What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Controversial commercial  (Read 30434 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Controversial commercial
« on: May 25, 2005, 02:10:40 pm »
http://www.spicyparis.com/paris.html

Be sure to watch the internet version.

To me the only controversy, other than if Paris Hilton has a brain, is $6 for a fast food burger?  Even in Canadian currency that is too much.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Controversial commercial
« on: May 25, 2005, 02:10:40 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Controversial commercial
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:46:47 pm »
In my opinion, there's a bit too much to her costume.  ::)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 04:05:27 pm »
Had you ever heard of Paris before the infamous sex tape? I often joke she is the only celebrity to get a restraining order placed against her by pavorotzi (sp)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 09:37:09 pm »
Do you mean Povarati the opera singer, or paparazi(sp) the chase you down photographers. I was unaware that Paris and Poverati were involved!

Had you ever heard of Paris before the infamous sex tape? I often joke she is the only celebrity to get a restraining order placed against her by pavorotzi (sp)

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 09:45:23 pm »
WHAT!?? Pavaroti and Paparazzi are involved in Paris?

Wow. Gimme a burger.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 11:07:28 am »
Come on Chas, pay attention...

Pavaroti and Paris are invloved in Paparazzi ( near Naples). ::)

;)

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 11:25:06 am »
1) It's name is the $6 burger but it doesn't actuually cost that much. They call it that but sell it for much less (percieved value). I'll stick with a PBJ personally.

2) I get the feeling the ad people and Carl's Jr are rubbing their hands together at the free publicity. This is exactly how they hoped it would turn out IMO.

3) I watched the commercial and didn't see an issue with it. In fact, I've replayed it several times and each time it gets a thumbs up from me. ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 12:51:04 pm »
"It's name is the $6 burger but it doesn't actuually cost that much. They call it that but sell it for much less (percieved value)."

Hmmmmmmmmm, doesn't Gulfcoast have the patent on this idea?

Funny though, the burger looks good, but I never went to get one as I figure it cost $6.. no way I"m spending that for a fast food burger........ though if it were to be server to me personally by Paris.  ;D

"I get the feeling the ad people and Carl's Jr are rubbing their hands together at the free publicity. This is exactly how they hoped it would turn out IMO."

AGREED! I'm sure the ad agency has now rasied their rates for new customers as well, being able to cite their sucess for getting free publicity.

"I watched the commercial and didn't see an issue with it. In fact, I've replayed it several times and each time it gets a thumbs up from me. "

YEAH! What's the problem with it? thumb huh? yeah right
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 12:51:39 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 07:55:55 pm »
My hats off to who ever filmed the commercial ....they make her look much better than she really does .... from normal angles ....the girl has no shape at all ...as for the burger they actually sell for about 4 bucks.... :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 01:25:14 pm »
I have only seen the web version (no TV) and I have heard that it's different, so I can't really comment. But I did think she was pretty close to having a wardrobe malfunction a couple of times. I decided NOT to go back and watch it carefully to be sure.

Couple 'a burgers a day would do that girl good...

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 01:25:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42