What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Filters  (Read 17810 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Sundance Filters
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 10:39:00 am »

Look in the middle of a double ended 125sq. ft. filter.  There is a wall close to one side.  That section was used to handel the small circulation pump.  That wall is why you cannot use that filter.  

But there are pleated filters that will handle the configuration.  I am not questioning the superiority of the microcleanII filter, but I understand there is an option.  There is also an option for those who don't want to use the microclean I system.  It is a single pleated filter similar to the older type SD systems.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 10:39:00 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 11:11:24 am »
The double ended 125 sq. ft. filter will work for the microclean I filter setup.  They both separate the ciculation pump from the main pump.  

If there is a double ended 125 sq. ft. filter with no wall, then I don't see why that wouldn't work.

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 09:30:40 am »
Straight from the manual:

Your Sundance hot tub is equipped a high-efficiency MicroClean II filter cartridge under the filter lid (Figures G-J, Page 18-21). Debris is filtered by the circulation pump drawing water through this cartridge 24-hours a day, 7 days a week (unless programmed otherwise.) To ensure optimum
performance, replace this cartridge every 6 months or as needed. This filter cannot be cleaned and reused and MUST be thrown out after use.

ALSO from the manual:
Replacement MicroClean II filter cartridges may be purchased from your Sundance dealer. An optional pleated filter cartridge is also available from your Sundance dealer. This filter can be cleaned and reused for up to two years but does not maintain the same water quality and clarity as the standard MicroClean II cartridge.

Speaking of wich, what is the part number for microclean 2? I am trying to find a place online to purchase them since they are 200$ canadian from the dealer and they dont last me 12 months.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 09:35:38 am by AAAAAAA »

hymbaw

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 12:07:15 pm »

Your Sundance hot tub is equipped a high-efficiency MicroClean II filter cartridge under the filter lid (Figures G-J, Page 18-21). Debris is filtered by the circulation pump drawing water through this cartridge 24-hours a day, 7 days a week (unless programmed otherwise.) To ensure optimum
performance, replace this cartridge every 6 months or as needed. This filter cannot be cleaned and reused and MUST be thrown out after use.

ALSO from the manual:
Replacement MicroClean II filter cartridges may be purchased from your Sundance dealer. An optional pleated filter cartridge is also available from your Sundance dealer. This filter can be cleaned and reused for up to two years but does not maintain the same water quality and clarity as the standard MicroClean II cartridge.

Wow, that's good information to see the manufacturer clearly states it's a viable option. I guess I can't get away from the "throw away" part of all of this plus you'll save some $$ over having to spend $90+ every 6 to 9 months.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 12:49:55 pm »
The throwaway filter came with my 05 Optima, but I bought one of the washable ones also. My disposable lasted 2 water changes (8 months).

I will warn you not to try and wash out the throwaway. I tried with mine after the first water change, and realized that it could be damaged.

It started to fall apart a few weeks prior to when I planned the second water change, so I used the washable one in the interim. If I hadn't messed with it on the first water change, it may have lasted longer, time will tell.

I paid around $75 for the disposable replacement. The time and energy I save not having to wash this thing is WELL WORTH IT!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 12:53:42 pm »
OK, let's summarize:

I wonder if you choose to not replace the microclean II filter and just let the regular filter do the work?

The MicroClean II is the ONLY filter on the 880 series tubs.

Anne, I believe they are refering to the 125 sq. ft. traditional pleated filter that Sundance used in the past. They are the same size as the Microclean II, so they do fit. They are not reccomended.

The tubs weren't designed for them. That should be enough for you, but I have a feeling it's not.

The pleated filter was designed with 2 parts.  1 section for the ciirculation pump, and one for the 2 speed pump. The new filter has only 1 pump pulling through it because the filtration is totally separated from the main pump system.  That pump will pull unevenly through the filter because of how it is seaparated.  That is why it is not reccomended.

I'm sure that Noblewinds knows more about Sundance spas than the people that design/build them. I already said that it will "fit".

This is why the filter will not work.  The filter that "fits" was designed as a 2 part filter.  1 section for the small circ pump, 1 section for the main pump.  The 2 part filter will replace the microclean 1, but not the microclean II.  

Look in the middle of a double ended 125sq. ft. filter.  There is a wall close to one side.  That section was used to handel the small circulation pump.  That wall is why you cannot use that filter.  

The double ended 125 sq. ft. filter will work for the microclean I filter setup.  They both separate the ciculation pump from the main pump. If there is a double ended 125 sq. ft. filter with no wall, then I don't see why that wouldn't work.

If I'm a newbie looking at this discussion, I'm totally lost.

Now someone quotes the manual and SURPRISE, it says something else.

Why is THAT?

Drewski

???

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 01:24:15 pm »
If I'm a newbie looking at this discussion, I'm totally lost.

Now someone quotes the manual and SURPRISE, it says something else.

Why is THAT?

Drewski

???

Hmm, I wonder if he was quoting this year's manual. We might want to have that point made clear.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 01:28:19 pm »
He is quoting the correct manual.  Well, I guess that is what happens when the engineers don't talk to the marketing team :P

I can only say that what I am saying is what I was told from the engineers out at Sundance.  As far as the filter goes, I guess if it fits, it will work.

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »
I quoted from the 05 maxxus manual.

I dont know about you guys but I trust the manual, its always steared me in the right direction. I will be following its advice.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 02:06:43 pm by AAAAAAA »

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 02:25:17 pm »
Well I sure wouldn't go by factory info. I called the factory about an issue with my remote. That controls the stereo sound levels, lights, pumps, air blower and sound syncrozations, that raises the level of sound when the pumps are on automatically. The Factory engineer said that the extra buttons were on there from other uses by other manufatures. Hymbaw said it will work. He was right. So this proves that the factory is not always right.

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 02:30:33 pm »
I just quit trying to use my remote. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 02:30:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42