What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Spatech(s)  (Read 2282 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Question for Spatech(s)
« on: March 19, 2006, 10:40:11 pm »
Or anyone else that has experience for that matter.  My tub needed a little shock tonight so I dumped in big dose of dichlor.  Frequently when I do this I think about the waterfalls.  There are two of them, they came with the tub, I wouldn't have special ordered them. I rarely use them, but can't say never.   When shocking I wondered if I should occasionally run the waterfalls so that they get cleaned out.  For those of you who have looked, does algea, mold, or other nasties grow up inside little used waterfalls on otherwise well maintained tubs?  I figured you would be the ones who would know.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Spatech(s)
« on: March 19, 2006, 10:40:11 pm »

Chuck_55

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Question for Spatech(s)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:58:54 pm »
What kind of Spa ?
Does it have plurge cycle that runs 1 minute or 3 to clear all plumbing & blow out the system? If one of the top ten would think, Most likely.
good evening to ya
Chuck 55 ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:04:52 am »
It is generally a good idea to run chorinated water through all systems, especially systems which aren't used all the time.

;)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:04:53 am »
Running the waterfall occassionally makes sense.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:18:53 am »
I follow advice I got from others on this board;  I leave diverter valves in the mid position so all lines get flushed during filter cycles; I also leave the waterfalls "trickling" for the reason you cite...preventing potential growth of unpleasant things.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 01:01:19 am »
I follow advice I got from others on this board;  I leave diverter valves in the mid position so all lines get flushed during filter cycles; I also leave the waterfalls "trickling" for the reason you cite...preventing potential growth of unpleasant things.

There's the answer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 08:28:42 am »
Makes sense to me to be sure that all plumbing gets regular water circulation.  
Our Optima has what I think is called a "blowout" function, where each day at noon all pumps activate for several minutes to make sure that stale water is pushed out of the pipes.  And we got the same advice in our owners manual- leave all valves in the middle when spa isn't in use.

I've also learned thru experience to be sure to use things every so often, just to keep em running.  Especially mechanical items like cars, spas, anything mechanical.  Seals and valves can get defective if they are left alone too long.  
Water shutoff's are notorious for going bad if they aren't used occasionally.  In our first house the water main wouldn't totally stop water, it trickled thru the valve because I hardly every used the valve.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:32:56 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 08:28:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42