What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: clearance from house and walls??  (Read 2593 times)

linjon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
clearance from house and walls??
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:41:25 am »
Hi. I most likely will be getting a caldera geneva, soon. I want to put it in paved backyard, which is approx 26 W x 35  feet deep. There is a 5 foot brick fence on 1 side ( which the spa will be next to, and on the adjacent side is the back of the house. No windows on the house.

How much clearance would anyone suggest against the fence and back of house.
thanks

Hot Tub Forum

clearance from house and walls??
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:41:25 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: clearance from house and walls??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 11:53:07 am »
Check with those who enforce building codes in your area to see if you have any specific code issues to deal with.  Other than that, you'd want enough space around the spa to access it for service.  Looking at my spa, I believe 3' should be ok.  
You don't want to make it too difficult for you spa-tech.
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 12:25:06 pm »
You need clearance relative to the spa lifter and the cover. Go to the dealer with a tape measure and open the cover (or call and ask them to do so). Measure how far the lifter and cover stick out on the sides and back and plan accordingly.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

linjon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 12:56:11 pm »
thanks.
If i'm thinking about a gazebo, later, how much room would people reccomend leaving or allowing for that?

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 02:04:59 pm »
Can I hi-jack this post a little?

When work/repair is done on hot tub is it usually done on just one side or do they need to be able to access all around the tub?  I was going to put mine up on the hill next to a block wall on 2 of the 4 sides (left and back).  I figured I would just leave enough clearance on those 2 sides for the coverlifter going to the back.  Then I would be totally accesable on the front and 3-5' or so on the right side.  Do I need to allow for more room than that?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 02:08:34 pm »
Don't know if all spas are the same (doubtful), but my spa has jets on all four sides, and presumably potential leaks at all jet sites, and other plumbing junctions, so I'd consider at least the possibility that a tech could need to access any side panel.  
I remember seeing posted at least a couple times that most servicing is done in the equipment bay.
Maybe some tech's could comment on how often they have to access other areas of the spa.
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 02:08:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42