What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My hot tub is getting warmer  (Read 20574 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: My hot tub is getting warmer
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 04:39:24 pm »
You noticed I've been working out, huh! ;D

I agree with Brewman about Imus being fired by his employer and them being completely within their rights to do so.  I've listened to him a few times and found him to be a reprehensible, smarmy jackass....so I excercised my right to change the channel.

The only reason he was fired is because certain entities made a big enough commotion to cause his sponsors to pull out.  When MSNBC and CBS lost that revenue, then they sent him packing.  Follow the money...always!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 04:39:24 pm »

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 08:09:47 pm »
Imnus was fired because he was "public" enough to be noticed.  I have to say to say this is another BS move (Firing Imnus) when we buy rap records in droves that talk about far worse things.   No, I'm not advocating Imnus's remarks, I am simply saying he's a scapegoat in the face of a lot worse public behavior that is sanctioned on a daily basis.

I also want to say this about the Global Warming hoax.  Yes, it is a hoax as it has become an industry flooded with money.  Thats right, global warming has become an industry.  Watch the movie folks.  Incidentally, I have never said that those that believe in global warming are "trolls".  I believe I said they have simply been mislead.  Man kind is a mere spec on this earth.  The idea that we could influence our climate by releasing C02 is absurd.  Please folks, watch the movie.

Thanks Bill for letting this live!  I'm going out to my newly cleaned and fresh water tub tonight and have a cold one.  

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58:02 pm »

How is this ho tub related?

Man, I hope you put some chlorine in that.  ;)
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 12:08:41 am »
Apparently, I'm in the minority here in realizing that global warming is a reality. Unlike a lot of social issues, where reading the "other side" makes me angry and gets me worked up to write back a huge reply, global warming doesn't do that to me. That's because the so-called "debate" is over. The reason for this is that ALL THE SCIENTISTS IN THE WORLD know it's true, and have ended the argument. Those who think global warming isn't real can join those who yell and scream that the moon landing is a hoax, and spend their time with the people chasing down the Loch Ness Monster. Go ahead, make some noise and waste your time. It doesn't bother me.

So no, I didn't watch the video. I'm one of those many liberal lemmings who have decide that if ALL THE SCIENTISTS IN THE WORLD think something is true, it's good enough for me.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 12:53:48 am »
Apparently, I'm in the minority here in realizing that global warming is a reality. Unlike a lot of social issues, where reading the "other side" makes me angry and gets me worked up to write back a huge reply, global warming doesn't do that to me. That's because the so-called "debate" is over. The reason for this is that ALL THE SCIENTISTS IN THE WORLD know it's true, and have ended the argument. Those who think global warming isn't real can join those who yell and scream that the moon landing is a hoax, and spend their time with the people chasing down the Loch Ness Monster. Go ahead, make some noise and waste your time. It doesn't bother me.

So no, I didn't watch the video. I'm one of those many liberal lemmings who have decide that if ALL THE SCIENTISTS IN THE WORLD think something is true, it's good enough for me.

It's funny you posted this ... as I was going through the posts I was wondering how many of the posters have a scientific background to be able to say that it's a hoax. I saw Al Gore's movie and if the photo's and the video of what was on his movie were real ... it's a scary thing. I do realize that some of it was politicing but it made me think.

Living in NJ, driving to work BY MYSELF, I see hundreds of cars everyday with the same scene as mine ... driving to work by themselves. I own 2 cars and have another company car, my oldest will be getting my car next year. 3 cars for 1 family, wasn't like that in the 60's. All the electricity we need to run our houses, wasn't like that in the 60's. Also, we all have heard for years about the rainforests being removed for housing and farming, Asia is becoming a "new America" - their middle income economy is growing while ours is shrinking ... more money for more goods ... people prosper and have more children ...

I for 1 believe that global warming is a real threat. I am not a scientist but studied engineering for 3 years (unfortunately I am not a degreed engineer). Reading some of the things of what's happening makes sense how the scientists are desribing things. If the top scientists of the world are worried, maybe we should be too. Are they being dramatic, possibly to get people's attention. Remember just a little while ago most people never heard of Tsunamis except on Gilligans Island ... all of a sudden their happening all over the place.

Have your thoughts but I think people much smarter than ourselves are really trying to save the world for a good reason.

anne

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 02:03:08 am »
Thank you Vinny! I'm going to stick out my neck and say that there is not a single person here whose "opinion" on the reality of global warming matters jack-shite. Didn't know you all were so scientifically educated.

It really doesn't matter whether it is real or not, or if it is us creating it or just part of  a bigger geologic picture. We as a species are singlehandedly responsible for literally changing the face of the earth even WITHOUT the warming debate.

Go ahead and joke about it. Say you dont care what happens 10-15 generations from now. You're just being human.
Dance like nobody's watching

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 06:10:56 am »
Thank you Vinny! I'm going to stick out my neck and say that there is not a single person here whose "opinion" on the reality of global warming matters jack-shite. Didn't know you all were so scientifically educated.

It really doesn't matter whether it is real or not, or if it is us creating it or just part of  a bigger geologic picture. We as a species are singlehandedly responsible for literally changing the face of the earth even WITHOUT the warming debate.

Go ahead and joke about it. Say you dont care what happens 10-15 generations from now. You're just being human.

Lest we not forget 10-15 generations is 1000-1500 years. The year 3007-3507 What was going on on this planet in the year 507-1007?? Somebody look that up!!
Retired

tommy tunes

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 10:03:29 am »
Yes, we are going through a climate change.  How much is directly related to our use of the planet? Hard to say.  What is known from geological evidence is that our climate has changed manytimes before.  The planet has a cycle.  But I tend to lean toward the other scientific theory that has been stated....Earth's orbit cycle is at the point where we are gradually getting closer to the sun.  This will go on for some time, and then it will reverse and expand outward and Earth will begin to cool again.

Should we find cleaner fuel sources that are better for the planet?  ABSOLUTELY!  But as they say, follow the money.  If a select few can't get rich off it, if the government can't regulate it or tax it, it's NOT going to happen.

[rant about world violence and self destruction edited out]

IMUS got canned because he stepped over the line of professionalism.  I've seen this happen before.  Any of you heard of "Opie and Anthony"?  They were afternoon dj's on WAAF in Boston.  They pulled some good stunts that were real funny, but one April 1st (April Fool's day to you and me) when EVERYONE knew the govenor was at some big public political thing they play a joke by saying he and his family were killed in a plane crash on their way to someplace entirely different.  The govenors office got flooded with calls and some minor panic insued for a short period of time before they recanted and said it was an April Fool's joke.  They were fired almost instantly.  I give IMUS credit though.  As a Liberal he held his job longer than any consertive would have in the same situation.

So, live well, live happy ;), and try to get along because on December 23 2012 the world as we know it will come to an end.  I KNOW this is true, BECAUSE I SAW IT ON TV!

He who controls the media, controls the world........

Reese

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 07:28:04 pm »
WOW Reese, Hit a sore spot did they... As to the other subjects mentioned by you, what is wrong with a little discussion on them. We still have our right to free speech, Don't we?
Yes, I never care for extemists on either side who present their position as the only answer, and label dissenting opinions as "bunk", "crap", "lies" or "hoax" -- or the people that disagree with them as "simple-minded lemmings".  It has nothing to do with free speech, just civility and respect.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 11:28:27 pm »

Lest we not forget 10-15 generations is 1000-1500 years. The year 3007-3507 What was going on on this planet in the year 507-1007?? Somebody look that up!!

A generation is not 100 years. A generation is usually considered to be 10-20 years.

96SC

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 11:52:07 pm »
You noticed I've been working out, huh! ;D

The only reason he was fired is because certain entities made a big enough commotion to cause his sponsors to pull out.  When MSNBC and CBS lost that revenue, then they sent him packing.  Follow the money...always!

Terminator

Speaking of entities, I wonder why they aren't lining up to apologize to the Duke lacrosse players they so venemously declared guilty.   >:( >:(
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 05:51:16 am »

A generation is not 100 years. A generation is usually considered to be 10-20 years.

A generation of people is 100 years, or depending on the average life expectancy. Which I think now is 80 or something. You must be think of a decade, then theres a century which is a hundred.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 05:52:13 am by Tman122 »
Retired

autoplay

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 10:07:20 am »
Can someone tell me if the earth is 1 giant,nuclear reactor? And if so,when will it run out of fuel?

Lastly,at what stage are we at,as far as the poles reversing?

Reese

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:55 am »
A generation of people is 100 years, or depending on the average life expectancy. Which I think now is 80 or something. You must be think of a decade, then theres a century which is a hundred.
With all due respect to Tman and DP Roberts, I think a generation is usually considered to be 15-40 years -- matching the human reproductive span.  I saw something once that defined an average generation as 22 years.  Tman, think of a single family with a 80 year old grandmother.  If every one has kids by the age of 20, there could be 5 generations alive at once.   DP, I'm wondering if your 10 year number comes from the groups demographers identify as having common experiences (Baby Boom, Gen X, etc).  While called "generations", they may be a subpart of a whole.

Regardless of your definition of generation, the current focus of global warming discussion is whether changes that are currently observed may have great impact before the end of this century -- not 10-15 generations.

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 02:47:26 pm »
According to Ancestry.com; "As a matter of common knowledge, we know that a generation averages about 25 years—from the birth of a parent to the birth of a child—although it varies case by case. We also generally accept that the length of a generation was closer to 20 years in earlier times when humans mated younger and life expectancies were shorter."

Now back to the Globa Warming issue.  Yes, this entire theory of Global Warming being caused by man, can be and is being called "bunk" not just by me a normal Joe but by others; including top scientists.  What I find so amusing is just like one of the top climatolgy scientists said in the movie; "should one harbor or offer an opinion even though it is based in fact on sound scientific fact, you will be labeled as a heretic.  I'm fine with being a heretic as our reasoning for deaclaring this entire notion of Globval Warming being caused by man as a lie is because our fact were and are established using scientific protocals driven by facts, not politics."

So I guess I and few others here are heretics as well.  Just remember we "Heretics" are not disputing that we are ina warming cycle, just the fact that it is "NOT" caused by mankind.  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 02:47:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42