What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: color  (Read 2891 times)

tootsie

color
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:56:50 pm »
Hi,  I've been reading this forum and getting really good points on different aspects of hot tubs, and sometimes laughing alot.   We just ordered our tub two weeks ago, and like everybody else seems to be doing, second guessing if what we got will be good.

My concern,  all the pictures i see seem to have very light colored tubs,  I'm getting a midnight color thats blacks, greys and whites--it matches the house. (grey and charcoal)  

is there any advantage or disadvantage to any of the colors are far as cleaning and maintenance,   or is it just a personal decision?  

Hot Tub Forum

color
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:56:50 pm »

cappykat

Re: color
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 06:19:21 pm »
I read something recently...can't remember where, that the darker the color the less it reflects the lighting.  Don't know if that's true as we don't have our tub yet.

Good questions.  Would a darker color show any wear from the water line more than a lighter color?
2005 Marquis Epic

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 06:24:34 pm »
The lighter colors in spas do reflect todays changing lights more than darker tubs....how ever get the color you like best.....For me personally I leave the lights off when I am in the spa .....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 06:24:58 pm by Mendocino101 »

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 06:39:03 pm »
I agree.  We chose the color we liked best.  
2005 Marquis Epic

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 07:14:31 pm »
The original color I wanted was black granite and if I didn't get the LED light I would have bought it. I figured I spent the money on the LED light I might as well have a color to show it.

But as Mendo said I typically leave the light off, my kids like turning it on!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 07:10:25 am »
I had a midnight blue tub years ago and I loved it.  I have a platinum color now.  The dark color will show water spots a little more than a lighter color in the daylight but it was still beauiful.  Not to worry, it will look great.

nicker

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 10:04:55 am »
as mentioned the ligher colors and smooth finish tubs do reflect the light much better.  I have a black granite finish and love it (would get that finish again).  I typically leave the lights off as well unless I have a bunch of people in it.

As for ease of cleaning.  I only notice a faint white line at the water every couple of weeks and use some spa clear on a rag and whip it off.   The nice thing with the granite surface is you don't see any scratches.

Dont worry you will be happy with your spa when it arrives.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 03:49:41 pm »
You know when I was searching for a tub...I was concerned that the smooth surface tub might be slicker than the granite style..and I was amazed that it's not I tried out the 470 at the showroom that has the white color tub and it wasn't that slick at all. I chose a darker colored tub too (jade green is what they call it) in the granite style. It still shows up just as much grime as any other tub so it's all in which color you like the best!

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 03:59:33 pm »
Does the tub your are planning on getting have a foot dome?  Is the tub light in the footwell or higher up in the seating area?  The concern would be entering a dark tub at night and standing on the footdome, thinking you are on the tub floor and sliding down to the floor.  True its only a couple of inches but it will get your attention.  Just something to think about.

r100rs

Yeah , I made it to 100 posts - boy do I feel important now.  

Where is that certificate stating, "Certified Spa Guru".

;D  ;D  ;D

tootsie

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 12:37:25 pm »
thanks for the input,  I feel better about the color already.  

Certified Spa Garu--  it does not have that hump in the foot well it's an L.A.Spa Oasis.  but safety should be a concern, maybe when the electrician comes we can get some lights wired on the side of the garage by the hot tub, that can be turned off from the outside if we wish to sit in the dark.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 12:37:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42