What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Did anybody follow......  (Read 4309 times)

anne

Did anybody follow......
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:38:33 am »
Dancing with the Stars? Go ahead, admit it.......I know that *I* did not alone make it the #2 show Tuesday night.

Anyway, for anyone who did follow, what did you think? As semi-part-time past professional, I'm curious to hear what the rest of the world thought.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

Did anybody follow......
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:38:33 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Did anybody follow......
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 04:48:45 am »
It's been cloudy here. And I don't like to dance outside anyway when it's cold out.  8-)
Retired

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:51:05 am »
Unless Shabba-Doo and Boogaloo Shrimp were contestants, it has no street cred.

Termiloo Crawdaddy
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:08:15 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:58:39 am »
What's Dancing with the Stars? Sounds kind of native American.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 06:02:47 pm »
Never fear, in spite of what the forum comedians have to say you are not alone. My girlfriend and I watched the original series on a lark during the slow summer season and have been hooked ever since. But while I watch the show I have never taken time to vote for anybody. And probably never will.

Some people I work with felt that Lopez was a trained dancer, so they rooted for Smith, who worked harder and had more to learn. This may have been the big difference in the end as I think many felt this way. I was happy with Smith as the winner but wouldn't have been disappointed either way. Although I don't know that Lopez was a "trained" dancer, he clearly had more dance training than probably any one else coming in this season and was probably similar to Stacy Kiebler last season (In fact she probably had had more formal training the Lopez prior to her participation in the show.) Like many actors he probably had some dance training when younger, he says he has had tap and "hip hop" dance lessons but never any formal ballroom lessons. Hard to know what the truth is for sure. Not that it mattered that much to me. Indeed Kiebler placed third and he was second so maybe looking too good at the start proves to be a tough obstacle to overcome!

As result Smith to me made the the most dramatic improvement over the course of the show. He clearly never equaled Lopez in technical skill, indeed he may not have been as "technically" good at the end as Lopez was at the beginning. But his charm and appeal may have attracted more voters because Lopez seemed more like a pro to begin with.

But what do I know, I have two right feet!
 :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:50:15 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 06:13:40 pm »
I was happy with Smith as the winner but wouldn't have been disappointed either way.

IF you are referring to the nefarious Dr. Zachary Smith, I could certainly understand how he would be the popular choice.  He is a graceful man.

However, he ain't no Boogaloo Shrimp.  Shabba-Doo, MC Hammer, or even Bobby Brown would wipe the floor with that ol' geezer!

MC Termy
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:14:22 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 06:17:49 pm »
1) I somehow forgot to watch. ::)

2) Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Walter P and LT would have done much better.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 06:21:55 pm »
Peg Leg Bates could pirouette like no man before or since.

Couldn't no one hang with Peg Leg, lest they were doing a polka.  He sucked at polkas.

Three-Legged Term
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:38:32 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 07:34:32 pm »
I seriously don't get.... And they canceled Enterprise?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

anne

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 08:38:52 pm »
I seriously don't get.... And they canceled Enterprise?

huh?

anne

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:43 pm »
OK, there are a few people here who need to be more open minded! If Emmit Smith can get out there and give dancing a good name, then ya'll should give it a chance. ;)

tanstaafl2, I think you are right that Mario downplayed his *level* of hip hop experience, and he probably does martial arts, based on his flexibility. But I really dont think he had latin or ballroom expereince going into this. In the beginning, he looked really good, but still did some beginnerish things that someone with a little training would not do (little technical things that most people would not care about.) I sort of think that Mario should have won, as he was technically better, but I do think that Emmit made the longer journey of improvement and had a style to his dancing that transcends technique. And Emmit winning does more for dancing as a sport (to me) than Mario winning.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 09:50:26 pm »
So You Think You Can Dance > Dancing With The Stars

:P

Seriously, So You Think You Can Dance is awesome entertainment.  Can't wait til next season!  Anne, did you watch it?  What did you think?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

anne

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 02:16:46 am »
So You Think You Can Dance > Dancing With The Stars

:P

Seriously, So You Think You Can Dance is awesome entertainment.  Can't wait til next season!  Anne, did you watch it?  What did you think?

Dancing with the stars is just weak entertainment to keep me going until the next So You Think You can Dance. I LOVE that show. OK, anyone out there shaking their head and thinking "what a weanie show" has to WATCH it before passing any judgement. And then if you are still rolling your eyes, I 'll dare you to take one waltz or hip hop class and still not be impressed by them.......I do like th stars show for the fact that it shows that anyone can do it. But for actually impressive entertainment, "so you think..." is awesome.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 02:16:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42