. I can't remember the last time I bought a 5# bottle of Leasure Time Dichlor, but I think there was snow on the ground.  Anyway, there has been talk of higher gas prices driving the price of everything else up. Prices here are back to around $2.10, which is probably where they were last time.  I was happy to see the Dichlor was still $22.96.  
spots and it looks great.

Gas here is $2.18 today and my new bottle of Spa 56 Dichlor (5 pounds) was $34.99.  ($37.26 with tax)  
2005 HS Vanguard

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 09:43:44 pm »
Wow, I paid $2.75 for regular today in California.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 10:11:44 pm »
I can remember when the pay-at-the-pump would stop at $50 and I would have to put the card in again to get the tank filled. Couple of weeks ago I filled up the boat and the truck, and was delighted to find that the pump went to $75 before I had to stick the card back in again.

Oh boy....

:o
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 10:11:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42