What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Happy Flag Day  (Read 8105 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Happy Flag Day
« on: June 14, 2005, 07:45:04 am »

Happy flag day to those fortunate to live under it, or within 100 miles of it, and especially to those born on this day  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Happy Flag Day
« on: June 14, 2005, 07:45:04 am »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Happy Flag Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:25:56 am »
I feel so forunate to have the flag and fredom  ;)that we all enjoy so much!It is a beautiful day here in Colorado, I can't hardly stand to waste it by going to work.I think I may hang the principal at my kids school,for the last week and a half I have seen no hide nor hair of the flag when dropping my son at school.
Anyway, everyone rejoice and thank a service person for all that we have as a great nation.I myself did not serve in the service,not by choice,I tried but as a kid shattered my ankle when it came time for pt they sent me home.I am very thankful for all they do!
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 01:13:21 pm »
thank a service person for all that we have as a great nation.

I assume you're referring to those in the military rather than spa service people. ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:23:06 pm »
military,fire,police and all others that serve us Americans.You can thank the service person for your hottub working if you ever needed him or her.that would be called "Spa Day" In which I would be thanking all the men and women of this and all of the forums that I pass the time away on. :D
-SpaMan~

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 04:17:07 pm »
In three weeks from today I will say goodbye to my 17 year old son who just graduated from highschool. He'll embark on the first airline flight of his young life, for Navy bootcamp somewhere around Chicago.

He's a typical teenager. He doesn't pick up after himself, doesn't do anything unless we hound him, spends money like water, sleeps till noon, stays up late, spends hours goofing around with his friends at the lake, eats junk food, chases girls...

In three weeks I'll put a typical carefree teenager who will still be 17 years old on a plane and give him to the US NAVY.

While other friends are talking about leaving for college, or taking time to figure there life out, he'll be leaving the nest for good.

He's never reconsidered his desire to join the Navy. He's looking at it as his duty, as an adventure, as a stepping stone in his life.

Mom on the other hand is a wreck. I've had to quit watching CNN and limit myself to what I read in the paper.

The world is a dangerous place and we should all remember that "Freedom Isn't Free"  

spaman--

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 04:36:04 pm »
Can you PM me his name as we have a prayer list at the church we put these guys and gals in a special place in our prayers every day!!Thanks-SpaMan~
-SpaMan~

spahappy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 07:00:52 pm »
Thanks, and let me take this opportunity to apologize for my posts which took on a far more combative tone than a professional one last Friday.

Spahappy :D

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 10:35:58 pm »
SpaHappy-

I have a son who will be 21 in Sept and a daughter who just turned 18 two weeks ago.  Neither have ever expressed a desire to go into the service.  In a way, I am relieved because I can't imagine wondering where they were or how they were.  (more than I already do)  

But then there is a feeling of disappointment that they aren't willing/have the desire to serve our country.  

You should (and I'm sure you are) be so, so proud of him.  
I am.  Please tell him thank you for me.  My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Hang in there Mom, you'll both be o.k.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 06:53:33 am »
One of my dearest friend's youngest son is stationed on the USS George Washington!  She does the same as you, doesn't watch or read news coverage!  Especially when they were deployed in the Gulf last summer!!

I'm still praying!  Glad graduation is over, I know it was a stressful time for you!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 12:42:56 pm »
In three weeks from today I will say goodbye to my 17 year old son who just graduated from highschool. He'll embark on the first airline flight of his young life, for Navy bootcamp somewhere around Chicago.

That must be Great Lakes Naval Training center. My Dad was there in 48.   At least under the present circumstances the Navy seems like the safest place to be. (Not forgetting the cruiser in Yemen)   My nephew however will be shipping to Iraq in July and will be in charge of convoys.  :(

My nephew was in the Navy and the most dangerous thing they did was thumb thier nose at Khadfi. Oh, there was the time their carrier joined the America's cup in SanDiego :)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 06:13:45 pm »
Thankyou for your kind words Lori, Ruby, Bill, and spaman.

When he leaves I might need to meet you back here and borrow a virtual tissue, and have a virtual cry,
and have a virtual glass of wine. Oh what the heck, we'll have a real glass of wine!!!

Lori

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 07:30:00 pm »

When he leaves I might need to meet you back here and borrow a virtual tissue, and have a virtual cry,
and have a virtual glass of wine. Oh what the heck, we'll have a real glass of wine!!!

You just let me know the date and time!  I have tons of virtual tissues!!!

spaman--

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 12:59:27 am »

Just be sure to spend every second you can right now with him.It may take something a litle stronger than wine, as you want the pain to be relieved quickly.1 or 2 shots will be your tissue!( I am not good at the comforting thing,but i am trying)
-SpaMan~

Lori

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 01:22:42 pm »
Happy Belated, Bill!!!

::) ;) ;D

spahappy

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 01:46:34 pm »
Happy Belated, Bill!!!

::) ;) ;D

DITO BILL!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 01:46:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42