What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My hot tub is getting warmer  (Read 20573 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: My hot tub is getting warmer
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 06:35:59 pm »
No...you Canadians will be sitting on some super duper prime real estate in, ohhhhh.....3-4 hundred years at the currnt pace, unless of course it turns and gets cold gain and the ocean currents shift back and ice gets thicker in the next 100 years as has happened in the past.  ;D
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 06:35:59 pm »

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »
No...you Canadians will be sitting on some super duper prime real estate in, ohhhhh.....3-4 hundred years at the currnt pace, unless of course it turns and gets cold gain and the ocean currents shift back and ice gets thicker in the next 100 years as has happened in the past.  ;D

I'm surprised Canadians even have time to worry about Global Warming, what with "the war" going on. >:(
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2007, 07:55:32 pm »

[size=36]PHEWWW ![/size]

At least now I can relax, knowing that this will not effect Canada and that we Canadians have not contributed to GW in any way ::)

Now thats funny!  LOL! ;D

And I cannot believe no one got a kick out of my Chines Al Gore remark!  I'm bummed!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2007, 08:35:53 pm »
In all honesty Global Warming is the last thing on my mind. There are [glow]FAR[/glow] greater concerns in the world right now. I for one would like all of it's attention and money to go to more productive research. For instance cures for Cancer, just to name one of thousands. Brewman brought up a great point about all of us being hot tub owners. How can all the people here who are soooooo energy conscience own a hot tub? Are you serious? If you're really that concerned you shouldn't even be veiwing this post. I wonder how much power I'm wasting while logged on right now just for my enjoyment? Excuse me, I'm gonna go give mother nature a good 20 minute roast in my tub.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:42:02 pm by WHY_NOT »

anne

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 12:58:48 am »
My dad used to piss me off by saying "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

The context when I was 10 was that I was not doing much about my brothers squabbling.

The context when I was a teen usually had something to do with household chores, or again, my brothers and my ability to silently make them seem guilty of something.

I figured out when I was about 16 that there was a much bigger context.

Seems that some of us still have to figure that out.
Dance like nobody's watching

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 05:18:03 am »
My dad used to piss me off by saying "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

The context when I was 10 was that I was not doing much about my brothers squabbling.

The context when I was a teen usually had something to do with household chores, or again, my brothers and my ability to silently make them seem guilty of something.

I figured out when I was about 16 that there was a much bigger context.

Seems that some of us still have to figure that out.

I'm assuming you are still listing yourself as part of the problem Anne? As we all are, if there is a problem?
Retired

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2007, 04:55:12 pm »

Quoting web sites is not proof. Peer reviewed scientific studies are proof. Any review or analysis of the scientific evidence shows support for the "global warming" issue. For example, a Science Magazine article (3 December 2004) showed that of 928 research articles that mentioned global warming in their abstracts, 75% supported the idea that humans are causing global warming. 25% mentioned global warming, but did not directly attribute a cause. But ZERO percent - not one single study - refuted human-caused global warming.

Quote all the web sites and "experts" you want. I would be very interested in hearing about any study of the literature that showed otherwise. If the conclusions mentioned above - which are also the conclusions mentioned in the recent IPCC report and Al Gore's video - are wrong, then you are correct and global warming is a myth, and I will gladly recant everything I have said.

DP, When you say any review or all the researchers come to this or that point leads me to question that. I think what campsalot was saying is for all the opinions claiming humans are causing GW you can find a substantial amount of equally educated opinions to the contrary. I don't disagree with GW but question weather it is man made or a natural occurence. Maybe Hoax was a poor choice of words. I find it interesting that if someone agrees with me we get called names and our sources are puppets of big oil. As somebody said follow the money and it leads to lots of GOVERNMENT Grants and painting the US as the worst. One simple comment on renewable resources. There are more trees in the US today than 100 yrs ago. Source the Arbor Day Foundation. Bottom line is we do need to conserve more and use less.  

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2007, 07:26:52 pm »

DP, When you say any review or all the researchers come to this or that point leads me to question that. I think what campsalot was saying is for all the opinions claiming humans are causing GW you can find a substantial amount of equally educated opinions to the contrary.

My problem with these "educated opinions" is how people come to their educated conclusions when there's no research that would logically lead them to this conclusion.

For example, I really like the idea of nationalized health care. Most left-leaning people do. However, when you look at the evidence- like the number of people around the world who come to the U.S. when they want the best health care in the world. I like the idea of health care being available to everyone, and I think our country needs to do more to make sure that people who are really sick can get the help they need. However, I just don't see the evidence that would lead anyone to the conclusion that nationalized health care is a good idea.

So, that's the same problem I have with gobal warming. If maybe 10% or 20% of the research showed that humans weren't causing the problem, I would still tend to believe it's happening. It would also give the anti-global warming people a leg to stand on. However, when there's no research at all, I just don't see where the argument is.

I don't disagree with GW but question weather it is man made or a natural occurence. Maybe Hoax was a poor choice of words. I find it interesting that if someone agrees with me we get called names and our sources are puppets of big oil. As somebody said follow the money and it leads to lots of GOVERNMENT Grants and painting the US as the worst. One simple comment on renewable resources. There are more trees in the US today than 100 yrs ago. Source the Arbor Day Foundation. Bottom line is we do need to conserve more and use less.  

As for the U.S. being the worst - we are, for now. As someone brought up earlier, China is catching up fast. I heard earlier today that China will pass the U.S. in CO2 emissions NEXT YEAR. That's pretty amazing, when you consider how fast they're still industrializing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:27:33 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2007, 08:40:57 pm »
Listen folks, left or right, we all hang out here for one reason!  That's right, we all love Term! No, just kidding!  Actually we hang out here because we have things in common (hot tubs) among other things.  I posted the entire GW string because it irritates my butt that people out there believe something just because; "they heard or were told or they saw".  Sometimes I think we all have a little Lemming in us!  
No I do not buy into the fact that mankind is causing GW.  Yes, the Earth is warming; however, it has in the past on several occasions.
I think we, are for the most part educated people or we would be on "Im the Im's" forum discussing our heavenly Ravens!  Since we are not, we should agree to disagree.  Yes, even though we are right! ;D
This has been an enjoyable string!

anne

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2007, 01:56:39 am »

I'm assuming you are still listing yourself as part of the problem Anne? As we all are, if there is a problem?

Yes, we are all part of the problem, but that was not my point.

Any yes, of course there is a problem. There is no "if."

This thread has started to bum me out.
Dance like nobody's watching

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2007, 05:33:57 am »

Yes, we are all part of the problem, but that was not my point.

Any yes, of course there is a problem. There is no "if."

This thread has started to bum me out.

Don't be bummed out. Rather than be so ademently convinced by one side of the argument and bummed that alot seem to not view it the same way. Be happy that there JUST MAY BE some validity to the other side of the argument, investigate it and rejoice in the fact that it MAY NOT be the end of our society, or the next, or then next, or the next, or the next.......you get the idea.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2007, 05:33:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42