What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spas for tall guys  (Read 7944 times)

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Spas for tall guys
« on: February 12, 2006, 06:35:25 pm »
I've been looking for a spa for me and my wife.  I have learned a lot reading the posts on this board.   I'm looking for some neck massage and my wife is looking for help with her lower back.

One problem is that I'm 6'4" and she is 5'4".   While I realize there is no universal fit, the spas all see to fit someone 6' and less. So far, I have looked at HotSpring,  Sundance and Master Spa. With these spas, the neck jets all hit me in the shoulder blades.  These have been all dry tests. The HS Grandee, with its seat design, will hit my neck if I slouch (even tho our mothers tell us not to).  Is there a spa geared more to us tall guys?

There are Marquis and Dimension One dealers in town that I will visit.  Any advice on different brands?

Thanks for all your help.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

Spas for tall guys
« on: February 12, 2006, 06:35:25 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spas for tall guys
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 06:38:10 pm »
I think the Artesian tubs in the Gold and Platinum series are good for taller people.

Maybe do a search on here for any info about any tubs for taller people.

Good luck.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 07:51:38 pm »
Bring a suit and towel and the same for your wife, only you can answer this question in the end.  There are submersible pillows but you wife might not like it.  If you dry test any, remember that were ever the dealer tells you the water level is, it will rise over one inch with two of you in the tub.  Make sure to wet test once you have narrowed it down.
Steve

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:07:27 pm »
Take a look at both D-1 and Artesian they both have long seats while D-1 has a dual lounge system that fits the tal guy and the short lady torso as well.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 08:19:13 pm »
How can you use an ISP called Buckeyecom and have a user name of Go Blue?  I can't even talk to you now!  I'm 6'2 and My Dynasty's neck jets fit me very well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 08:41:02 pm »
Arctic Tundra deep captains chairs, 38 1/4" in depth.  Deep deep tub on one side and a little higher on the other for shorter people.  Im 5 10 and the wife is an amazon at 6'  No problem.  

Arctic tundra one of deepest tubs in the market.

Also sundance Maxxus.  Very deep, but hefty price tag.  Well built.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 09:15:01 pm »
I am 6’2’’ and my Beachcomber 580 has two seats that are very deep and fit me well.  One has a neck jet and it hits me in the neck.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 09:54:38 pm »

Vinny brought up to great choices for tall people the Gold Series and Platinum Series by Artesian, specifically the Platinum Piper Glen and the Gold Emerald. These spas are super deep and with wide open seating with no loungers, there is plenty of room to stretch out, even for someone 6'6" tall. Many other brands offer deep comfortable spas for tall folks. The key as always, is to wet test, to be sure which is best for you. Goodluck. Dave.

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 11:07:43 pm »
So I had the same problem- I'm 6'5" and my wife is 5' 10" and we looked at and wet tested most of the major lines in our area: jacuzzi, hot springs, coleman, dimension 1, sundance, marquis and artesian. All were great tubs, but we finally settled on the artesian platinum series- dove canyon as it seemed to worked best for us. Ultimately it comes down to fit and comfort so wet testing is of course key for anyone as we're all a bit different!  

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 02:01:45 am »
Thanks for all the great input.  We'll be looking at a few more.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 07:35:44 am »
We had a similar problem, although not with quite the height difference as you. I'm 5'7, my husband 6'3...we're buying a Great Lakes Leelanau (now replaced by the G7). 7 person tub, cool down seat, what feels to be a very comfy lounger, 1 VERY deep seat with neck massage jets under it, one deep seat with a waterfall under the neck pillow....I like the variety of seating styles, depths, jet options, etc. I THINK that the G7 goes for about $7200....but I got the Leelanau (display model that had water in it on showroom floor) for under $6k. I believe the tub to have a lot of possibilities, but I guess I'll have to wait to properly find out.
Best of luck!!!!
RIP C-Rod

greggle781

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 08:55:26 am »
The Sundance Maxxus is the way to go for sure. I am     6'-4" and my wife is 5'-6". The lounge and the therapy seat are the deepest and perfect for me. They are kind of deep for my wife. The other 2 seats are perfect height for her. The price is alittle high but well worth it. $9200.00 on Long Island in December of 2005. But I have read about (on this forum) people paying more than that for other tubs that are nowhere near as nice as the Maxxus.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 08:55:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42