What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone try SpaAudio II?  (Read 6965 times)

hawkman

Anyone try SpaAudio II?
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:02:35 am »
Has anyone tried the Spaudio II from HS? Was thinking about getting it on the envoy.. what does it run in terms of cost? Are the 2 external speakers that come with it wireless?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone try SpaAudio II?
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:02:35 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Anyone try SpaAudio II?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:29:38 am »
I've got one ordered for the showroom that should be in next week.  I have heard it at the dealer conference and it was outstanding!  The speakers are NOT wireless, though.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 11:46:06 am »
I have it on a wet spa on the showroom. It sounds much better than the Spaudio (I) did. The part in the tub is about the same, the external speakers are fairly large, no-name Chinese items which suprised me by how good they sound.

In my opinion, the best sound comes when you put the speakers near the spa and use the Transducers ('internal' sound) to augment the bass. Now we're talking!

The CD/MP3 deck works like a champ: I can even get FM stations clearly, which was always a problem for me on the Caldera systems which use a similar deck.

The price is very likely to end up around $2000, but please keep in mind that the price is for a very complete package: the Deck, the four-channel digital amp, the internal Transducers and the External speakers PLUS the remote.

The remote is a big part of the new system because it is the only way you can control the EQ and Volume of the internal and external systems - which can be set up independantly of each other.

Also, you can plug into the Aux input of the deck and play your Ipod through the system.

The wires which lead to the external speakers are direct burial, about fourty feet long, and are easy to work with: they can be detatched from the speakers if longer or different wires need to be used.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 11:48:31 am »
Forgot to say: the remote also runs the whole spa, jets, temp, lighting, color changing, stereo, channel or track on the CD Deck, and you can keep it inside and use it to check/adjust the temp of the tub from the house.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:36:27 pm »
With all due respect to good quality, but that has got to be one AWESOME sound system to go for that kind of money.  I know the SD system will do all of that except check the temp inside the house and we would sheepishly ask half that amount with the remote.  We must have been giving them away.

Again, with all due respect I am not a HS dealer and I don't know anything about their SpaAudio II, I have seen the SpaAudio I and it just seemed to be speakers with an auxilary jack.  What is in the NEW SpaAudio?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:59:17 pm »
What is in the NEW SpaAudio?

As I posted above, the Spaudio II includes the following:
  • Sony CD Deck. High end, water resistant. Plays MP3 disks.
  • Four-channel Digital power amp - purpose-built, over 300 watts per ch.
  • Two transducers.
  • Two outdoor speakers
  • direct-burial wire for above
  • ETL listing for the whole system
  • Waterproof remote control which also integrates control of the spa itself
  • Installation
  • The system is still the only one I know of which so completely integrates with the tub. If you want to run the outdoor speaker in another part of the yard, you may - and you can control them seperately from the rest of the tub.

I have heard the Sundance system. It sounds great - I mean really great. But the Spaudio II sounds every bit as good AND is integrated into the whole tub and the whole soaking experience.  

If you want to install a tub AND a sound system for your yard, you sure can. But if you want to have sound in the water with you, outdoor speakers to put wherever you want, and complete integration with the tub (and no speakers in or on the tub) this is a good way to go.

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 01:29:56 pm »
I have heard the Sundance system. It sounds great - I mean really great. But the Spaudio II sounds every bit as good AND is integrated into the whole tub and the whole soaking experience.

So you know the Sundance remote DOES control the jets, blower, and lights.

How exactly are external speakers "integrated".

I would venture a guess that the amp on the new system is 300 TOTAL watts, not watts per channel.

That being said... I'm a big fan of transducers and I'm sure the system sounds great. But you're about $1000 high on the price.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

bwbski22

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:35:32 pm »
so your saying this spaudio II is a 1200 watt system??  

anne

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 07:42:38 pm »
My boyfriend is definitely rubbing off on me- even I get agitated now when people focus on WATTS. Greater wattage does not mean better or even louder sound.
Dance like nobody's watching

Micah

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 08:42:43 pm »
My boyfriend is definitely rubbing off on me- even I get agitated now when people focus on WATTS. Greater wattage does not mean better or even louder sound.

A company named Harmon Kardon is a good example.  They have 85 watt home systems that are louder, power more speakers and sound better than other brands with 500 watts
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 08:57:53 pm »
there is so much more to sound than watts...first if you want something to play louder to gain 3 dB's of sound you must double the wattage for example 100 amp will play as loud as a 150 watt amp but it will not be as clean sounding to play louder you would need to have a 200 watt amp and the difference than would only be 3dbs.....but speaker efficiently is huge in sound some speakers sound great but are power hungry and require more watts to drive them.....the biggest thing that blows speakers and amps is over driving them where people continue to turn up the sound because the knob keeps turning but the unit has stopped putting out clean power....amp are much like motors and horse power you have a peak for both and than a continues use or RMS of power ratings and very few units of anything for a home is 300 RMS watts per channel and not a chance of being 1200.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 10:55:07 pm »
no-name Chinese items which suprised me by how good they sound.

Did you say Chinese? At that price I'm surprised they used cheap components. ???
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 11:26:18 pm »

Did you say Chinese? At that price I'm surprised they used cheap components. ???

Well, I don't generally connect Chinese audio stuff with high end, but these do sound good. However, if you want, you certainly can use them for now and add just about any speaker you would like down the road. That's the beauty of having both the Transducers and external speakers.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:29:45 pm »
I would venture a guess that the amp on the new system is 300 TOTAL watts, not watts per channel.
Have you seen the amp? The thing is huge and weighs a ton. Huge torroidal transformer. The new system is supposed to be as powerful as the old.

But I will call the mother ship and ask to be sure.

I know this: I was told 300 watts RMS per channel on the old system, and I sure replaced a lot of transducers for folks who simply turned the volume way up and fried the things.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:31:01 pm by Chas »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 12:53:23 am »
Chas,

I am not saying it can't be 300 watts but that's a lot of rms power...I would assume it is a 2 channel (600 watt total) amp and at less than 1% THD....if it is above that than its not really 300 watts per channel. I would have to wonder or ask why all the blown Transducers...I mean the system you would think ...would match power and power handling capacity .....Marquis has some what of a similar system ...I am only speaking personally here but I am not a fan of any Spa system...I think this is because of  back round of selling home/car audio and DJ equipment for 10 years. I just feel you can put together a total backyard system for less than what you will pay for one that is in a spa and that applies to just about any spa......but that just my personal feeling.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:57:46 am by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 12:53:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42