What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where is the Star Wars review?  (Read 24222 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Where is the Star Wars review?
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:18:33 pm »
Hey Poolboy,
Where is the review and where have you been? I know you've been waiting forever to see the movie (as have I).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Where is the Star Wars review?
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:18:33 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Where is the Star Wars review?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 08:04:18 am »
Hopefully it won't get posted till Sunday afternoon. I've been avoiding all media about the movie and not talking with friends and coworkers. We are seeing it at noon Sunday.   I suppose I could avoid it if it is here till then.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 11:44:47 pm »
I went and saw it this saturday morning. It was great!

I'll try to keep the review fairly short.

It starts out with Edited by Moderator

With that said,it's plain to see why I'll be seeing it again very soon.

Hope you all enjoyed the review,and hope it didn't spoil much of the plot and twists involved.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 07:45:33 am »
I enjoyed it, found the story satisfying.  The only thing I didn't like was the record amount of commercials and previews.  Can't wait to see The Fantastic Four next.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 11:05:46 am »
Loved it. I can't wait for Episode VII.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 09:45:50 pm »
I saw it last night...and I guess I am in the minority ...but I told my friend I was with that for me...The movie has lost all of its charm and humor from the original's that no one seems to be having any fun on screen that its way to serious and no passion in the acting ....I mean it is all read in a mono tone voice ......sorry to differ with the others...but other than being visually excellent it was dull.....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 12:13:15 am »
I saw it last night...and I guess I am in the minority ...but I told my friend I was with that for me...The movie has lost all of its charm and humor from the original's that no one seems to be having any fun on screen that its way to serious and no passion in the acting ....I mean it is all read in a mono tone voice ......sorry to differ with the others...but other than being visually excellent it was dull.....

There is a big difference between the first 3 and the original 3. I love them each. The best by FAR for me is the latest and Empire Strikes Back so its one from each group.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 09:31:05 am »
Gotta argee with Mendocino on this one.......... no, I actually feel a bit stronger.

This movie was one of the most disappointing I've seen in a long time.

Sure the special effects were great. But the story line was ridiculously unbelievable (NOT believable) and the script poorly written. Perhaps if it was an HOUR shorter it may have been better.

What's most unfortunate was I had to see it twice.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 12:16:38 am »
I wouldn't see it again if you bought me a tub of popcorn. What a sad excuse for a movie.

>:(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:05:14 am »
As some of you know, I studied Theatre in college.  I took a screen play writing class, just for fun.  Part of what makes a good screen play (or stage play, for that matter) is starting in the middle of a story.  Like the original (#4), you are thrown into a battle in the first scene.  Anyway, this movie seemed to me to be some fighting scenes, then *bam* we have to hurry up and explain Padme's death, the birth and separation of the twins, and Anakin's transformation in one fell swoop!   :P  How forced and pretentious, as well as contrite.  I don't know, I had been holding off reviewing it, trying to give myself time to digest and get over my disappointment.  It isn't going to happen!  

It really insults my intelligence!  Why didn't they introduce Han Solo as a child?  That, to me, was the only predictable part they left out.  And it was probably on the cutting room floor!!!

Oh well... :'(
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 09:02:27 am »
Padme's death

WHAT ?  ? ?  SHE DIES     ? ?  ?  ? :o :o :o

Just kidding. I couldn't care less. :P

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 09:02:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42