What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hi chlorine  (Read 4487 times)

comet1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hi chlorine
« on: March 15, 2006, 12:00:42 pm »
New to tubbing had tub for 6mts refilled twice now but chlorine still high total and free turned dispenser down to 1/2 still high also wife has developed a bad rash after using tub shock once a week with artic refresh all other levels are ok does any one have any  advise on this help

Hot Tub Forum

hi chlorine
« on: March 15, 2006, 12:00:42 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re:  hi chlorine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:06:24 pm »
New to tubbing had tub for 6mts refilled twice now but chlorine still high total and free turned dispenser down to 1/2 still high also wife has developed a bad rash after using tub shock once a week with artic refresh all other levels are ok does any one have any  advise on this help

Are you using a chlorine floater?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 01:02:38 pm »
I thought there weren't any chlorine floaters for spas...... ???
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:06:38 pm »
I thought there weren't any chlorine floaters for spas...... ???

You are correct. This is an Artic  tub, and if  recall they usally used bromine via  a floater.   They are just using "chlorine in a generic sense.

Comet there is quite  a bit on this forum about high bromine  and rash.    Do a search  (make sure you extend the Max age feature) and you will find lots of decent info and others who have the same problem.  

07 Caldera Geneva

comet1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 07:30:05 pm »
yes i am using floating dis with chlorine pucks dealer sold me one with tub goind to drain half the water out and try adding chlorine after every use to get to right level

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 11:17:29 pm »
Not to disagree with your dealer, but I am not aware of any chlorine tablets for spas.  You are using pool chlorine.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 11:25:35 pm »

Refresh sounds like an enzyme to me? Do you know what this product is and the concentration?

comet1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 05:53:05 am »
refresh is (triple salt potassium monoperoxy sulphate) is dose rate is 75gm per 1500 ltr would i be better using cholrine as a shock

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 05:20:27 pm »
Refresh is non chlorine shock aka MPS.  You must be using trichlor pucks in a floater, generally considered to be something you don't do in a spa, but a couple of manufacturers allow it and some dealers may wrongly recommend it as an "easy" way to maintain your water.  I would suggest switching to dichlor after use and shocking with refresh weekly.  The very low pH of trichlor and the difficulty of maintaining a correct free chlorine level with a floater are most likely creating your problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 05:20:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42