What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics of cleaning tub/4 year ownership report  (Read 3485 times)

autoplay

Pics of cleaning tub/4 year ownership report
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:19:47 pm »
I own and operate a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia.  Has been virtually trouble free,and the 2 warranty issues I had,were resolved in a timely and professional manner.

We purchased tub in March of 03,and if I recall,we received tub in late april,early may of 03. 2-3 months into ownership,we had a problem with the "spl-glo" lighting on the outside of the tub,and it was resolved by the dealer,within 6 weeks of calling. It was a defective heatsink issue,that affected the controller.  About 6 months into ownership,the secondary controller,a rubber button had a tear/cut in it. Called dealer,and that was resolved in less than 4 weeks. They replaced the entire secondary control panel. Also,upon delivery of tub,they sent us a "grey" cover,and we had ordered a redwood looking cover.  Was told it was a factory delivery error,and to use the grey 1 till the redwood cover came in.  That was resolved in a reasonable amount of time.  Looking back on it though,I believe the grey cover was better,as it appeared to had thicker foam inserts. Both had/have same Caldera logo on cover.

Getting tired,so gonna post a few of the pics in this story,and will continue when I can....

These first few pics,are from when I started cleaning the tub,after I had let it sit for 3+ weeks.  I got tired up into other stuff,and neglected my tub :(

I used a shop-vac to get the remaining water out,and I use it on every orafice,to get as much out as I can. I only use the shop-vac yearly,when doing a though cleaning.

Will try to describe MY cleaning process/steps,so possible it might help someone else out. Bare with me peeps,busy busy as of late,and I'm not the fastest pecker this side of the internet lol.

Hot Tub Forum

Pics of cleaning tub/4 year ownership report
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:19:47 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Pics of cleaning tub/4 year ownership report
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:31 pm »

Will try to describe MY cleaning process/steps,so possible it might help someone else out. Bare with me peeps,busy busy as of late,and I'm not the fastest pecker this side of the internet lol.

With all of this you had me fooled. ;)

[glow]BFG nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
COOLER MASTER Stacker 810
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card x2
AeroCool PowerWatch-BK Controller, Panel
ASUS 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write Beige E-IDE/ATAPI
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
Microsoft Windows XP Home Sp2b
CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink
BenQ FP241W Black 24" 16ms (6ms GTG) DVI Widescreen[/glow]

p.s- I don't know what any of it is besides XP and 24" widescreen.

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:15:05 pm »
LOL WhyNot...maybe I do have a few fooled with my abilities ;)

Ok,to continue.....After filling it up with water,I had a bunch of foam,which was caused from the cleaners I used.  I turned everything on high,opened the ait jets etc....and let it bubble/foam for about 45 minutes. Then in-between doing other things around the house,including maintaining the pool,I skimmed off the bubbles/foam,with my pool  skimmer net. Works great for that application,and the results are perfect water,as will be seen in future pics in this thread.  Here's pics of the foam,bubbles,after first water fill.

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 10:16:21 am »
Ordered a set of filters from the Doc.  I uses my used but cleaned filters,during the cleaning process. After skimming off the foam/bubbles, I drained it once again,and used the shop vac on everything....to get as much of the old water out,as possible. I then filled her again.

I use a shop vac extension over the spa hose drain,and drain the water in our pool. As our pool was low on water at the time,refilling the spa twice essentially,cost us nothing.

autoplay

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 07:34:06 pm »
Upon final fill,after all the soap etc from cleaning,was removed.

The last few pics,I had everything on high,and as you can see,little/no foaming/bubbles.

Wifey gettin ready to race ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:17:45 pm »
We bought tubs the same month, but it looks like you got your Mustang sooner though.  I did my cleaning during an earlier warm spell in March.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:17:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42