What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spascapes/Landscaping  (Read 1904 times)

paul

• New Optima Owner
Spascapes/Landscaping
« on: October 11, 2005, 01:28:02 am »
I just purchased, and intend build around my new spa - a stone walkway, steps leading up to the spa (which will be 6 inches in the ground), and decking around the spa.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  e.g. should I put the spa in first (on one of those $300 pads that can used instead of concrete), or do the landscaping first?  Any other suggestions?  Thanks  Paul

Hot Tub Forum

Spascapes/Landscaping
« on: October 11, 2005, 01:28:02 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Spascapes/Landscaping
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 05:49:33 am »
Install the spa and work around it. There may be things you want to change as you see how they fit the spa. Besides you can use it to cure what ails you from the hard work of landscaping.
Retired

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 07:30:18 am »
HI Paul,

I hope you photograph your progress and post it here. I am heading to the Home Depot today to pick up some landscaping books for ideas.  I have to have my plan solid on paper (and I haven't even picked a tub yet). My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I want a removable roof. Something that can provide cover when you want it,
( like in the wonderful 40 degree rain storms that the northeast is famous for) but can slide off when you want to enjoy star gazing!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 07:47:37 am »
I put my "plastic pad" in first and then because of city problems with a deck,  I made a "temporary" deck around it.  2 feet wide on 2  sides so I could open the cover and 5 feet wide on the side with the steps.  Although temporary it will stay until the spa goes.  I left it this way for a year so I could see where I needed privacy etc.  Then had my landscaper put on a flagstone walkway and landscaping.  That worked well and I haven't regreted any of the work.  If I  could figure out how to post pictures I would.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 10:10:21 am »
You may want to ask your dealer about putting the spa on a pad, with the size of yours it may void the warranty if not placed on concrete or appropriate decking.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 10:10:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42