What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: perhaps a warning  (Read 4276 times)

anne

perhaps a warning
« on: January 13, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »
I bring this up only because it is a tough time of the year for most people's immune systems, and viruses/etc are rampant......I had a sort of scary incident, we think secondary to being sort of wiped out with the flu for a few weeks, but I didn't think I felt THAT sick. I was home alone the other morning, and in taking a hot shower, I passed out. I felt "something" coming on, so I sat down, and did not hit my head or anything, so I'm just fine. I am overall a very healthy, active, fit person. I just mention this incident to this crowd since I think if I had been in the tub I would have had a hard time getting out. As I said, I could tell that something was wrong, but I did not expect to lose consciousness. So even if you are super healthy, just dont forget to listen to your body if you feel dizzy or disoriented suddenly in the tub. Good health to all....... :)
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

perhaps a warning
« on: January 13, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: perhaps a warning
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 04:48:50 pm »
I bring this up only because it is a tough time of the year for most people's immune systems, and viruses/etc are rampant......I had a sort of scary incident, we think secondary to being sort of wiped out with the flu for a few weeks, but I didn't think I felt THAT sick. I was home alone the other morning, and in taking a hot shower, I passed out. I felt "something" coming on, so I sat down, and did not hit my head or anything, so I'm just fine. I am overall a very healthy, active, fit person. I just mention this incident to this crowd since I think if I had been in the tub I would have had a hard time getting out. As I said, I could tell that something was wrong, but I did not expect to lose consciousness. So even if you are super healthy, just dont forget to listen to your body if you feel dizzy or disoriented suddenly in the tub. Good health to all....... :)
Whoa! I'm glad to hear you're ok. That could have been alot worse. Luckily you're a very smart women and saw it coming. :)
I'm finally starting to feel better. I'm pretty close to 100% but I've still been kinda takin' it easy.
That is my biggest concern about living alone. If I have an accident of any kind, it would take a little while before anyone noticed. Hopefully I can continue to use my best judgement while by myself until I meet Mrs. Right. :-*
Btw, I'm also very sorry to hear that your furnace is broken. You're having quite a weekend. :(
Try and enjoy the rest of your day as best you can and maybe light a nice fire. :D

Chad

anne

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 06:00:52 pm »
Thanks, Chad. And the furnace is fixed now, even if it was an unexpected and not so fun way to spend extra money, at least I'm warm.....

You know, if you are concerned about being alone and dying, or something, you could always get a dog. Then you'd have someone to lick your face, or maybe start eating your toes, till you were found. ::)

Sorry. I have a whacked sense of humor sometimes. I couldn't help myself. :-*

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 06:12:34 pm »
Yeah I just saw in your other topic that the a tech came out and temperarily fixed it until he gets the new part. $300 is alot of money but like you said it's totally justifiable for two trips to and fro, the part, and actually fixing it. We would have charged a similar amount for a comprable call back w/ tile.

re: "You know, if you are concerned about being alone and dying, or something, you could always get a dog. Then you'd have someone to lick your face, or maybe start eating your toes, till you were found."

;D LOL

Have you finally passed that nasty flu bug?

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 06:28:46 pm »
I just read this article in the paper today:

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/934166.html

Very sad.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

anne

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:47:29 pm »

Have you finally passed that nasty flu bug?

I think I'm 90% there, but I'm still going through kleenex at an alarming rate :P :-X. Thanks.

anne

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 08:50:55 pm »
I just read this article in the paper today:

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/934166.html

Very sad.

Very sad, on many levels. I can sort of see someone not noticed as missing for a few days, but on Christmas???

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:49:10 am »

I think I'm 90% there, but I'm still going through kleenex at an alarming rate :P :-X. Thanks.

Are they actual kleenex?   ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

anne

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:56:53 pm »

Are they actual kleenex?   ;D

LOL! No they are not. I even noticed that I typed that at the time, even though it was not accurate, but writing "facial tissues" just seemed silly! ;)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 11:29:05 pm »
I hate blowing thru (pun intended) Kleenex! That's why we get the 3-ply..  ;)
So far, so good.....family of 3, 3 dogs to eat our toes if necessary....and enough cats to pick the bones clean if the dogs need help.  :o
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 11:29:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42